Size: Laptop Cooling Stand RedChange

on 1 May 2014
I bought this to try out standing at my desk without spending vast sums of money. It's a useful experiment, so I certainly don't regret the purchase, and am impressed with the range of positions you can create with this stand. The joints lock really firmly and I've never felt it would collapse under the weight of my laptop.

In terms of standing, I'm fairly tall and need to have the joints set at 90, 180 and 90 degrees respectively, which can look ugly (a bit like R2D2 from Star Wars) and at first felt like the stand may tip forward. However, with the weight of the laptop on the tray it feels stable, front to back. My main issue is that the stand wobbles a lot, from side to side once you use the laptop. Not a problem if you're using it sitting and have an external keyboard, but if you're typing on the laptop itself, on the stand, this can get annoying.

That aside, my other main gripe is that the silver finish looks really ugly. The photo doesn't convey this very well at all, but the overall effect is pretty cheap, not least on the hollow plastic legs. The textured finish on the (metal) plate doesn't help. In hindsight I would have probably bought a black one. The opportunity to pay more for a fully metal model would be good.

Personally I find the fans pretty useless. When on they simply blow air into the vents in the laptop where in-built fans are trying to blow air out. Naturally this issue depends on the model of your laptop, but I can't see myself using these and may even remove the unit and use it in some other project.

If I could change one more thing (!) I would add a small dip in the middle of the lip that keeps the laptop from sliding off the tray. This would make it easier to lift the lid on a slimline laptop, which at the moment is fiddly.

In summary, I'm pleased I tried it, and am getting some reasonable use out of it, but can't claim to love it in any way.
on 28 October 2012
It was delivered really quickly and does all as the seller described. It came in one single piece - no need to install with the smart design (outwitted many other similar products). The product is very flexible to transform into different shapes and styles to use it on top of coffee table, sitting on sofa or in bed.

It could be improved if the distance between the left and right legs could be wider. It's right about okay for me (as size 8-10), but I wonder if people in larger sizes may get stuck sometime when using it in bed.

Anyway, it's a great value to price product. I would definitely recommend it!
on 9 May 2014
I was looking for a good sturdy, handy laptop stand and I found it. It's Lavolta stand. I would disagree with some reviews for this stand as I read all of them especially for one and two star ratings.
In my opinion it's everything what you need but first things first:
1. It is sturdy enough
2. It is good quality - it's aluminium ( it's light and strong enough ) not plastic so I don't know why people are complaining
3. I'm using my 17" laptop on it that weight around 4kg and I feel safe.
4. I'am using it on 2 seater leather sofa and while I'm in bed and It's fine so I again don't understand that 2 star review by Jim ( stand will be moving a bit in a bed as the mattress is not sturdy :P )
5. It doesn't take too much space as the bamboo ones so its perfect for bed.
6. The best thing about it is that you can adjust it in many ways.
1. The desk surface is not slippery free, I think buying antislip rubber tape and putting few stripes on it will solve the issue.
2. It shouldn't be call as Table Desk more like a stand as in highest position you won't be able to use it while sitting on a chair but it is not the purpose for it.

I hope my review helped a bit.
on 9 March 2014
Very useful, it took me a while to figure out how to adjust it - although it's actually incredibly easy! You just push in the silver buttons and you can rotate and extend the legs however you like. This means you can have it much as shown to use in bed etc or you can extend the legs to use stood on the floor it whilst sitting on the couch etc.

What makes it worth the extra tenner or so over the average laptop table is that it's incredibly lightweight. It's really easy to pick up the laptop on the laptop table - even open and running - and walk off into another room with it. It's small - just right for my 14" ultrabook - bit on the small/light side for my 17" which is not only bigger but much heavier - but I wanted it for the ultrabook so it works very well for me.

Very pleased, best little laptop table I've had.
on 10 June 2014
This thing works exactly as I hoped. I like how the legs snap into set increments, so its actually quite easy to set it level (both legs with the same settings).

I use it as a monitor stand for my stand up desk, with my monitor on the stand and my 13" Macbook Air underneath. There is plenty of room for my laptop under there, and probably a bigger laptop would be fine too.

With this desk I can basically construct a stand up desk from any surface that is roughly the correct height, which is exactly what I was looking for.

My only criticism is I wish it was lighter so it wouldn't use up so much weight in my check in baggage. It's already 1.7 kg which is not bad, maybe they need to bring out a carbon fibre version :)

Generally I would recommend this 100% for anybody looking to use it in the same way I am - as a portable stand up desk.
on 13 June 2014
This item is so versatile - once you've got the hang of moving the legs you'll see how great it is (someone with special needs might need a bit of help with this initially). We've particularly been using it a lot to put our ipad on e.g. when following a recipe in the kitchen as it keeps the ipad out of the way of all the mess, or watching something on the ipad in bed.
on 20 December 2012
looks fantastic. very sturdy. its amazing how high the stand stretches out too. would definitely use this company again .
on 22 August 2014
Great table, work's a treat sat at the sette with my laptop on. I use it without the wheels fitted to fit under the sette. You have to be careful on wood/laminated flooring that you don't scratch the floor whilst sliding in under without wheels . I'm planning on wrapping cord around where the 5 wheel's should go to protect my floor. Some air vent hole's would have been a good addition or model option but I plan on adding some myself. Great price, great product and arrived in 2 days on standard delivery. Highly recommend.
on 7 September 2014
I've only been using this for a few minutes but wanted to write a review straight away because I am so impressed with how quickly this arrived. I have recently been diagnosed with a tumour the size of a melon on my right ovary. My stomach is huge and, until I get my surgery, will now have to work from home as it's too uncomfortable to make it into the office now. I browsed Amazon on Friday for something I could use to rest my laptop on so I can comfortably work from my sofa and my bed (which will be especially useful when I'm recovering from surgery). I found this and it seemed ideal. I ordered on the Friday, and was given a delivery date of Tuesday. However it is Sunday and here it is...two days early!!! Very happy with that!

I'm having a go at using it (as I type this now), and it does the job. There are a mountain of options on how you can set it up. There isn't a guidebook provided but I think it's because of the infinite amount of options you have. Yes, it can wobble a bit, but I find that's because I'm resting it on a sofa rather than a hard surface, so it is bound to wobble. I've adjusted it so it leans down enough that I can type, but gives my huge belly plenty of room (so I recommend this for you pregnant ladies). The fans are genius! I know that most people wont have a need for them, but my work laptop tends to get very overheated, so this is ideal (and cools your lap down too...bonus).

I'm still finding my way around the tray, and look forward to trying it while I'm in bed, but so far, so good! Thanks again for the speedy delivery!
on 17 March 2012
Much thinner and lighter than I expected but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sat on the sofa now typing away. Perfectly stable for me but there are so many ways to arrange the legs it takes a bit of time to get it right. Really easy to adjust though by pressing the buttons at each joint, so it's quite fun going through the options. My laptop is 15.6" and the rubber feet on the PC are close to the edge of the table; would it work on a 17" laptop? Not sure; on my 15.6" it's fine though. When I first got it, the laptop kept sliding off because I didn't realise that was what the lift-up flap was for; I thought it was for storing the fan cable -- duh. Now the flap is up, the table is great.

My laptop doesn't overheat (yet) so I haven't got the fans on.

All in all, love it. Saved my neck as well as I'm not all hunched over on the sofa now.