4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!
An excellent read, grabs you from the start and makes you want to carry on reading. Yes there are plot holes, but its sci-fi not reality and they don't interfere with your pleasure.

Give it a go, I don't think you'll regret it...

Looking forward to more books from Mr Thomas.
Published on 17 April 2012 by Mr. M. Allan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if I'll bother finishing it.
I even read the sample of this so let that be a lesson. I bought it as a beach read for my holiday. It is true that most reviewers only bother when something is bad and that is why I'm here. This book is appalling.
Published 16 months ago by Brett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if I'll bother finishing it., 12 April 2013
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
The premise is rubbish. Eg. A spaceship the size of several countries goes un noticed till it reaches Mars? An alien race powerful enough to have created it has technology just a bit better in battle than human beings a shortish distance into the future?
The book lumbers on from one seemingly unwinnable battle to the next with the heroes somehow scraping through. Then there is a load of contrived BS about the platoon being hard done to in the ongoing fight by the incompetent Generals.. yawn..
As I read the sample I thought. .ok duff plot but maybe ok for the beach. Maybe it will develop and get going. It doesn't. If you like the sample I suggest you just read that five times and that will just about do it.
I've not yet finished it and I feel angry and mugged. So I came here in the hope I could save some one else the trouble. Don't bother with this book. No. Really! Don't!

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining!, 17 April 2012
Mr. M. Allan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)

Give it a go, I don't think you'll regret it...

Looking forward to more books from Mr Thomas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality reading, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Avoid these books entirely unless you are under 13 and just getting started in this genre, the writing is clumsy, cliched, cringeworthy in the main and is chock full of utterly ridiculous one liners. I would quote a couple of examples but I really don't want to even skim read back through the first book. Bottom line is that either the author is translating this from another language which might explain the stilted and unbelievably bad portrayal of the main characters, or these are really popular with younger readers which seems more likely.

5.0 out of 5 stars frightening, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
This book shows how vulnerable we are as a species. Well thought through, great characters. nice open ending. Great read

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gutsy read, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
As an ex squaddie the action was excellent and flowing and not far fetched like many sci fi stories.
I recommend this series of books

5.0 out of 5 stars Action, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
A series of books 1 to 4 that keep your concentration with good characters to enjoy and see where they go

3.0 out of 5 stars Pedestrian, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
A bit too long-winded in its approach - very jingoistic in places. Won't stop me buying the other trilogies though!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, great action. great escapism, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Loved it, plenty of action, if slightly greater than life characters playing the heroes, so what. Fun read, well recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots okay, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
It's quite good military Sci Fi. Not brilliantly written but quite exciting. Sort of book that will keep you amused on a train journey. Don't spend much on it and it's worth it. I might even read the next trilogy but the again I might not.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 29 Nov 2013
steve b (wolverhampton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle Earth: The First Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Nice and easy reading. Good characters. Flowed well and never got boring. Will definitely have to get the whole series

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›