4.3 out of 5 stars1,187

on 17 March 2013
I had downloaded this before I read the negative reviews stating that it won't work on a Kindle Fire. Although it was slow to download, it is now up and running on my Kindle Fire. Try again if you weren't successful, it's a lovely app!
0Comment173 of 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2012
The many photographs are really good. I havelots of birdbooks with photographs of the birds of course, but these are outstanding. The calls also are so realistic that i am almost looking round for the bird! I saw a waxwing a few days ago, but it was silent. Now I know what it would have sounded like if it had been calling or singing!
Jean 101
0Comment116 of 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2012
I downloaded this really superb app onto my Kindle Fire. You need to be prepared for a long download time of about 30 minutes, but it is worth the wait. It would be worth temporarily changing your auto switch off time before downloading. Mine is set for 5 minutes and I needed to poke the screen every few minutes to stop it switching off. That aside, no problem.
Each species has useful, often quite detailed field notes, images and most have song examples, which you certainly don't get in book. The images are a bit small and cannot be expanded but that is a very minor quibble. This is a great value app. I'm so glad I found it.
11 comment97 of 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
In general the sounds are very helpful and the pictures in general are also good. Certainly worth the money it cost.
on 3 December 2012
Very pleased with this app. It gives several images for each bird and their song. I was worried when I first opened it up as it took ages but that was only for the first time of use.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2012
Really love this app. Information very well organised and easy to find what you're looking for.

However, one request. can you update the app so you can click on thr image of the bird to see a full screeb version, images are too small.
on 24 January 2013
Works fine on my kindle fire. They must have fixed the problem! Lovely app just what I needed! I'm very pleased
0Comment31 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 December 2012
For each bird listed, and there are loads, you get a photograph, a write-up and a short .mp3 sound file. This is absolutely fascinating. My Mum often asks me about birds. I might just be able to answer a few questions for her now. I might still get the book of British birds as well, but this is so much more interactive, especially with the bird songs included. A lovely app. Chuffed to bits with it.
0Comment53 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2012
Very useful for instant identification, especially the range of images. Unfortunately the sound files populate the music section of the tablet' s system.
0Comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2014
There is so much information in this app I feel sure I will be able to identify far more birds than ever. I like the recorded bird song, and variety of images. I would recommend it to all bird lovers, and to the young and the old. I have not found anything to dislike.