on 4 November 2013
It works as it should do, the quality is very good, not a lot more I can say about this, good stuff
on 11 July 2014
Some of these keep falling apart. I've broken 2 out of 10 in only a week. I don't like giving bad reviews but in this case I think it's worth warning future buyers that these may not be the bargain they seem to be.
on 6 March 2015
To be perfectly honest - this is a good product.

Its cheap and does what it needs to do.

At only a couple of pence any minor niggles at the quality of the product can be forgiven.

Build quality is decent (albeit slightly cheap) and sound quality is fine too.

I also experienced some discolouration on the "bronze" styled adapter to - not too important but noticeable, nonetheless!

One major issue - it is going to take a long time to arrive (I had forgotten I had even ordered it when it arrived a month after purchase)

Over all - good little gadgets!

Overall, decent for the price - not a luxury product obviously - but at this price it's almost risk-free.
on 11 April 2015
The company delivered on time, but the product was of a low quality.

I bought 4 adapters, 3 of them show minor issues and one already feels like its on the way out.

Whilst the connection they make is currently good. The 3.5mm socket end is an issue. All of them require the operator to insert the plug at an angle and when fully inserted the plug is still 10 degrees out form the line of the leeds.

One out of 4 of the adapters makes a very poor grip on the 3.5mm plug compared to the others which speaks of manufacture irregularities.

Basically, whilst they work for now, I'm not convinced this will be the case after they see use in the studio, and I want gear that I can trust.
on 22 January 2016
It took a long time to come, towards the end of the suggested arrival window by Amazon (which was about two weeks after being ordered as it was.) So if you need it quickly, look elsewhere.

I ordered two of these and one seems to work fine with decent enough quality audio, but the first time I used the second, it fell apart instantly. You can't really complain for the price, but if you want a sturdier product that doesn't fall apart on use, I would go elsewhere. But if you're willing to chance it then if it does hold together than you have a decent enough connector (if it holds together.)
on 27 October 2014
First off, it arrived on time which I was happy with.

However, upon taking it out I was highly disappointed with the overall quality.
It feels very plastic and terrible build quality, I plugged in my cable into it, and I will admit the record quality is really good. HOWEVER, it has no latch (for lack of a better word) so the cable comes straight out with no resistance.

This would be a problem for anyone I would imagine, and I managed to later buy a Splitter which a bunch of adapters at my local shop for £1 which has the same record quality but it has no problems.

Overall, I really would not advise anyone to buy this, just spend a little bit more on a decent enough product and don't be fooled by looks like I was.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2014
Works, but all bass and low end disappears when using this adapter.Horrible sound quality. Not even worth 42p. Don't buy it.
on 19 January 2014
My 1970,s Ultra Record Player still going strong but one speaker has now failed. So when I saw this Headphone Adapter for well under £2 with P&P I thought this will take my 3.5mm jack for an Active Sub Woofer and speakers and be by far the cheapest and easiest solution. And so it was. The adapter works fine and I am now back with full stereo. Can thoroughly recommend especially at the price.
on 3 November 2013
cheap to buy but the quality is second to none. still use them often and have not shown any signs of failing me yet
Like another reviewer I was confused at the picture showing two items - you receive one. Quality appears fine and it works well converting a small stereo jack to 1/4" stereo standard. It arrives from China (not clear in the description), so allow a couple of weeks for delivery - if you want an adaptor quickly then buy elsewhere. At price, no worries.

See one answered question