4.0 out of 5 stars Teaches you all about drawing
This book teaches beginners how to think positive and have faith, when they have a pencil in their hands. Basic rules of drawing are explained, with each chapter featuring different subjects for you to draw. Throughout the book, there are assignments for you to carry out. By reading this book you are given the confidence to pick up a pencil and draw. An interesting and...
Published on 30 Oct 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Big on motivation, lacking in instruction
This book is great at convincing you that you can draw - which for a lot of us is big hurdle, however while it has many examples, it does not contain any real insight into how they are constructed.
Published 12 months ago by BruceBoomstick

‹ Previous | 112 13 1417 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful even for non-drawers!, 27 Sep 2012
bookworm8 "bookworm8" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
I cannot draw. Not at all. However, having embarked on an embroidery class only to find we have to draw our own designs and ideas, I had to learn - and quickly. This book did help. I am still rubbish at drawing, but at least now I have starting points and can turn to relevant sections of the book and get some help. Mostly now, I - and others too - can tell what my drawing is supposed to represent, which was certainly not the case before I used this book.
If you want to 'draw from scratch' this book will help you begin - but you will need to put in plenty of practice.

3.0 out of 5 stars basic skill toolbox, 6 Aug 2012
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
I am a beginner in painting and this book was proven quite useful as it provides u with some very basic skills. The idea of the writter is that just like you learned to write everyone can learnn to draw by following some simple techniques. It deals mostly with pencil and black pen use.
It begins from landscapes and teaches u a bit about different shading patterns. Then it moves to trees, animals, people cartoons etc.
In general i like the encouraging tone of the writer though at some points its a bit too mellow.
The only negative is that exactly because its too basic the drawings included are not exactly inspiring, as they look like drawing from elementary school.
Its a good start, though it gets boring quite fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for a newbie artist in the making!!, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
I purchased this item as a gift for my 11 year old niece and she loved it!! She learnt some new techniques and found the book very helpful. Some things are challenging, but as she develops, I'm sure she'll master them!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great drawing guide, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
I bought this book for my grandaughter and she loves it. Easy to draw sketches and loads of different drawings to learn how to do and done in an easy way for learning.In my eyes a good book and well worth the money.Has easy guidelines on how to draw different things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Art book, 23 April 2012
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
Bought this book for my grand daughter for chritmas as she loves anything to do with art and she loved the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very instructive, 3 Dec 2011
Mrs. S. A. Priestley (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
Nice informative book. Not one to sit reading like a novel, but more to have to hand if you are about to attempt a particular study you have not done before as there is sure to be a chapter to help you achieve your aim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good starter book., 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
I hadn't picked up a pencil for more years than I wanted to remember and way back then I was rubbish! Using the techniques in this book has increased my drawing abilities by a factor that I couldn't measure. Some of the exercises i.e. the little landscape ones are a bit tough...but there's no progress without a struggle! There are probably more cartoon-based sections than I would want in an ideal world but you have to appeal to all tastes and requirements when writing such a general book so you can't condemn it for that. All in all I would give it a 17/20.

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Draw Anything by Mark Linley, 9 Mar 2011
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
This little book is a wonderful way to learn to draw like it said anything. buy it I have to pick it up read it many many over.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to draw, 6 Mar 2011
This review is from: How To Draw Anything (Paperback)
Great book full of info and great for people like me who need basic drawing skills as I use my drawings to make wood carvings and well worth the cost which was minimal

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: How to Draw Anything (Paperback)
very good book . Easy to understand. Gives good instructions & pictues to guide you through the drawings. good for beginners.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1417 | Next ›