5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job
Published on 17 Mar. 2012 by SteveB

1.0 out of 5 stars Too, too lightweight.
This looks good in theory. In practice, unfortunately, apart from one position, it just would not hold my 2.7kg laptop. It was much, much too lightweight. A slight brush and the stand would get knocked over. Was just about manageable on a hard surface, but definitely not suitable for use on a bed. I had to return it, sadly.
Published 1 month ago by Purpley

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Lavolta Portable Folding Laptop Table Desk Tray Stand with Cooling Pad - 2x Cooler Fans - Aluminium Alloy - Adjustable-Angle Legs - Red (Electronics)
Much thinner and lighter than I expected but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sat on the sofa now typing away. Perfectly stable for me but there are so many ways to arrange the legs it takes a bit of time to get it right. Really easy to adjust though by pressing the buttons at each joint, so it's quite fun going through the options. My laptop is 15.6" and the rubber feet on the PC are close to the edge of the table; would it work on a 17" laptop? Not sure; on my 15.6" it's fine though. When I first got it, the laptop kept sliding off because I didn't realise that was what the lift-up flap was for; I thought it was for storing the fan cable -- duh. Now the flap is up, the table is great.

My laptop doesn't overheat (yet) so I haven't got the fans on.

All in all, love it. Saved my neck as well as I'm not all hunched over on the sofa now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product! Fast delivery!, 28 Oct. 2012
It was delivered really quickly and does all as the seller described. It came in one single piece - no need to install with the smart design (outwitted many other similar products). The product is very flexible to transform into different shapes and styles to use it on top of coffee table, sitting on sofa or in bed.

It could be improved if the distance between the left and right legs could be wider. It's right about okay for me (as size 8-10), but I wonder if people in larger sizes may get stuck sometime when using it in bed.

Anyway, it's a great value to price product. I would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Jun. 2013
I bought this for my girlfriend as she doesn't have a desk and usually uses her laptop on her bed, causing it to overheat. This was a great solution! It has fans built in, which are quietly efficient, and can be easily set up to be comfortable for any position.
It can also be used for a tablet, as it has a pull out ledge, so you can prop your tablet on it without fear of it falling off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for using a laptop on a desk., 11 Oct. 2013
AC NEEDHAM (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Working from home, and using my laptop on my desk I noticed pretty quickly that I was slouching or sliding down in my chair to get more level with the screen, and as a result I was giving myself considerable back and neckache.

This stand has sorted all that.

I now have my laptop screen level with my eyes when I'm sat up properly in my chair. I'm using an external keyboard to avoid having to type in mid-air and I can already feel the benefit in my posture, and the backache is gone.

The stand itself is lightweight, and I love the fact that it folds totally flat so it's easily stored when not being used. The legs have three sections which are easily adjusted to acheive just the right height and angle.

I bought the red one and the colour is lovely too :)

All together I'm very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Item, 7 Sept. 2013
This is money well spent, For anyone with a slight neck problem like myself this is ideal. I did put adhesive strips on feet to protect table top from marks as you tend to push laptop stand away at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 28 Aug. 2013
keeps it cool, looks cool. used it to dj at a friends barbie and worked great. very light, easy to maneuver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat., 23 Aug. 2013
C. Johnson - See all my reviews
Very light, nice colour. Useability - certainly adaptable if a bit fiddly. Tricky to adjust both sides together and the locks are awkward if you have average to long fingernails - just broke a thumbnail.Bit unstable on carpet if you need height. Takes a 13" Macbook with about 1cm or so clear all round.
Good idea though and will hopefully save me some neck and shoulder pain when I get it right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 15' and under, don't try with 17', 28 July 2014
I used this with a 13' ultrabook as well as a 17' gaming laptop and after a few months of daily use it's still going strong.

One caveat is that the cooler can't really handle a 17' laptop even if said laptop sits comfortable on the desk. It cooled the ultrabook well enough (exceptionally I would say given that said ultrabook would become impossible to hold in my lap with a fair pair of cotton pants on). However it did nothing for the 17'.

I tried it with a couple of 15' laptops belonging to friends with mixed results: one had a vent placed lower and the cooler did well enough to catch the underside with one fan and the hot air from the vent with the other (which wasn't fully covered). The other had nothing therefore the cooling didn't quite match the first.

And at last, another issue with the 17' laptop was that the table became quite wobbly under its weight. Nothing gave in but I probably won't use it with the 17' again as there's no gain (no stability, no cooling).

1.0 out of 5 stars Too, too lightweight., 9 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars nice quality a very smart gadget, 25 Sept. 2013
Nice quality a very smart gadget for everyone who want to have his laptop on bed :)
It can hold even a 17" laptop.