5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, compact, lightweight
I didn't realise that these are quite so small as they are, but I was comparing them in the original picture on Amazon to my mother's old, chunky binoculars that were no longer usable and were very heavy and bulky. However, on unpacking the new Nikon it was apparent how solidly manufactured the item is and how nicely it fits in the hand. And there is a ten-year guarantee,...
Published on 2 May 2013 by Michael D

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned it
Heavy so not for me I need some thing much lighter no problems with the Binoculars very good as always thank you
Published on 31 May 2013 by Mr. P. W. Morris

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Nikon Sportstar EX 10x25 DCF Binoculars (London 2012 Olympics Edition) (Electronics)
This is my third binocular and first roof prism binocular, so I was a bit afraid with the quality.
Pros:
Solid build quality. Very compact size which is comfortable for carrying everywhere. Very sharp and bright image, I can even see things that I can barely see with naked eyes during the night. Original nikon carrying bag included. Coated screen, nitrogen filled and water proof which is perfect for general purpose use. One of my previous porro prism big binocular got fog inside which is so bad that I can't use it anymore. So I decided to buy a water resistant and fog free binocular. But these properties usually cost a bit more money.

Cons:
A tripod mound could be very helpful for a 10X magnification which is missing. Couldn't find anything else other than this.
All other general disadvantages with a higher X magnitude i.e. smaller field of view, handshakes.

Comment:
You will certainly love this binocular with the viewing quality. The original model cost almost thrice of this price which makes this a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bins!, 8 May 2013
I was a previous owner of a Steiner safari 10x26, I sold them as I was never happy with the colour production it was icy cold blue.

After reading 70 reviews I was confident that these bins will not let me down.

Amazon great service, binoculars arrived in 2 days despite opting for the free delivery so thanks.

Now in to the binoculars, out of the box they felt well built with a soft touch to the gripping area ( great Start )

Optics what a surprise for £38 binoculars, it took me couple of minutes to adjust my eyes and get comfortable.
They were bright and sharp enough with a good FOV
the image get softer right at the edge.
Colours were accurate and very much true to life.
The focuser was smooth and fast.
Even though I always take my Bushnell legend ultra HD 10x42 with me on holiday this Nikon will be for sure coming with me to Cyprus

Great binoculars and would definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, 16 Mar. 2013
Purchased these bins so that I wouldn't have to lug my trusty Swift Audubons around when fishing and walking the dog. What amazes me is the quality of them for £30! If you can live with the very small Olympic logo then you have a pair of bins with crystal clear optics and a nice quality case and strap. If you can't, then consider the fact that they should cost well in excess of £100. I didn't think that a compact pair of bins would suit me for birding-trust me, they are fantastic! I would consider buying another pair as a back-up in case these don't last but I don't need to. I'm confident these will last!
Brilliant service and the best buy off Amazon I've ever had!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 23 Mar. 2013
Amazon Customer (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have just ordered my second pair of these. I've had several pairs of small binoculars (many costing much more than these) and these are by far the best.
Optics are excellent. The image is lovely, bright and clear with chromatic aberration (colour fringing) and distortion hardly noticeable.
The focus control is smooth, firm enough to prevent accidental movement and free enough to make critical adjustments easy. And I've never had a pair of bins that can focus quite so close.
The strap is much higher quality than I've seen on similar priced bins but for me I think a cord type strap would have been more appropriate but that is easily rectified!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Binoculars, 18 Jan. 2013
I needed a pair of binoculars for when I go horse racing and initially bought a pair of Praktica 8x21 compact bins for £10 and guess what ...you get what you pay for !!! However I was fortunate enough to break these bins so I looked for a replacement pair, when I saw the Nikon ones I was at first sceptical about the original price (£159)but as they were only £29 I thought that I would give them a go - WOW they are superb, using them last week at Wetherby Races it was as if I was sat on the horses they were that clear and gave a clean crisp image. If you need a cheap pair of excellent compact binoculars then look no further

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOK no far-ther (literally and physically)!, 2 Nov. 2013
i have Nikon bins the Standard size ones ATBs, their Big brothers bought in America.
and it's 2-5 times regular price dearer than this Compacts! i like their 10x rather than their 8x because i want to look the farther object much nearer. i know all these compromise between 10x and 8x especially the Field of View and the light gathering effect of lower magnifications vs. the higher. their ATBs are very good but i sold them because the only reason is they are too big for me to carry all day.

so i search (Amazon UK) on same brand Nikon but for the small (compact) ones. and came across this London 2012 Olympics Edition Sportstar EX 10 X 25. at first i'm hesitant to buy but because of the Low price (it's because of Olympics logo) that time and the good reviews i'm reading, i gave in.

wow! i am not disappointed. very clear and light, small enough to carry in my jacket pocket!
you will not even know the difference between the big ATBs on a good daylight except the smaller view on this Compacts. i used carabiner instead of the shoulder straps that came with it. this bins suit my needs. great! for the price no need to buy their bigger and heavier brothers personally especially if you're not into serious birding!

i bought 3 units of this binoculars. at 3 different times.
and at 3 different prices i.e. £25, £38, and £40. good price!
now, look at the price... £63! cheapest!? OMG!!
it's starting to go back to its original price of £80+++ [for No Olympics logo].

but anyways for the value and portability without compromising Clarity.. easy 5 stars!
look no farther and or further here.
cheers!

NB: for the Olympics logo, i can live with it.
i just put nice Stickers on top of it, and logo gone?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear sharp view from a very compact unit., 6 May 2013
A. McQuade - See all my reviews
These binoculars hide a surprising high performance in a conveniently compact package.

If you find your current full size binoculars are just too bulky to carry around and are more likely to stay at home in their case rather than see the light of day, have a good 8x pair but are wanting for 10x, or if you are looking for your first pair, then give these a go.

They can be put in your bag and forgotten about until you need them, the size no more bulky than a water bottle or large compact camera, the full size when in its case is about 12cm long, about 9cm wide and only about 7cm thick at its bulkiest point where the flap closes. Closed, the binoculars strap can come out of the sides at the top of the case allowing it to be whipped off and stuffed in a pocket while the binoculars stay round your neck ready for use.

The eye caps are a touch fiddly to get off but will stay on when you don't want them to come off, which is would rather have than the other way round. They are just under 3 and a half cm wide, and are independent of each other so I would advise putting them straight in the case to avoid loss.

The right eyepiece has a thin ring type diopter so you can easily get the lenses mached to your vision. The twist-out eyecups are a dream too, my girlfriend had glasses and with only 1/8th of a twist the binocs are ready for her to use with her eyewear.

So on to my main reason for recommending these - I had a problem with my previous main binoculars (Nikon 8x40 Action), in that although I am embarrassed to say it, I have a bit of a big nose. Not huge, not massive by any means, but large enough to mean that I could not arch the bridge of the bins close enough to bring the two image circles as close to each other as I would have liked and indeed required without having to hold the eyecups further away from my face, allowing in more distracting light at the sides. But with the Sportstar, with its thinner barrels answer seemingly larger exit pupil(?) allow me to get the two images right over each other without having to hold them miles from my eyes.

So, that combined with the increased magnification make these my go-to binoculars, which is lucky, because they are always with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good value, 4 April 2013
Very highly recommended - you wouldn't normally get anything near this quality for £30.

They are high quality - they feel really solid, have a great clear image, good focus control, nice padded case. The light and field of view are good for compact binoculars, particularly bearing in mind the 10x magnification.

I bought them as back-up binoculars (my main 10x42 pair is also Nikon), but they are surprisingly good for compacts, and I have been taking them everywhere with me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of Binoculars, 11 Oct. 2012
Great pair of binoculars for a very reasonable price. Crisp image through the binoculars and easy to use.
So good have bought a second pair as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Binoculars, 22 Jan. 2013
These binoculars are an amazing bargain at just £29, very sharp with a real quality feel. They are just the right weight and size for use while hiking with a firm rubbery grip, the waterproofing and anti-fogging being ideal for the British climate. The case and strap are well made and smart - for 3 times this price I wouldn't hesitate recommending them, you won't be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›