5.0 out of 5 stars bissell carpet cleaner
Published on 17 July 2012 by Y. hemming

3.0 out of 5 stars Bissell Proheat series
The cleaning ability is very good and, although heavy and noisy, they are easy to use. My greatest reservation is the build quality. Too many poor quality plastic components which break easily.
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Principia

5.0 out of 5 stars bissell carpet cleaner, 17 July 2012
Y. hemming (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I did some research before i purchased this machine, but the main thing i liked about it was the pro heat,which keeps the water at the right tempreture,where as the majority did not. It arrived very fast,and was very easy to assemble,just needing 2 screws to hold the handle on. The instructions were easy to follow,it was self explanatary really just looking at the machine.It came with a small bottle of cleaner,so i prepared it by filling the inner bucket with hand hot water from the tap & added my carpet cleaner to the inner part of the bucket,which has a bladder type bag,which allows the dirty water to be kept seperate from the clean.now for the job,i decided to do my hallway,which was quite soiled,there is a trigger on the handle which releases the chemical & moving the cleaner once forward & backwords puts the chemical on the carpet,then moving the cleaner backwards & forwards sucks & brushes the carpet throughly. Well all i can say is WOW,WOW,WOW,my carpet came up like new & it was virtually dry,as i took my time & kept going over it,till i could not see the water sucking it up. The dirt in the bucket was a dirty brown,well i was shocked,all i can say is i was glad i was the only one in the house to see it!.next i did the stairs,using the hand held nossle cleaning tool which comes with it,all you do is turn the dial on the front of the machine to tools!.The brush does not rotate, however the suction is very good,it has a trigger which again releases the carpet cleaner,well again the carpet came up like new & the clean smell was lovely, i won't go into to the colour of the water,as you will start to think all sorts!!,ha-ha.all in all i am so happy i bought this,my home feels clean & it is clean.My advice to you is buy with confidance,its not too heavy to use & it does work a treat,you won't be dissapointed,i bought mine from hughes for a great price & who gave a very speedy delivery of this appliance, which comes with a mannufactory garrentee of 2 yrs. hope you find this helpfull. good luck.next job,bedrooms!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Kit, 15 Aug. 2012
S. Cunningham (Fareham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Well read the reviews and purchased one.

Max Maclaren review is spot on.
This machine is just brilliant, a doddle to use and the results are wonderful.
Have a dog so I used Bissell Pet Wash and Protect to clean my carpets. I could not ask for more.

Amazon price is brilliant also and delivery was very quick.

All in all very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed product for the home, 1 Sept. 2014
balbs (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
When it comes to carpet cleaning the choices are really between hiring (that well known medical model) the V*X or this, well now I've done all three and this model tops the lot, and I will explain why....

A really important reason is that if you hire you are getting an industrial strength machine with a much bigger water reservoir, which means that you are not running off to the tap as much - however I think this is outweighed by a much bigger advantage - you don't have to plan an entire weekend knowing that is all the time you have - I managed a hallway stairs and landing in a couple of hours, and that was enough with all the furniture put away and back. Of course at the end of that I've still got a machine ready to go (at my convenience) on another rainy weekend.

Secondly, the machine is itself is simplicity to put together - basically its only three parts and a child could do it. Importantly if you are taking it somewhere else (warning here, all your mates will be begging you to borrow it) you can easily remove the main handle piece which makes transporting easy.

Third, the weight - some posters here have commented on this and I wouldn't disagree - however its not that heavy for one person although if you do have difficulties lifting things then it might be a problem. A big advantage is that the easily removed water reservoir means that without that its weight is ok. (The reservoir works by having a plastic 'bladder' which you fill, the water is used via the brushes and is then returned to the reservoir on the outside of the bladder); the reservoir is very easy to remove, dispose of the waste water, refill and put back (try not to look at the colour of the waste water at this point!

Number four - the tool extension is 'built in' - just one turn of a simple dial switches from the floor cleaner to the tool, instead of having to flap around with tool changes. This is a real advantage over other designs, and means that if there is a stubborn spot, just switch to the tool, give the area a quick scrub and switch back. Ideal also for stairs and floor edges.

Now the real good news, the cleaning ability. I tried this out on a hallway that has real traffic in and out - my first pass on the carpet left one area looking as if it hadn't been cleaned at all, but I reckon that was because I had not noticed the water not passing through - the second pass worked really well and the carpet is noticeably cleaner and brighter than before. A key advantage of buying instead of hiring is that you can try out things like this in your own time. You will get used to changing the water reservoir regularly but its simplicity itself - make sure you turn the machine over when you finish and pull off any fuzz that has been picked up. (It would have helped the design and I don't know why they couldn't have done this to have the roller easily removable to do this.) The drying time is impressive as long as you pass over the cleaned area carefully (two to three hours max).

Things I don't like which are really only picky - 1. You have to buy an extra tool to do hard floors - a small point but it would have been a nice touch even if the price was a bit more - you have to get it from the spares site but this is pretty good. 2. There's no indicator for when the water supply is running down so you need to keep an eye out for it. 3. The stairs tool would be better if it had a powered brush as standard.

Delivery was ultra quick - ordered 27th and delivered on 30th on free delivery - not sure why anyone bothers with paying extra.

All in all the positive reviews on here are very useful and no-one is egging this product - it really does do a great job - just don't lend it out too much (and definitely don't rent it out - read the small print of how it invalidates your warranty!)

5.0 out of 5 stars You sure get what you pay for!, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I'd previously bought and returned a cheap v** machine and was quite disillusioned with the whole home carpet cleaning machine thing and was contemplating just getting someone in to professionally clean the carpets.

Then a friend recommended the Bissell brand, so I hopped onto Amazon and found this one.

If funds allow, I always prefer to spend a little bit more and try to avoid entry level models, so I decided to give this one a try. Amazon returns are amazing so I knew that if it was rubbish I'd just have to box it up and drop it at the newsagents around the corner!

The setup was easy. and the whole machine instantly looked and felt far far superiour to the other brand. It has a simple water container with a clever plastic bag inside. The clean water and solution goes inside the bag (they call it a bladder but I don't like that!) and as you're using the maching the dirty water is sucked up into the surrounding container. Very very simple and clever!

I gave the lounge carpet a going over and even 1 week after using the cheap v**, this Bissel gave me 3 tanks of filthy black water. Very satisfying to see! It also gave me huge clumps of soggy fluff from the carpet. Also very satisfying but kind of makes me wonder if it's my Dyson that's failing or if the Bissell is just that much better overall at cleaning! To swap from normal suction to using the hose and tools, you just turn the big wheel on the front of it..no messing around unplugging pipes and tubes.

There were no problems with leaks or suction failures, it just worked as it said it would. I cleaned the carpet late in the evening then I put the heating on for a couple of hours with the dehumidifier in the room and it was soon perfectly dry.

The heater is great, and will keep the clean water at the correct temperature.

Size-wise it's not much bigger than our Dyson, and will store easily in the garage.

Granted, it's not the cheapest carpet cleaner, but in this case I'm well pleased that I spent the extra 80 quid or so. If you can afford to avoid the sub £99 offers I'd definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I had previously had Vax cleaners, but last year brought The Proheat cleaner.
It cleans so thouroughly and leaves the carpet almost dry thanks to the inbuilt heater.

I have used it regularly thanks to having both cream rugs and two dogs!
However, last week I couldnt get it to spray out the water or suck up the small amount that it did spray out of the hand cleaner. After going through all the check list, it just wasnt happening, so I called the Bissell customer service and explaned the problem. They could not have been more helpful and asked me when was it convienient to pick up the machine to do a repair, that i was to wrap it in bubble wrap (as i no longer had its box) and attach a label with my name and address on. This i did, it was picked up on Thursday and today (Monday) was sent back looking like new, all boxed and ready to go!
That is what I call super service.

I would not only recommend the Bissell, but if it does happen to go haywire, the customer service is second to none.

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the most depressing thing I've ever done..., 20 Feb. 2014
J. Collins "Jono" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
It looks brilliant now it's done, but I'm making my wife do it next time. It's good to share. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars After a week of use..., 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Ok, I'm giving this four stars so here's why. It does the job on short carpet and on my 90% wool medium pile carpets upstairs. Almost finished the entire house after buying this a week a go for just under £200. Last time I did the lounge (2 years ago!) I hired a Rug Doctor which worked great. This thing I think works similarly. Can't say if it's better of worse than the big Rug Doctor. It's a LOT lighter for sure. But I think the detergent capacity is quite small I have to fill up at least five times to do a medium sized room in my terraced house. Also I noticed after I bought this model that the heater does not raise your watrer temp by as much as some othe rmodels. I htink it's only 14 degrees C. No problem really given your water capacity is low and you are supposed to put "hand hot" water in it to start with. The machine has quite a powerful motor I think compared to lower-end Bissells (maybe 1400W?). I found it sucked up most of the water it sprayed onto the carpet no problem. Obviously medium-pile carpet remained "wetter" than short pile. And the water coming back showed really how dirty my carpets were! I had not shampooed upstairs ever - so 4 years of dirt up there. First time the machine fluffs up a lot on medium pile carpets and you have to pick this up but that's no problem. The stairs attachement you get works ok. It just sprays fluid on, allows you to scrub it in with the attached brush, and sucks it up. No mess but not as effective as the real carpet cleaner business end with its mechanised brushes. Overall, does it clean carpets well? Yes it does! I wonder though how well a lower end Bissell might compete given that water heating seems not very useful on this model....

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home needs one, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
First class carpet cleaner,wish I'd bought one years ago. Easy to assemble,needs 2 screws fixing to handle! Very easy to use, no degree in maths to work out how to use. All the familly want's to use it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars good carpet cleaner, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
bought this as i have 2 dogs, so muddy feet etc. used twice since i bought it on my 30+ ft living room dining room. I have used the cleaning product but it has cleaned the carpet well, easy to use, light to push around, the water collection area does fill quickly but not a major problem. easy to clean after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely and utterly brilliant :), 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Oh how I wish I had bought this months ago! It's transformed all the bedroom carpets in a trice, and worked absolute miracles on the stair carpet - which we now won't have to renew. I agree that it's a noisy machine and the water tank needs filling up quite often (3 times for an average sized bedroom) but I don't regard these as hardships. For the cost of buying a new bedroom carpet and underlay, this machine has been a godsend and a good investment. I should think that running half a cup of white vinegar per tank of water should prevent any possible build up of limescale in future. Love this machine <3

Bissell Cleanview Proheat Carpet Cleaner