4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Piece Of Kit
Though I am loathed to try and use an Amazon review to make a political point (and more be it that I am not even that much of a political person) I can't help but wonder if we realise quite how much we westerners are being ripped off for electronic goods.

Published 21 months ago by David Levy

3.0 out of 5 stars l.e.s
It is 50 what more do you want? I think touch global may think this as well! it navigates and has loads of extra features, mainly for me, the headphone socket. you will not get anything like this in the good old "rip off britain" shops here. But I have knocked it a bit for not having the update code or bluetooth function, I found it under the windows icon but on...
Published 21 months ago by c.a.r

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Piece Of Kit, 27 Oct 2012
David Levy "DavidJamesLevy" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.0 Touch Screen WinCE 6.0 GPS Navigator w/ FM/TF/Europe Map (4GB)+British Standard (Electronics)

I have been doing my research for a while, and when asking the same question of people I knew - much like those asking for a Coke when they want a cola - the results of which sat-nav to get were all the same "TomTom" or "Garmin", the two leading brand names.

A quick search on Amazon tells you that for anything decent, you're in for the best part of 100-150. And then I stumbled on the advert for this.

I, like many I suspect, read the views and took the view that 50 was a calculable gamble to take, and I ordered it. A couple of weeks later, much as described in an earlier review, an unbranded box arrived all the way from China/Hong Kong/the middle of nowhere.

Now I have owned a Sat Nav previously - a TomTom - and I have to say, this put its to absolute shame and makes me wonder what on earth is going on with this world and the consumerism therein.

For a 3rd of the price, I have now in my possession not only the best sat nav I have ever owned (with Europe-wide maps and a wonderful touch of even showing me accurate depictions of buildings as I drive past - which can be wonderfully distracting so keep your eyes on the road!) but perhaps most surprisingly, a superior MP3 player, video player (handling most video types), book e-reader, FM radio and it even has a very basic version of Windows. I'm not ashamed to say it, but my 400 iPad is starting to look a little redundant.

In short, this is an absolutely fantastic piece of kit and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sat nav.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic sat nav, 26 July 2012
Mrs. Ea Hodge "superbins" (Midlands U.K) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these last week after comparing all the usual makes. This one comes with so much more on board than I will ever use such as photo viewer, movie and music player, hands free phoning, radio etc
I just wanted an easy to use gps with good voice choice and larger clear screen.
Then theres the price , this is at least half the price of a tom tom which I am familiar with as my son has one.
This comes from China and is unbranded but came in a nice box with lots of extras such as a sunshade, soft bag, gadget to fix it to your air outlet as well as the suction cup type. It seems solid and well built and nicely designed.
the manual that came with it doesnt go into much detail, but i had fun practising and finding out how to use it before i got it in the car. It does a great fly to animation of your journey.
The English voices that come with it are UK, aussie and US English accents, and lots more to choose from too, male and female.
It comes ready loaded with the latest all of Europe and UK, igo and a password so that you can upload new maps for free for ever. As its windows based I was advised to go for the bluetooth model as I use Apple mac and was only a couple of pounds extra. The points of interest are good as are the speed warnings and limits, the lane changing with overhead gantry motorway signs, cameras and fuel stations, I couldnt ask for anything more. Just the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money Sat Nav, 10 Jan 2013
Purchased this as a replacement from my TomTom, which gave up the ghost.
As I use Sat Navs on an acassional basis I was not concerned with spending over the odds on an all singing and dancing high end system. The reviews of the cheap TomTom and Garmin systems were not exactly glowing so I stumbled upon this.
I was resigned to waiting a month for this to arrive from Asia, having read the reviews and seeing the estimated delivery date from Amazon, but in fact I only had to wait a couple of weeks.
On arrival I opened the box and everything was in the box as descibed. One minor gripe was that the mains plug adaptor provided was very flimsy and broke quickly, but I never intend on charging this in the home.
On first use the sound was very quiet and I was unable to hear the instructions. Having seen other people mention this I thought I was going to struggle. When I got home I ignored the very poor instruction manual, poorly translated, and went through each of the menus in turn. For semi-tech savvy people the system is easy to navigate and I quickly had very loud instructions coming out of the system.
For the price this system is excellent. The guidance function works well, the screen is clear and accurate. Slight down sides are the in ability to search by full postcode, lack of estimated arrival time and a tinny sound to the navigation. For sub 50 quid I am happy to over look these issues and enjoy what I have for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 20 Sep 2012
this sat nav is by far the best especially with the price you pay, it took me a little while to get my way around it but got there in the end! it has loads of features on it including pictures, music, movies an even ebooks! defiantly worth the price an highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly priced SatNav, 11 Jan 2013
This item is very good, especially at a price of under 50. Has full post cost search and on-line updating (not tried to yet). Comes with mains and car chargers and all brackets. Easy and intuitive to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 23 July 2013
I used this sat nav for the first time in Spain, never had any problems or got lost. My friend was so impressed with it he bought one as soon as he got home to England. I haven't yet used it to play music or photos, but there's plenty of time to fiddle about with all that later. A really excellent gadget and priced way below the competition. It only took six days from China.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 15 Jun 2013
PaQ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I am not going to repeat what reviewers have said about this product. What I will say is that I based my decision to buy this product on what I read. I am glad I did. Had a TomTom prior to this and it doesn't compare. Even stripping out all the add ons such as movie, music, fm radio etc etc it would still be a bargain. Big clear screen. Solid suction pad and arm to hold in place whilst traveling. Took me 30 mins messing around with it to get failure with the functions, didn't need the instruction manual, but then I am a man. Fast delivery. All for half the price of the well known brands. Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sat nav, 10 Oct 2012
ordered this after reading various reviews about the bigger brands and decided to risk it. It arrived in about 5 days and so far i'm really impressed. Build quality is really good, all the connectors that you need are included (suction holder for windscreen, USB, car charger and mains charger). Ive not tested it on a long run but up to now it is working no worries. it takes a micro SD card if you want to do pics videos music etc and it has an FM radio function too (but this has to be played through earphones - i assume it uses them as an aerial too). Also for any geeks you can access windows CE as one of the features. not sure what that opens up in terms of software etc but it is not dummied down like branded sat navs if you want to mess around with it. resolution is reasonable and sufficient but its not amazing. but hey its 50 so im not complaining! Still got lots to explore on it so will update if i find any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Value Navigation System., 29 Sep 2012
This Navigation unit is such great value for money, I have been using various navigation systems for over 10 years, infact I used to install the big systems in cars way before there was portable units, anyway,..this unbranded unit works superbly, easy to use, easy to set-up, clear voice commands (you can even select various ones, male/female) if you take a wrong turn re-routes very quickly to get you back on track to your journey. It comes with a car charger and a mains charger, the screen size is very comfortable for me to view. It cal alert you for speed cameras ahead also alerts you if you are going over the speed limit for the road you are on. It is very compact/slim and light, I would highly recomend this navigation unit, especially due to its low cost and it great performance. there is no need to purchase the expensive named brand units that are on the market such as TOM TOM and Garman when a Navigation unit like this is so much cheaper and works just as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sat-nav, 27 July 2013
Bought this for my daughter, who could get lost at the end of her street, and we have found it an amazing little device. Read all of the reviews and could have been put off purchase by some of the more negative comments, for example, cannot input postcode, cannot change voice, volume too low, doe's not recalculate route if deviated from. I don't know what device these customers purchased, but ours will do all these things and more! The device took 2 weeks 4 days to arrive from China, in perfect condition, as had been well wrapped. The small handbook that comes with the device is useless for the satnav app, but explains well the functionality of the device, which in reality is a small windows powered tablet. The secret to understanding the satnav app is to download the 92 page manual from IGO. This fully explains the satnav functionality and shows what a fully featured app this is, especially as it is about half the price of a 'named' satnav. All in all, this appears to be a great purchase at a very reasonable price, would recommend this satnav to anyone.

34.98