on 12 May 2014
We use it mainly for chopping onions and takes about 4 seconds to chop it! Took a little bit of practise, you have to kind of Shake it (while still flat on the counter) to make sure it chops it all and isn't just puréeing all the bits at the bottom, but we have found this is the case with all mini choppers.
Had cheaper ones with a plastic bowl which broke after a few months and the plastic would end up smelling really nasty. LOVE the fact this has the glass bowl, and it was the main reason we purchase it.
The blade comes out for easy cleaning, and also comes with a lid.
Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly before use and you will find it works like a dream!
0Comment83 of 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
This is an excellent-value chopper that takes up minimal space and is incredibly easy to clean. It's a great alternative to getting a larger machine out for small tasks such as chopping onions, making pesto etc.

It's not too noisy (especially as you're using it in short blasts). It also comes with a storage lid, which is useful if you want to prepare ingredients in advance.

I only have two tiny niggles with it that have cost it the full five stars.

Firstly, it's not ideal - as others have noted here - if you only want to chop a few tiny bits of pieces (garlic cloves, chillies, herbs etc). But it WILL happily deal with those smaller items within a bigger 'chop' - so if you're making a sauce etc, put the bigger items (eg onions) in first and the smaller items second: all will blend well after that.

Secondly, you can't simply lift the lid in one motion to add further ingredients; you have to remove the black motor bit first and lay that somewhere, then lift the lid to add extra items. It's not a deal-breaker, but can be annoying if you're in a hurry!
0Comment42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2016
Wow is this a great addition to my kitchen! I'm not really all that keen on gadgets but I'm doing a lot more scratch cooking and this is a very useful kitchen gadget indeed. Egg salad, mayonnaise and other salad dressings, peppers and tomatoes for salsa, onions for caramelising, fruit or meat pie fillings - I've had it for nearly a week and every day I find something new to use it for. Last night I even used it to quick chop some apples for applesauce to go with stuffed pork chops.

The concise but comprehensive instruction book comes with a few recipes in addition to assembly, cleaning, and use guidance (English language only). Some of the use guidance is plain common sense but there are a few things there I wouldn't have thought of so I'm glad I read that booklet cover-to-cover before trying to use the mini-chopper.

The blades are very easy to seat onto the spring load spindle permanently fixed to the glass bowl and are VERY sharp - easy to clean with a dish brush. The glass bowl is brilliant - also easy to clean with the dish brush, and heavy enough to keep the chopper when assembled sturdy on the worktop - no skittering across the way my plastic mixing bowls have done when using the hand mixer.

In my opinion this is an unbeatable value for a truly helpful kitchen gadget. I wasn't looking for something so fancy as to have come with a drizzle hole, or to mash things to a pulpy pureed condition, just something to take up the work of chopping all the veg, fruit, and meat I'm using more of in the kitchen these days since my husband was found to be coeliac. To be clear - I do have to cut up whatever I'm putting in the chopper bowl but not to the extent I was having to dice by hand before, the chopper takes those chunks and with just a few pulses dices everything to the perfect cooking size.
on 15 March 2014
Ohh we both love this machine, by far the best purchase from Amazon so far.
chops and dices vegetables very quickly enabling us to use more vegetables and cook more dishes.
on 30 March 2014
What an amazing little gadget. Every kitchen should have one. Chops onions finely. Glass so perfect for chopping nuts. Would highly recommend. Fab price too
on 3 May 2014
For simplicity and efficiency this product meets all my requirements at a very reasonable price.
Having had the previous model I was well aware of its capabilities and would have no hesitation in recommending this version.
0Comment35 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2014
I have just bought this mini chopper to replace the same model which lasted nearly four years after almost daily use. The reason I bought the same model again was its size and ease of use. It is excellent for small jobs but not big enough to prepare the food for more than a couple of people.
on 1 December 2014
It is very good at making vegetable soup. It will also accept 6 ounces of flour with 3 of butter for pastry making.
on 23 August 2015
I really bought this thinking I'd waste my money as I already have a food processor/ Wrong! Just the right size for an onion, a slice of bread, pepper etc. Easy washing up and takes up little space.
on 27 March 2014
I see people complaining that is to small and can't hold what they want but to me this gadget is making things easier for me in the kitchen, I have used it 3 times this week and only received it on Tuesday!!! I totally recommend it!!