5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of BRILLIANT!
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Cathy Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my type of book
Is was good writing and although I read it to the end I found it unbelievable what was happening, perhaps it wasn't my type of book.
Published 18 months ago by A. Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of BRILLIANT!, 22 Jun 2012
Cathy Hudson (Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
I had heard so much about Wishbone in previous weeks that when Ms Hudson made it free for one day, I snatched it up and let it linger on my Kindle for a few days before I decided to see what all the hype was about. I was hooked from the first page. However, rather than being a page turner, I was reluctant to let this book finish too soon. I was eager to savour each twist of the story. The depth of the characters is awe inspiring and Brooklyn Hudson manages to put the reader perfectly in each scene. You understand the complex personalities and the sometimes strained relationship between Julien and Rachel right from the beginning. However, as the story progresses and the couple experience several pitfalls the reader can't help but empathise separately with each half of the partnership.

The main bulk of the story was pretty magical and reminded me of many fairy tales I had read as a child. I loved the imagination and surrealism of having a real life wishbone. However, as with all things mystical, Julien and Rachel find that having their heart's desire is not all it's cracked up to be. I did find myself shouting (inside my head, of course!) at the characters and the sometimes completely inane choices they made.

All in all, I couldn't give this book any less than 5 stars. I couldn't fault it. I enjoyed it immensely and I wish Brooklyn Hudson all the success that she so obviously deserves with this masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars A creepy, old school psychological horror., 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
This is the story of Julien and Rachael. A couple with a seemingly perfect life (albeit Julien is battling with some childhood demons). This is brought to a crashing halt on their 9th wedding anniversary when Rachael is brutally attacked and raped and loses their unborn baby. Becoming emotionally unstable, Rachael is in dire need of help. Julien in desperation decides a move to the country might be beneficial. He finds a beautiful mansion and they make the move to the mountains. All seems to be going well and Rachael even seems back to normal until Julien starts to have strange accidents and Rachael begins to change. In a bid to find out what is going on - well that's when their troubles REALLY begin.

This was phenomenal. It was page turning old school psychological horror that gripped me from page one and had some seriously creepy moments! Julien and Rachael are awesome together, taken in by the 'game' never realising the truth, and the horror behind it. The different scenarios and obstacles they encountered had me turning page after page to find out exactly what was going on. Despite their initial greed, when secrets were revealed and tides turned, I had tears in my eyes whilst holding my breath hoping it would all work out. I recommend this for old school fans and genre readers alike - it is page turning horror and not for the faint hearted. I can even see this being optioned for the big screen!

5.0 out of 5 stars wishbone, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
if this book is not made into a film there is no justice in the literary world. i loved it. 100percent pure literary pleasure. read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare to wish?, 26 Jan 2013
Superb! This book would make an excellent film. I warmed to the characters straight away and felt drawn in as the forces of evil enveloped their lives. It was gripping, chilling, enchanting and I had no idea how it would end. Credit goes to the author for her beautiful writing technique and a great story. Looking forward to the sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling!, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
I seriously could not put this book down. I reccomend it to everyone I know. It is simply fantastic.

A couple suffer a traumatic incident and move to the country to rebuild their lives. After a couple of slightly spooky coincidences, they realize that powerful magic is at work in their new house. Exploiting it brings them everything they could ever wish for (quite literally), but at what price!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
Kept me in suspense from page one. Well written, brings everything to life. Lose yourself in this book.
Will look out for more books by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book can't wait for the second one! Its not usually my kind of book but so glad i read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read for a long time, 10 April 2013
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
I agree with all the reviews. This book is excellent. Not my normal type of reading but I just couldn't put it down. It was one of those books that you don't want to end as you are enjoying it so much. I'll have to give it a few days before I start reading another - this is a hard act to follow!

4.0 out of 5 stars Can you trust anyone?, 5 April 2013
Red (Doncaster) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
I read this story on kindle very recently and I have to say that the characters from the start and throughout are very solid, they are believable and you feel for each one. There are moments of violence in this story which are very real and really gets your heart pumping!

I thought that between the violence and heated up moments of the story, the characters lingered a little, worrying about their thoughts and their past, and for me it slowed down the pace of the story - I wished there was more violence quicker, but I am used to reading shorter stories.

I loved how near the end, even after everything the characters had been through, I was in their minds, worried about whether he could trust his wife, or whether she could trust him. There are many dark twists and turns in this story that will leave you biting your nails down to the quick with worry about how it will end!

All in all, a fantastic story with paranormal and supernatural influences and great twists that keep you glued to the pages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For (Kindle Edition)
Loved it well worth a read

WISHBONE: ...Be Careful What You WISH For