5.0 out of 5 stars We use it all the time!
We use it mainly for chopping onions and takes about 4 seconds to chop it! Took a little bit of practise, you have to kind of Shake it (while still flat on the counter) to make sure it chops it all and isn't just puréeing all the bits at the bottom, but we have found this is the case with all mini choppers.
Had cheaper ones with a plastic bowl which broke...
Published 14 months ago by Sabrina star

Published 6 days ago by A. Whiteman

5.0 out of 5 stars We use it all the time!, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
Had cheaper ones with a plastic bowl which broke after a few months and the plastic would end up smelling really nasty. LOVE the fact this has the glass bowl, and it was the main reason we purchase it.
The blade comes out for easy cleaning, and also comes with a lid.
Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly before use and you will find it works like a dream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire mini chopper, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
For simplicity and efficiency this product meets all my requirements at a very reasonable price.
Having had the previous model I was well aware of its capabilities and would have no hesitation in recommending this version.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... chopper that takes up minimal space and is incredibly easy to clean, 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
This is an excellent-value chopper that takes up minimal space and is incredibly easy to clean. It's a great alternative to getting a larger machine out for small tasks such as chopping onions, making pesto etc.

It's not too noisy (especially as you're using it in short blasts). It also comes with a storage lid, which is useful if you want to prepare ingredients in advance.

I only have two tiny niggles with it that have cost it the full five stars.

Firstly, it's not ideal - as others have noted here - if you only want to chop a few tiny bits of pieces (garlic cloves, chillies, herbs etc). But it WILL happily deal with those smaller items within a bigger 'chop' - so if you're making a sauce etc, put the bigger items (eg onions) in first and the smaller items second: all will blend well after that.

Secondly, you can't simply lift the lid in one motion to add further ingredients; you have to remove the black motor bit first and lay that somewhere, then lift the lid to add extra items. It's not a deal-breaker, but can be annoying if you're in a hurry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely device, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
Ohh we both love this machine, by far the best purchase from Amazon so far.
chops and dices vegetables very quickly enabling us to use more vegetables and cook more dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, 27 Mar. 2014
Nadine A. Sorzano (T&T) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
I see people complaining that is to small and can't hold what they want but to me this gadget is making things easier for me in the kitchen, I have used it 3 times this week and only received it on Tuesday!!! I totally recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gadget, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
What an amazing little gadget. Every kitchen should have one. Chops onions finely. Glass so perfect for chopping nuts. Would highly recommend. Fab price too

5.0 out of 5 stars A compact processor., 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
It is very good at making vegetable soup. It will also accept 6 ounces of flour with 3 of butter for pastry making.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little gadget, 6 April 2014
Muhammad Anwar (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
I have just bought this mini chopper to replace the same model which lasted nearly four years after almost daily use. The reason I bought the same model again was its size and ease of use. It is excellent for small jobs but not big enough to prepare the food for more than a couple of people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made from cheap plastic, stops working after a few goes, absolutely worthless, 1 July 2015
A. Whiteman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
This was a nice piece of kit when I first bought it but after a few uses the blade suddenly stopped turning around. I took it apart to see if I could fix it and saw that it is run by a couple of cogs made out of very soft plastic. So, the teeth of the cogs simply wear off after a few goes. It says "Made in China" so I should have known better. I will be buying another Moulinex. The one I already have in my holiday home has lasted over five years and gets used a lot. Russel Hobbs should know better than trying to pass off junk like this for the sake of saving a few cents on proper materials.

(I bought this in Abu Dhabi and maybe the version they sell there comes from a different manufacturer, but that's still no excuse for supplying such a piece of junk).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 July 2013
Mr. J. Coe (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
Absolutely ideal for whizzing up sauces, bread crumbs as well as chopping onions. The real benefit over our old jug type machine is that its dishwasher safe and doesn't have any impossible to clean grooves that end up getting dirty no matter how hard you try to keep them clean. Highly recommended.

Russell Hobbs 18558 Desire Mini Chopper