on 20 July 2012
I have been using this backpack every day for a month now and it ticks all my boxes. It is very comfortable due to the padding, a great useful size (either at it's smaller capacity or unzipped to its maximum size), and the stretchy bungee cord on the front allows you to make it even more compact. Also I can run in it with it buckles on securely and it doesn't jiggle about. I have had many many backpacks in my time but this has already become my favourite, and if anything should happen to it I will not hesitate buying another. The only thing I would change is the front vertical pocket as it is a little fiddly to get in and out of - but it's not a problem, just something that could be improved. Well done Berghaus.
on 8 January 2013
Good backpack, big enough to carry something iPad or netbook-sized but no bigger. On the outside there's a bungee cord and zip pocket, a clip for an LED light and somewhere to keep a walking pole. The pocket is useful for getting to something without opening the pack, although putting anything under the bungee cord will get in the way of the opening. On the left shoulder strap there's a mesh pocket which is a bit narrow for a phone but large enough for a few gel packs, for example. The waist strap is thin and short - I've removed this completely as it's not really that useful for a pack this size. There's a zip that runs around the sides and bottom of the pack to add 50% to the capacity - this bag really does swallow stuff.

Inside there are 2 smaller pockets which are an ideal size for a phone or camera, a loop for keys, plus a larger velcroed pocket. These are all halfway down the pack so if it's too full they'll be harder to access. There's also a pocket against the back for a hydration pack (Platypus-shaped) with an H20 exit hole at the top + a loop on the right shoulder strap to hook the nozzle.

There's a decent amount of back padding without being too over the top - some packs are quite heavy because they overdo this but this one is nice and light, but it does mean if you put an irregularly-shaped object in the pack you start to feel it. Unfortunately no rain cover is included with this pack too, which is a bit of a problem because most of the 3rd party covers you can buy are for much bigger packs.

This pack is great quality and very practical and is highly recommended for cycling, running or maybe for carry-on luggage. The lack of a raincover is a pain and it would be useful to have a mesh pocket on the side to carry a bottle of water, but these are minor niggles.
It's no secret I love Berghaus kit, I have several pairs of boots, jackets, backpacks etc. by Berghaus and I have never been disappointed with the longevity, design or functionality of a Berghaus product I have chosen to spend my money on to keep me comfortable, dry and safe when out playing in the wilds of Scotland.

Now this gorgeous backpack I purchased in the Infinity Green/Empire Yell colour choice and WoW! the first thought I had when I opened the big Amazon box it arrived in was "It's fun!" and the colour choice I made blew me away. My hubby was in the room when I opened it and he actually said "I want that" and I said "It's mine!" I'm not joking, he wanted me to buy him one too even though he had a larger one, in an awesome red by Berghaus that I bought him for Christmas last year. He's not getting his hands on this one, its mine, period.

I'm a hill-walker, climber and also a passionate amateur photographer and this backpack ticks ALL my boxes! It's a perfect size for girls (looked a bit small on my husband's back but there again he is a lot bigger than me). When I tried it on, it was so comfortable! The shoulder straps being wide enough, without being too wide. I tried it on with a tiny little strappy top on so my arms, back, neck etc. were bare and NO rubbing at all. I LOVE the shape, multi-compartments inside to hold my brew kit, camera kit, purse, iPhone, survival knife, emergency survival kit, etc. etc. Its so roomy! Its size is deceiving, its like a tardis in there.

Berghaus have thought of everything, I cam even attach my walking pole and the pocket on the left strap will hold my small maglite.

This would also be ideal for carry-on luggage for flying and also for college students but I feel it wouldn't be getting best use for what it was designed for with that. Take this out hiking, walking, climbing, it won't let you down.

I examine things I buy with a fine tooth comb, checking for flaws, bad stitching etc. (yes, I can be anal with things like that, but I like perfect when I am spending my money) and this backpack inside and out is indeed perfect. Not a flaw could be found. Berghaus quality once again which is why I spend with this brand time and time again.

But the colour! wow! I love it, its funky, fun and totally delightful.

10/10 awesome!
on 27 October 2013
I chose this bag after reading other reviews about it and I wasn't disappointed. I was looking for a bag that was comfy to carry and would hold various articles sufficient for a day walk. Based on previous reviews I bought 2 - one each for my husband and I. We can carry enough to be 'ready' for the changeable weather we often experience - umbrellas, hats, gloves, cameras (my husband can carry a full size DSLR camera easily with the extra +4) etc. Yesterday we got caught out in a short downpour and (unlike us) everything in our bags remained dry.
on 2 December 2012
This bag is very much suited for active users & its amazing strong & resilient! Walked in the rain for almost 6 hiurs and was amazed that my iPad & iPhone survived although it was a bit damp. Its not fully waterproof but it did the job. Recommended fir quick hikes or just to go anywhere (for me, I use it to school).
on 25 May 2013
Great rucksack very comfortable to carry and a good size I would definitely recommend this bag as its great quality.
on 8 April 2015
this has been a great bag, but has started getting black spots on the bottom which i cant remove.
on 7 April 2014
The picture shows a red object but the actual bag is pink. I ordered it and had to return it.
on 4 December 2012
The Rucsac Arrived looked great
But its soooooooooooooooooooo small
The waist strap on the Rucsac is way to small
Any guys forget it unless your a very small waist it will not go around you
Im sending it back straight away Friday Morning
Waste of time ordering this item
If your a very small skinny guy or lady it will be fine

On the + side it looks great
But if it does not fit what use is it
on 18 January 2013
Only used this bag once so far. I tried a freeflow 20L bag but found it to be too restrictive due to the long length but fairly small opening. This bag appears to have as much useable space and that is without being expanded. Usual Berghaus quality but I have not really tested it yet.