5.0 out of 5 stars How very cleverly written!
I LOVE Sophie Kinsella, I have enjoyed all of her books and laugh at each one I read.

I was so eager to get my hands on this new novel however I felt a bit anxious as I had read mixed reviews with some negative reaction to the use of footnotes.

Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by FLB

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and Boring
I am about 2 thirds of the way through this book which I got for my birthday and I am so disappointed with it and I am struggling to get to the end. I have read all of SKs books and loved the Shopaholic series (apart from the mini shopaholic which wasn't really about the mini Becky at all). However I had to give it a try to see if SK had maintained her old spark...
Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by Bracken

5.0 out of 5 stars How very cleverly written!, 19 Feb. 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)

Well I got the book on Friday and finished it on Saturday, like every other Sophie Kinsella novel I was gripped and couldn't wait to pick it up again when I had to stop reading for a while...(to cook tea for my children for instance.....not that I begrudge them their tea - but really, when I am in the middle of a good book!!?)

I really liked the character Poppy, she was funny, dizzy but intelligent with a high emotional quotient and she doesn't give up. I thought the story line was really clever, the use of text conversations were great fun and I really liked the addition of footnotes.....they were funny and fitted in with the story very astutely.

I loved it, I laughed out loud several times and read the whole book smiling - now that is worth paying for!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Catalogue of Hilarity., 16 Feb. 2012
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Poppy Wyatt is a 29 year old intelligent girl with a respected career and a clutch of close girlfriends. Catapaulted into a high-profile relationship with the erudite son, (Magnus), of an academic family, Poppy finds herself humiliated by the intellectual snobbery.The circumstances she finds herself in reveal her wits and guile to overcome her predicament. The synopsis of a lost engagement ring,( a family heirloom), a lost mobile phone, the finding of another in a litter bin (Sam enters the scene), provide Sophie Kinsella with a wealth of material for a tale full of humour, wit and observation of human nature. The scrabble game is fantastic.

This is a frenetic front to back read. I would have slowed it down if possible(purely for personal enjoyment reasons), but the plot is so fast-paced. Some may say there is a predictability but the acutely descriptive portrayal of life's dilemmas makes the whole flow. There are sharp corners taken with a tale and further character development around each one. The dialogue is so full of momentum. It is a cleverly crafted novel full of enterprise and laughter with all expected from the writer. Thoroughly enjoyed and recommended. I read the Kindle edition. I did not feel the footnotes a problem. In fact found them an addition to the book's character at the end of the chapters.
No spoilers. None needed. The narrative unravels without further detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Kinsella cracker !, 27 Feb. 2012
Eagerly anticipated this latest Sophie Kinsella did not disappoint. Poppy is a fabulous character and her concern for everyone makes this story so easy to relate to. Great book, easy to read, loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and Boring, 22 Jan. 2013

To start with the footnotes are so annoying that after the first couple of pages I gave up reading them. They brought nothing to the book and I thought they were a waste of time. The second thing are the characters. I really didn't care about any of them at all. Poppy describes Sam as kind and caring - as of 2 thirds of the way through he hasn't shown this side so far, he ignores all his e mails to his staff and is downright rude to everyone, I cannot see what the attraction is at all! I find Poppys character irritating and quite frankly dishonest to everyone and I feel like I want to shake her and shout - tell the truth! Poppy is whizzing round trying to sort Sams business dramas out - not a very believeable storyline when she is supposed to be getting married in a few days! Surely if she is getting married she should be sorting her wedding out seeing as the wedding planner isn't. Poppy just seems a total door mat and I find this really frustrating. Also where are her best friends in all this drama? They are not mentioned much so far, does this girl not have girlie chats with her best friends before her wedding? As for the fiance Magnus and his parents, they just bore me silly to the point I kept forgetting who Antony and Wanda were and why Antony was famous (still can't remember that one)!

I just feel like SK seems to re write the same book but with different characters and a slightly changed storyline. Several have had the endearing scatty but 'save the day' female who ends up with the clever handsome man who owns their own company and falls for said female as he suddenly sees what an asset she is to him as she, as I said, 'saves the day'! Maybe as some readers have commented its an age thing and I have grown out of SKs books which is a shame as she used to be the top of my book list but no longer. I will carry on plodding through but I am 99.9% sure of what the ending will be, although I don't mind predictable endings, I do like there to be some substance in the middle.

I only didn't want to give this book 1 star review because I can't say I hated it but I can definately say so far, I don't like it. If for some miraculous reason this changes by the time I have finished the book I will re-score.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've Got Your Number, 12 May 2012
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I don't read many adult novels at all - I pick and choose the odd ones that I fancy - but I will always read anything Sophie Kinsella writes. I think she's absolutely hilarious and very easy to read, and I've Got Your Number is no exception. I laughed, I gasped, I urged the characters to do things they so obviously needed to. You could say I was a little bit invested in their fictional lives!

Of all Kinsella's standalone novels, I've only read The Undomestic Goddess (I do have the others waiting, though). I've read all the Shopaholic series and love those, and am really glad that I've Got Your Number was worth the wait. Once again there are embarrassing moments you can't even imagine happening to you, realistic characters and quite an unusual premise. Kinsella does tend to think outside the box when it comes to her standalone novels and I really like that.

I've Got Your Number starts when Poppy Wyatt loses her engagement ring and then her beloved mobile phone. She finds a discarded one in a bin, and soon realises that it's connected to businessman Sam Roxton [insert swoon here]. There's plenty of texts and emails sent back and forth and each person helps the other in some way. It's a fast-moving story that incorporates Poppy's girly world with Sam's strictly business one, and it works.

I enjoy Sophie Kinsella's books because of her down to earth characters, realism and humour. Although certain events probably wouldn't happen to any of us, they *could*, and that's what I relate to. Kinsella also always fleshes out every single character in her books, even people who don't make many appearances. Wanda (Poppy's fiancee's mother) was one of my favourites from I've Got Your Number, and I would have liked to have seen more of her. She made me laugh!

I would highly recommend I've Got Your Number, and all of Sophie Kinsella's other books, to anyone who enjoys titles by Carole Matthews or Sarra Manning. I'm no expert when it comes to adult chick-lit fiction, but those are similar authors I've enjoyed and read as much as possible. Sometimes a good, funny book is all you need in life, and Sophie Kinsella can provide just that. I already can't wait for her next book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 15 April 2012
S. Shamma "Suad" (Abu Dhabi, UAE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Paperback)
So this was a very amusing and entertaining book. Not the best, nor the worst.

Both Poppy and Sam were good, solid protagonists. I loved their interactions, especially via texting and emails. I could definitely relate to that sort of relationship budding in that particular method (who wouldn't in this day and age?)

It was hilarious at parts, I definitely laughed out loud a few times, but then there were moments where I just found myself skimming through the pages because it was all so predictable.

Magnus (what kind of name is Magnus?) was such a pain, he was very obviously a jerk that I couldn't understand how she didn't see it. There was absolutely no chemistry, romance or any affection between the two of them that I was just left a little weirded out by their relationship and why she accepted his proposal in the first place. His parents were even bigger obnoxious, pompous jerks, and that whole confrontation at the end with his mother and Poppy seemed a little ridiculous, because personally, I did not buy the fact that they actually liked her but were annoyed with their son's actions. The fact that Sophie Kinsella made it seem like it was all in her head was silly, because let's face it...it wasn't.

I love the fact that Poppy's favourite ice cream was Magnum White, because it is mine as well.

And I love the slow progression of Poppy and Sam's relationship and how it all wrapped up in the end.

All in all, a good entertaining read. Just don't expect too much.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 8 April 2012
The Little Bookworm "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
Sophie Kinsella is the author who first got me into reading. I loved her first Shopaholic books and she became an author whose books I had to pre-order. That all changed with the publication of 'Twenties Girl'. I couldn't get on with that book at all. So thinking that this might have been a blip considering it was a stand alone novel, I got my hands on her next Shopaholic book, 'Mini Shopaholic.' Oh no. What has happened? I was quite resolute about the fact that I wasn't going to buy her next one.

Anyway, I saw 'I've got your number' in a shop, less than half price and I was sucked in! This is another stand alone novel and features the story of Poppy Wyatt. Poppy has got engaged and loses her engagement ring. She also finds a phone in a bin and the story begins from there.

Kinsella has once again created a character that most of us can relate to. Panics and blows things out of all proportion. Does things which she thinks are right at the time and then realises they couldn't be any more wrong! I really liked Poppy and thought some of the things she did were hilarious. I really liked how the relationship between her and Sam built up.

A few niggles with the book. Firstly, I really struggled to overcome the name 'Magnus'. It's just awful and does not conjure up the image that Kinsella wanted to create. Also, I found the storyline flimsy. The relationship was built up awfully quickly. It just wasnt't believable - if you can suspend any notion of reality then you may get on with this!

My main issue with the book though was the awful, awful footnotes. So distracting, not funny and pointless. I stopped reading them after a while. They don't work Sophie - please don't use them again!

This is better than her last couple of offerings, but no-where near the standards of her first books. Oh how I long for her to be back to the dizzy heights of those days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious English wit and romance - fun fun fun!, 1 Nov. 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I just love Sophie Kinsella, her writing skills are just divine. Her stories come to life off the page and all her characters in this book jump out and engage with the reader. I love Sam (well who wouldn't) and I love Poppys outlook, I love the way she wants everyone to be happy and the texting scenes had me in stitches along with a few other comical moments. I love laugh out loud books and even that embarressed feeling you get when you have just laughed loudly into the quiet and then can't wipe the smirk off your face as you try to read on, Sophie delivers those moments in glorious form and that and her great storylines make her books so effortless to read and totally unputdownable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Perfection, 23 Feb. 2012
realovesbooks (South east London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I've Got Your Number (Hardcover)
I am a huge Sophie Kinsella fan and I have read all of her previous books ( as I am sure many of you who follow this blog have to!), so you can imagine how excited I was when I came home from work last week to a copy of I've Got Your Number which my partner had brought me.

Our main character in this book is the lovely Poppy who I loved from the first chapter as she had a very soft and loving feel to her character but also had a great sense of humour which I found similar to Kinsella's previous character Becky. Poppy's relationship with our leading man Sam was great to red as they slowly get to know each other under an unusual circumstance.
The book was a real page turner and was such an entertaining light read. I have always found myself chuckling away whilst reading all of Sophie Kinsella's books but I found the humour slightly different in this book, as funny scenarios came from nowhere and so were unexpected and it was also very down to earth humour, with some of the things I could see myself doing including the whole scrabble chapter!

This has to be one of my favourite Sophie Kinsella books. It really is going to be a big seller among chick lit fans. With two great main characters, an easy reading yet unlikely storyline and a bucket full of humour, not forgetting that little splash of romance what more can you ask for? Pure Perfection

4.0 out of 5 stars Footnotes aside it's fab, 13 Mar. 2012
Can't say I've ever been compelled to write a review before but for Sophie I'll make an exception. I've read five of her books in a row now, and, as someone who's never been inclined toward chic-lit that's a compliment!

Her writing is very refreshing and I highly recommend for a book that will have you smiling to yourself; identifying with a scary amount of her observations; and all the while balancing with a happy yet somewhat realistic ending. There seems to be a trend in literature at the moment that readers want brutal honesty and 'guess the ending' or 'make up your own ending' finishes. I HATE these books. If I want honesty I'll read a newspaper, if I want to make up the ending I'll write my own book! I also don't want to put a book down feeling depressed or that it rivals a Disney happy ending.

Fussy? Moi?

ALL of Sophie's books, this one included, give me a warm fuzzy feeling with a good dose of humour and realism.

Just one piece of constructive critism to the author - ok there's nothing constructive about it - I HATE the footnotes, I read these in the first chapter and then totally blanked them. Nothing but irritating. Nice try ... please put it down to experience Soph and don't make it your MO.