5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Loudly Brilliant.
Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S Advance
Published on 9 Jun. 2012 by numpty1

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Loudly Brilliant., 16 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S Advance Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is by far the best smartphone I have owned (and I have had an HTC One X and Xperia S, previously). This has a nice screen size for web browsing and reading emails etc, without being too big to fit in just about any pocket. It has a very premium feel and is very comfortable to hold, unlike some phones I could mention (Xperia S). The camera is by far and away the best camera on a smartphone I have used. It may only be 5MP but the quality of the photos are much better than any other phone I have owned (HTC One X, SE Arc, HTC Desire), although to be fair the XPERIA S camera was also very good. I regularly make prints to A4 size and the images are equal to most point and shoot compacts I have used. I no longer need to carry both a compact camera and a phone: the S Advance will do both jobs well.
When turning on wifi it connects to my router within a few seconds, unlike the HTC One X which took about thirty seconds or more.
GPS lock is less than a minute, unlike the HTC One X which took about two minutes at best. This is probably due to the S Advance supporting both GPS and GLONASS systems.
My only criticism of this phone is that it is stuck on Android 2.3.6 for now, although I have seen a report on GSMArena.com that Samsung have officially stated that it will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean before the end of this year (2012).
This is an excellent phone, Samsung surely do make exceedingly good Androids.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung, 10 May 2013
Excellent phone, very responsive and loads of functions and very good specs. I have looked at loads of phones and I chose this because - samsung is reliable, specs are good enough for what I need the phone for, love the android apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one, 27 Feb. 2013
Good battery life, good screen, I'm happy! It did come set up for an Eastern european country, as were the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value Phone on the market, 13 Jan. 2013
This phone is just brilliant, very large internal storage not to mention hd recording, a dual core processor and many other great features built in to the phone, personally I just enjoy the crispness of the screen and how it affects everything you do, texting is amazing, no drawbacks at all, perfects size screen too, would definitely recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars samsung galaxy s, 6 Dec. 2012
well pleased with it everything was as advertised
i am sure the boy will be very happy on christmas
day

3.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S Advance, 9 Jun. 2012
Not really had it long enough to give a full review, but appears to be good - albeit it not as good as it could be. Being a new user to Android and touch phones (ok I'm behind the times) I'm still getting the hang of it and constantly finding new things. On the plus side the large screen makes for much easier use and viewing with texts and maps, etc. The menus are easy to navigate once you find out where you want to be. All in all, it does the job, BUT it does have a couple of downsides - the main one being the power on/off key being located on the upper right side of the case - the natural position of your thumb when using it as a phone - ie too easy to terminate a call accidently. When holding it to text or navigate the menus - the power switch is again under a finger. Definitely a very bad design. For that reason alone I'd have bought different phone if I'd known. Battery life - nothing like advertised, even with power saving. For all its faults, I'll persevere, maybe it's just me that's getting grumpier as I get older:-)