on 9 November 2013
I have recently had notions of becoming a 'let's play' uploader and was on the lookout for a cheap entry level video game capture device to get my feet wet. The EzGamer fits the bill and then some.

Ordering was straightforward. The EzGamer was despatched quickly and arrived intact with all it's necessary bits and pieces. It was relatively easy to set up and get running and if you need some instruction the FAQ sheet supplied is very helpful. The bundled software is perfectly adequate but you can use other programs, like Windows Movie Maker or CamStudio with it and they'll work perfectly.

It only records in standard definition but if you want to experiment with video capture and are looking to get started, you can't really go wrong with this.
on 1 October 2014
My 10 year old son got this up and running, on his own, within 10 minutes of opening this, so it is easy to set up. He says it works brilliantly and uses it to record videos of his gaming to post to you tube
on 20 June 2013
A brilliant product, definetely recommend it go and buy now.I've uploaded a couple of videos to youtube and have a small audience its brilliant if youre starting out as a youtube gamer ps im only 13 aswell!
on 8 January 2013
The setup is quite hard to understand through the instructions given, but after i got a little bit of help from the customer service at EzCAP, i understood it straight away, its great, records gameplay and mic at same time which is great! Really good for your price!
on 21 November 2013
Excellent, got it for my grandson, he is very pleased with it. Found it easy to use and he's never off it
on 4 January 2016
There are a lot of expensive capture devices out there and it's good to know there is one for those on a budget. I also received this within 2 days of ordering.

Obviously this doesn't include hdmi but for those like me who are streaming older consoles it's turned out perfect. This is capable of capturing off PS3 and Xbox 360, which has the ability to use composite and s video cables which this device requires. If you buy a female scart to composite / s video cable too then it'll save buying new wires if you have relied like i have on scart cables for your consoles. The device comes with one set of cable for composite (note if you want it directing to your TV too you need to buy another cable, and possibly a composite to scart adapter for your TV) and three splitters which is actually all you need for playing off your computer. I personally stream direct into OBS software for online streaming, but the software provided is good enough for playing and recording on your own. I personally find hooking up a hdmi from computer to tv better than splitting the signal, so for some people you really wouldn't need anything else.

I currently have the capability to stream off of sega saturn and dreamcast, N64 gamecube and wii, xbox 360 and Ps2/3 and I believe a wii U will work too. Plug in and play devices will also work so if you've ever been given mega drive collections or arcade sets with AA batteries these will also work through the device. Presumably older consoles like NES SNES SMS and MD work too, and I'll be trying that in future.

When you purchase you will have the ability to go on their forums for help and support, and in the vast majority of cases they are genuinely able to help. If you want to stream and you were wondering whether this device is capable I can confirm it can, and I suffer no input lag like some capture devices seem to have. I have a thread in the forum which explains my process of getting the ezcap to work in OBS for twitch, and you can see examples of me streaming by checking out 'Mikebloke' account on that site.

Overall, while the most dedicated player probably needs to hunt old cables and buy a few new ones, it'll still be cheaper than many alternatives, as long as you don't want to use it on PS4 or X box 1.
on 12 March 2014
About 4 days ago this product was given a 1 star review by me. I feel that it was mainly because I was getting confused and not being sure how to set it up. And plus the fact that it doesn't come with a scart cable which you have to buy yourself if you don't have one. But having said all this once you get past this and figure everything out then actually it works really well and I am really happy with it! I can finally record game-play which is all I have wanted to do! And the quality is pretty good as well. For the price you are paying it is worth it!
on 23 May 2013
Bought this from their website. Great little device. Had for over 6 months and never missed a beat.

It works flawlessly on my iMac. I use with a PS2, Wii and an Xbox 360. Make sure you join the forum as there are plenty of good "how to" videos.
on 16 August 2012
i bought this to record gameplay and other saved film from games that i couldn't put out without paying for a service. it's really easy to setup and the problems i hit were in the faq's and easily sorted. within 30 minutes i had done a test recording. I will stress this isn't a hd device and you do have to play games in sd. but for the price it's a nice bit of kit.
on 15 March 2015
I've recently started doing random videos on YouTube that involve gaming and found the ezcap to be very useful and great for its money.
Its also easy to setup. The actual quality of the video isn't too bad and can be enhanced in the included editing software.
Please go ahead and check out some of my videos that show off the Ezcaps features.
YouTube : Haziam