5.0 out of 5 stars "It's the End of the World as We Know it!"
Published on 28 Nov 2011 by Bruce

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor read
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by Airedale

5.0 out of 5 stars "It's the End of the World as We Know it!", 28 Nov 2011
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
So after more than a dozen books we come to the penultimate Repairman Jack novel and if you have got this far, you will be pleased to get more answers. I see this as Ground Zero (Repairman Jack) Part II. We have the same small group of main characters, now focused entirely on the main struggle. Jack, Veilleur, Weezy and "the Lady" against Drexler and "the One" with their supporting cast of "the Order", Kickers etc.

Whereas in Ground Zero, Jack seemed passive and ineffectual, now he starts to concentrate on what he really needs to do and is finally sparked into action. This book sticks to the main task at hand and we don't get the usual fix-it jobs that he takes on - or do we? Everything eventually links up and the scene is finally set for the final battle.

By now if you are not a fan, this is about the worst time to start reading this series, as it all builds on what has gone before, yet the complexity has been finally "ironed out" to come down to what might seem a simplistic "good vs. evil" conflict. But just at this point Drexler starts to show doubts and although we can believe "the One" is wholly evil, would anybody else really want the kind of future he is describing?

Somehow, (Wilson seems to be telling us) every human being has some chance of redemption and maybe this is what saves us from chaos. No matter how bad it gets and no matter how passive we can seem - there is still a part of us as human beings that will do the right thing and save the species from self-destruction.

Now I have got this far, having read all the books - I can only say this is compulsive reading and a real page-turner. Overall the series has been consistently excellent - but maybe a newcomer would want to start at an earlier point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luvvly Jubbly, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fatal Error (Repairman Jack Book 14) (Kindle Edition)
If you've not read repairman Jack novels before then your in for a treat. I've got every single one and they are all consistently good. Don't expect high literature, these are easy reading, but do expect to be educated, amused, excited and intrigued. You'll be drawn into Jacks unusual and often frighteningly strange world, and if you're like me you may leave somewhat inspired and addicted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fatal Error (Repairman Jack Book 14) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent and worth the money. Would recommend to anyone that enjoys fantasy, horror, and a ridiculously intelligent and brilliant main character who is the ultimate good guy gone rouge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor read, 2 Feb 2012
Possible the worst Repairman Jack book of the series. Long winded passage of a journey through chaotic New York does nothing for the story or the plot. Confrontation at the airport could well have been left out all together, as it adds nothing to the overarching plot, other than Jack rescues his two women (again). This volume could well have been chopped back, as could Ground Zero and made one very good read to match previous Repairman Jack novels.

Sadly having read a review of the last Repairman Jack book it seems that the last three novels in the series in no way amtch the earlier novels. Very disappointing

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to be bought, 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fatal Error (Repairman Jack Book 14) (Kindle Edition)
Someone gave me the previous 13 books, so having struggled through one or two of them, really enjoyed some of them, this had to be read.

Not one of the best in the series but an essential link if you are going to read the last book, which is good, or at least gave me the closure I felt I deserved after reading/sometimes struggling through the whole lot.

Had I had to buy the complete series I probably would have given up around book three or four, am I glad I read them all? Yes! Make what you can of that. Whatever you do, you need to read from book one if you are to bother with book 14 one it's own the book is totally pointless .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fatal Error., 19 Oct 2011
I'm now a fan and love this book and intend getting all opf the repairman Jack books. This gets going pretty fast and keeps you interested throughout.
Would of been a one day read, but I started late so read it over two days. Another brilliant book and well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fatal Error novel, 3 Jan 2011
excellent as always, although F.Paul Wilson is one of my favourite authors. You may have to read previous novels to understand some of what is going on, but hey, what a good excuse to collect the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug 2014
brilliant

Fatal Error (Repairman Jack Book 14)