5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS X54C Laptop
My HP Pavilion 6000 had finally died and I could not resurrect it.
After much head scratching and reading of numerous reviews I finally settled on this computer.
Ordered from Amazon on Thursday 30 August and received it the following Wednesday, in Spain! Hows that for service.
Published on 13 Sept. 2012 by Grandad747

1.0 out of 5 stars ASUS
Published on 13 April 2013 by DOGLOVER

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS X54C Laptop, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: ASUS X54C 15.6 inch laptop (Intel Core i3 2350M 2.3GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSMDL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
My HP Pavilion 6000 had finally died and I could not resurrect it.
The overall quality is good, the case feels rigid and the keyboard is excellent with a good touch feel. One thing that I don't particularly like is the position of the touch pad as it is central to the main keyboard but offset left to the unit centre. However, you do get used to it. The touch pad itself is a bit quirky, having to use two fingers to emulate the usual scroll function. One useful function is the ability to zoom in/out, a bit like the phone and tablets. A separate mouse may be useful. I like the numbers keys to the right hand side because I am used to having it on my desktop machine.
The screen is very crisp and bright. Much better than my previous machine. WiFi found and installed my Stylus 435W easily.
There are various versions of this machine, mine has one USB 3 and one USB 2 port. I have no problem with this as I have a 4 port splitter if I need more ports, usually two is plenty. It has a VGA port and a HDMI port as well as a standard RJ45 for wired internet. USB 2 and DVD tray are on the right side. There is no activity light on the DVD. The webcam works well but as yet I haven't tried it on skype or Windows Live.
The battery pack slides into the rear of the unit and takes up the whole of the rear space. This has meant that the power input socket has been placed centrally on the left side, making it somewhat awkward as the plug has a right angle orientation.
I cannot fault the performance of this machine, it is very fast and the graphics are superb. A large hard drive means plenty of space for photos and music (compared with 120GB I had before). A well deserved 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asus X54C review, 24 May 2012
P Boyd - See all my reviews
I chose this notebook after much research for the best specification at reasonable cost and this gives second generation Core i3, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 750GB HDD and HDMI connectivity. I also bought a 5 metre HDMI cable so can now stream the internet and photos to the tv in high quality. Spent a few hours customising the notebook but I didn't find this a chore. Picture quality is good, as is the keyboard and build quality. This is my first notebook so I cannot compare it with any other make but I have no complaints. On updating the audio driver an error message appeared which doesn't seem to have any adverse effect. Technical help have so far been unable to supply an answer but I don't think this is a reason not to give the notebook a positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS X54C, 3 Nov. 2012
Excellent buy. I am a bit of a techno phobe as I am in my 50s, but have found it easy to operate and responds very quickly. The battery life is not long, but I do not use it outside home. Have found that the easy operation has encouraged me to explore the internet more. Would recommend this computer as a good buy. Bought through Amazon and delivered within 48 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2014
Stephen John Garnett (Spain) - See all my reviews
Great Product quick and efficiently dispatched

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop, 21 Sept. 2012
My son help me to purchase this laptop, thanks to him now I have a brilliant machine, very clear and fast. I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars ASUS, 13 April 2013
This Asus laptop had a good specification in principle but it turned out to be ex display and or returned stock. Both these Asus laptops that I received had problems with the wireless connection. I did contact the manufacturer who advised me but the end result was a totally crashed machine, which Asus wanted to be returned to them. I now have a Sony which looks similar but has not given any problems.