on 26 July 2012
I bought one of these last week after comparing all the usual makes. This one comes with so much more on board than I will ever use such as photo viewer, movie and music player, hands free phoning, radio etc
I just wanted an easy to use gps with good voice choice and larger clear screen.
Then theres the price , this is at least half the price of a tom tom which I am familiar with as my son has one.
This comes from China and is unbranded but came in a nice box with lots of extras such as a sunshade, soft bag, gadget to fix it to your air outlet as well as the suction cup type. It seems solid and well built and nicely designed.
the manual that came with it doesnt go into much detail, but i had fun practising and finding out how to use it before i got it in the car. It does a great fly to animation of your journey.
The English voices that come with it are UK, aussie and US English accents, and lots more to choose from too, male and female.
It comes ready loaded with the latest all of Europe and UK, igo and a password so that you can upload new maps for free for ever. As its windows based I was advised to go for the bluetooth model as I use Apple mac and was only a couple of pounds extra. The points of interest are good as are the speed warnings and limits, the lane changing with overhead gantry motorway signs, cameras and fuel stations, I couldnt ask for anything more. Just the job.
5252 comments399 of 405 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2012
Though I am loathed to try and use an Amazon review to make a political point (and more be it that I am not even that much of a political person) I can't help but wonder if we realise quite how much we westerners are being ripped off for electronic goods.

I have been doing my research for a while, and when asking the same question of people I knew - much like those asking for a Coke when they want a cola - the results of which sat-nav to get were all the same "TomTom" or "Garmin", the two leading brand names.

A quick search on Amazon tells you that for anything decent, you're in for the best part of £100-£150. And then I stumbled on the advert for this.

I, like many I suspect, read the views and took the view that £50 was a calculable gamble to take, and I ordered it. A couple of weeks later, much as described in an earlier review, an unbranded box arrived all the way from China/Hong Kong/the middle of nowhere.

Now I have owned a Sat Nav previously - a TomTom - and I have to say, this put its to absolute shame and makes me wonder what on earth is going on with this world and the consumerism therein.

For a 3rd of the price, I have now in my possession not only the best sat nav I have ever owned (with Europe-wide maps and a wonderful touch of even showing me accurate depictions of buildings as I drive past - which can be wonderfully distracting so keep your eyes on the road!) but perhaps most surprisingly, a superior MP3 player, video player (handling most video types), book e-reader, FM radio and it even has a very basic version of Windows. I'm not ashamed to say it, but my £400 iPad is starting to look a little redundant.

In short, this is an absolutely fantastic piece of kit and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sat nav.
33 comments197 of 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2013
This item is very good, especially at a price of under £50. Has full post cost search and on-line updating (not tried to yet). Comes with mains and car chargers and all brackets. Easy and intuitive to use.
0Comment50 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
this sat nav is by far the best especially with the price you pay, it took me a little while to get my way around it but got there in the end! it has loads of features on it including pictures, music, movies an even ebooks! defiantly worth the price an highly recommend
0Comment105 of 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2013
Had an old Navman unit that required a £39.99 upgrade for European maps. Decided to go for this as it's through amazon so could send back and was £42 anyway. Only had use of the sat nav menu first, and tested it on known routes and I see no difference from the £100 units on the market with brand names. Yes the maps are a bit "clunky" but all the detail and spoken instructions are spot on, and lets be fair that's all you really need on a sat nav. My unit has no slider to change the backlight intensity which is a bit frustrating on a bright sunny day, but just angle it down a bit and you're away. As previously mentioned in earlier reviews the instructions are limited but with a bit of practice you get the hang of the unit. Not used all the other functions yet ( movie player / music / internet ) but based on the performance of the navigation I can't see that will be a problem. Put it this way Garmin and Tom Tom units with comparable functions just on the navigation are 3 times as much let alone all the other bits this unit has. Be aware it took three weeks to arrive but with home charger and car charger included in the price just get one.

2nd September 2013.
Recently used the above product to travel through Belgium to Germany and then back through france. I'm now even more happy with the purchase as it behaved impeccably , re-routing when needed and also being extremely practical as we used the pedestrian feature in unfamiliar towns. Never ever buy Tom tom etc when for £85 less than the same specification you can have this.
11 comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2014
I ordered this as I am going to Holland and needed an updated sat nav, like many others when I got it it was set up for UK only but a quick email got this VERY quick response:

Please power on the Sat Nav and there should be a main screen with many icons.
Please scroll down using the touchscreen to the next page of icons and there should be an icon named "Nav File Path" or “Sat Nav File Path" icon.

Please click into this icon, and then browse the maps folder for IGO.exe Please direct the navigation path to IGO.exe and then please reset the GPS.

Please power on and enter the Navigation main setting and enter a Europe Address.
There should be an option to select the countries and maps and then enter a valid Europe address.

The maps should automatically switch to the Europe Maps and then please set this to default.

I did this and all works perfectly, amazing how they do it for the price and puts the usual suspects to shame, it is in effect a small windows computer and comes with many handy extras too.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because you do have to tweak a bit yourself, but for the money it is top notch
on 15 June 2013
I am not going to repeat what reviewers have said about this product. What I will say is that I based my decision to buy this product on what I read. I am glad I did. Had a TomTom prior to this and it doesn't compare. Even stripping out all the add ons such as movie, music, fm radio etc etc it would still be a bargain. Big clear screen. Solid suction pad and arm to hold in place whilst traveling. Took me 30 mins messing around with it to get failure with the functions, didn't need the instruction manual, but then I am a man. Fast delivery. All for half the price of the well known brands. Get it.
0Comment33 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2012
It is £50 what more do you want? I think touch global may think this as well! it navigates and has loads of extra features, mainly for me, the headphone socket. you will not get anything like this in the good old "rip off britain" shops here. But I have knocked it a bit for not having the update code or bluetooth function, I found it under the windows icon but on contacting the supplier I was told it would not run it, to add insult to injury I was asked not to contact them again!! obviously I WILL be in touch for the code. If I get the brush off again, if anyone does have this mysterious code would they post it here please. In all, a good bit of kit, let down by the backup and dealing with someone thousands of miles away. They really should have a UK based point of contact.
1212 comments68 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
I drive for a living and for the last 10 years used various sat navs, some being a few hundred quid. I have used a combination of my smartphone and a £100+ Tom Tom for the last year but after just over a year my tom tom died, not great value. I then decided to get a new one and stumbled across this. Its amazing, the screen is huge, the clarity is crystal, the speed it performs at is lightening fast, the amount of features within the sat nap is impressive, also very customisable, it does everything perfectly, even though i had full postcodes on my Tom Toms, they were wrong a heck of a lot of the times, this one hasn't failed me yet.anyhow, this one seems so accurate, its been faultless and i have battered it for the last month. also it can amazingly play music, videos and display photos, i haven't tried these features yet it as i dont need but as a sat nav its worth ten times the price. don't hesitate, its blown my previous sat navs out of the water in all areas. just buy it (took a while to arrive though, about 2 1/2 weeks)
on 29 September 2012
This Navigation unit is such great value for money, I have been using various navigation systems for over 10 years, infact I used to install the big systems in cars way before there was portable units, anyway,..this unbranded unit works superbly, easy to use, easy to set-up, clear voice commands (you can even select various ones, male/female) if you take a wrong turn re-routes very quickly to get you back on track to your journey. It comes with a car charger and a mains charger, the screen size is very comfortable for me to view. It cal alert you for speed cameras ahead also alerts you if you are going over the speed limit for the road you are on. It is very compact/slim and light, I would highly recomend this navigation unit, especially due to its low cost and it great performance. there is no need to purchase the expensive named brand units that are on the market such as TOM TOM and Garman when a Navigation unit like this is so much cheaper and works just as good!
11 comment81 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse