5.0 out of 5 stars Good ole soul, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
Wow, I didn't think this was still possible. I spent one of my very formative years just a few miles from Detroit, way back when CKLW played all the soul music I wanted. In later years soul has been distorted by all kinds od popular music, and now here comes this guy from Holland (well, originally from Suriname) and does the soul like anyone from old Motown.
I'm sitting here in front of my CD player and am just feeling like back then sitting listening to my transistor playing good ole CKLW. Boy oh boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing for Change, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
This is a delightful first album for the singer, Clarence Milton Bekker. He is one of the main singers in the lovely group of people who make up Playing for Change, a movement to bring peace and love through music. Clarence has true soul and and seeing him perform live in the videos of the Playing for Change songs is very moving. His album takes a lighter tone, however, and while I very much enjoy listening to it, I think I prefer listening to his more gutsy singing on the Playing for Change songs. However, this album will appeal to a large range of people and I look forward to his next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul - Clarence Milton Bekker, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
A well put together cd by this very talented singer. My only criticism is that I would have loved to hear more slow songs from him but even without these a fantastic collection by a fantastic artiste.

Old Soul