5.0 out of 5 stars Great seat - Confused whether to get a Cabriofix or Pebble?
Very happy with this.

The Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix and Pebble are practically interchangeable and it is not clear which model you should buy. Maxi-Cosi's website doesn't really help. Anyway from my research here is what you need to know:

1) The Cabriofix is an older design and the Pebble only came out a couple of years ago
2) The Cabriofix is...
Published 22 months ago by PT

3.0 out of 5 stars Safe but covering picks up fluff!!
If you have OCD get a different material finish as Matt black picks up fluff from clothes and blankets and drives me crazy!
Published 11 months ago by Jay T

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seat - Confused whether to get a Cabriofix or Pebble?, 13 Jun. 2013
PT - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Group 0+ Baby Car Seat (Total Black) 2014 Range (Baby Product)
Very happy with this.

2) The Cabriofix is lighter
3) The Cabriofix has a higher safety rating but it is only marginal
4) The Pebble has a more cosy more enclosed shape
5) The Pebble's harness is easily to undo as it has spring loaded
6) Both have wedges to support new-borns
7) Both fit the Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Car Seat Base
8) Both have an integrated cover
9) Any pushchair which are compatible with the Cabriofix will also be compatible with the Pebble

So there is not much difference between the two and the main reason I went for the Cabriofix is because it is the lighter of the two.

Other things to note:
- This is delivered in Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging. What does this mean? Well it means the manufacturer (Maxi-Cosi in this case) has packaged the seat in the factory within an Amazon box. That way you don't have the usual glossy box but then you are saving the Earth by reducing packaging.
- The price varies by colour. For example, check out the Intense Red design
- You don't have to buy the FamilyFix but it does make life so much easier
- The instruction manual is not very detailed. It is hidden away in the secret storage compartment at the back of the seat
- There is a hidden sun cover tucked away in the rim of the seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxi Cosi - Cabriofix Infant Car Seat, 2 Sept. 2008
Pompom (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We bought this car seat as it had the highest recommendation from 'Which?'. It has worked very well - it's easy to fit with the base (purchased separately) and my baby seems very comfortable in it. It comes with an integral sunshade and the covers are removable for washing. Not alot else to say - it does what it is meant to!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS SEAT, 23 July 2011
Bought this seat to go with our Quinny Buzz 3 - fab seat, easy to use, looks great - love the sunshade and daughter loves going in the car, so we figure it must be as comfy as it looks!!! If you can stretch to it buy the isofix base - makes life so much easier and quicker!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best baby car seat you can buy for stage 0+, 10 Jun. 2014
A. Hamilton - See all my reviews
We have used the Cabriofix carseat for both children, and have been completely happy with the product.
Coupled with the Easyfix base for Isofix mountings, this lightweight car seat is a real pleasure to use.

Not only did it score extremely highly from the Which? testings, it has some neat features that make day to day use trouble free.

- Very lightweight, which you appreciate all the more when the baby gets to nearly a year old.
- Simple to install. One click to put the seat in place and have secured is a boon when you can be constantly putting it in and out of the car all day.
- A sun canopy which is good for both the car (even with tinted windows), or when you have the baby asleep in the seat outside the car.
- Being able to quickly clean the cover in the washing machine is extremely helpful - some other makes only allow spot cleaning, which isn't ideal.

I can't really think of a negative point for this seat, and would have no hesitation in strongly recommending to anyone wanting an early stage baby carrier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, safe, and comfy, 17 Feb. 2010
We did quite a lot of research into car seats before buying this one, over the one that fitted our Mamas & Papas pram to make a travel system. Why? Well mainly the bad press about the upright nature of the Mamas & Papas car seats, as well as the award-winning safety features of this seat. And has it proved to be a good purchase? Most definitely. Easy to use with the Easyfix car base (highly recommended), it's sturdy and safe, and my daughter appears to be comfy in it - in fact she usually sleeps when in it! Not too heavy to carry at the moment, while she's still small. I've surprisingly needed to use the integrated sunshade over winter too, very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best car seat there is!, 7 May 2011
S. Bingham (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I had absoloutely no knowledge about car seats and what was the 'best' on the market before having my baby. People recommended all different kinds and after consulting Which magazine I decided to go for the Maxi Cosi.

I am more than happy with it's performance so far. It is a cosy-looking seat as the head hugger- suitable for younger babies and is removed once the baby gets too big for it- moulds nicely around my baby's head and makes her feel as though she is still being held.

It isn't a car seat which makes the baby look all hunched up and so I am not concerned about having her travel in it for up to 3 hours. my baby seems very happy with it too.

It's very practical as it's easy to get in and out of the car so easy in fact that it often doesn't wake my baby if I lift the car seat out whilst she's still asleep which is obviously a huge bonus if you're trying to just nip around the supermarket etc.

The fastening is very easy to use, you don't have to fiddle around with getting arms and legs through loops and things, it is very straight forward and eay to use.

It comes with a sun sheild which easy locks away which is also useful to pull up to shelter the baby if it's raining and you need to carry the seat from the house down the driveway to the car/across supermarket carpark etc.
It is also compatable with many sets of wheels so you can transfer the car seat onto wheels without having to mess the baby around- again another bonus if the baby is asleep.

I am yet to find any disadvantages of this car seat, even the price is reasonable compared to other products on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Car Seat, 10 Feb. 2010
we bought this as it was one of the only car seats which fitted onto our bugaboo chassis and it was highly recommended from 'Which?'.
We needed 2 bases for our cars - easyfix and isofix versions both bases have indicators which show green when this seat has been correctly fitted into them removing all doubt of an incorrect fit and it can also be fitted with just the seat belt option.
It comes with an integral sunshade located at the back which can be a bit fiddly to tuck back into the slot after use and a small compartment in the back of the seat which i use to store the rain cover.
Handle has 3 positions and is easy to move backwards using the 2 side push in buttons.
All in all a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more instant screaming, 3 Feb. 2015
I bought this as my son would scream every time we put him in another brand of carseat which we owned. He had reflux and the car seat we were using had more of a raised back than this one, and we wondered if that was the reason. In the end we went for the Maxi Cosi as it has a more reclined back, and is quite wide - I assume this is so it can be used for longer. The first time we put him in was amazing, he sat comfortably and the signature scream disappeared... I was relieved! Yes he does cry in it at times, but it is a different cry - boredom, tiredness etc, as opposed to I hate this, get me out of here!

We found this easy to fit, its sturdy and has sufficient padding. I have washed the cover and they went back on just fine and retained their shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 17 Jan. 2014
i have to say this is one of the best things i have bought for my baby, i cant recommend it enought, very good quailty cleans very well and got great use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic car seat., 13 Nov. 2013
Really lightweight, fantastic design and fabric. Great choice and you can get matching cosytoes. The pictures really don't do the car seat justice. Would recommend to anyone.