1,031 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars works on Kindle Fire
I had downloaded this before I read the negative reviews stating that it won't work on a Kindle Fire. Although it was slow to download, it is now up and running on my Kindle Fire. Try again if you weren't successful, it's a lovely app!
Published on 17 Mar. 2013 by kay prior

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not download
This app froze during download. Despite my best efforts, it went into a loop and kept telling me to clear data via settings.. I did this but the data was clearly being held in I CLOUD. No matter what I did I could not get it to reinstall so ended up deleting it completely. This was using a KINDLE FIRE. I will have to 're purchase if I want to try again and for now....I...
Published on 25 Dec. 2012 by ChrissyM

‹ Previous | 147 48 49104 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Birds, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
Great info with the advantage of good bird song and images. Excellent App for any Bird lover, casual or otherwise. Would definitely recommend :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 69p I've ever spent!, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
Just got my Kindle Fire and so pleased with it. Even more delighted now I've found this bird app. It shows you the wonderful life-enhancing features of I.T. at its best. I love the information and the call sound is so good it made my ears crackle just like they do listening to sparrows in the garden. I was almost disappointed with the lack of large images until I spotted the button in the top right corner. And woopee - full-screen, full-colour close-ups. Fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice app, 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
Love the bird sound option and the possibility of seeing lots of different photos of the bird. Really helps with identification.

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
I love this - it has useful information about different birds, I like being able to listen to what they sound like - although I would like more information - I would like to have greater detail on plumage, young birds etc. It has helped me identify a few birds.
My other critisim is that the photo's are not always very clear,.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, my cat loves it!, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
I wanted to recognise the sounds of different birds in and around my garden. I knew it would be great when my cat showed a very keen interest as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds of Britain App, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
The bird calls are clearly recorded and species clearly described. Very good for an outdoors person who is not a professional birdwatcher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
I haven't left a comment before,but after reading some of the negative reviews I felt that I should. The app took less than five minutes to install on my Kindle Fire,and opened straight away. The pages are easy to navigate,and the pictures can be enlarged by pressing the word "image", which brings up photographs of the bird from different angles. The birdsong is clear and the descriptions good. My husband is impressed, and that takes some doing!

4.0 out of 5 stars birds of britain for kindle, 5 Sept. 2013
J. hyland - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
This book has limited selection but the call noise is an added plus to what you get in a regular book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comprehensive and interesting, 3 Sept. 2013
IanW (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
240 birds, listed by name or family, with comprehensive descriptions, size, distribution and migration habits. This is backed up by high quality images, and recordings of their songs. I don't know how a "birder" would rate it but, for a casual user like me, it's a really comprehensive and interesting app that I would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comprehensive, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
This is better than a book. You get different pics of each bird and - not possible in a book - the birdsong.
It is also a comprehensive list and I've used it to distinguish between sets of similar birds. Excellent app for all who are interested in birds.

‹ Previous | 147 48 49104 | Next ›