5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tablet
I've seen some of the reviews that mention the screen issues. Not had these myself, so can't comment.

Not had a single problem. Works well, is quick, so so light and thin. Really easy to hold due to its lightness.

Have to say not had a single issue at all and I love it - it has totally replaced my laptop.

My only criticism is it doesn't...
Published on 3 April 2012 by Gavin

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing
I own several Toshiba devices and like the firm and so when I was in the market for a tablet loved the idea of the at200. I waited ages for it to be available then ordered it soon after it appeared on Amazon.

Published on 26 Mar. 2012 by Richard Cowhig

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 26 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Toshiba AT200 10.1 inch Tablet PC (ARM Dual-Core A9 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 3.2) (Personal Computers)

The item is certainly attractive to look at and light to hold but it had a glitch where the screen would intermittently begin to flash repeatedly where the clock appears on the right hand side and then become unresponsive.

I searched online and saw that I was not the only one to have this issue so returned the item for a replacement. Amazon sent a replacement and this one has exactly the same screen issue so I will be sending this one back for a refund. In addition I would say that a number of the packaged apps regularly quit without notice.
Someone has posted a film of the screen problem on YouTube, this is exactly what both of the ones sent to me have done.

[....]

I had not wanted to follow the herd and get an iPad but it seems the apple products are successful for a reason, that reason being that they work properly. By comparison this is an overpriced and shoddy tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tablet, 3 April 2012

My only criticism is it doesn't come with Android 4, but it is due soon, and to be honest I don't feel I need it right now.

Toshiba decided to wait, and it is perhaps a good decision until they understand 4.0.

Overall highly recomended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, 27 Mar. 2012
I bought this two weeks ago and was instantly surprised by the flickering screen where the tablet becomes unresponsive and the clock/toolbar stutters ad infinitum. The only way to get rid of the issue is to press the power button into sleep mode and come back out of it. The problem returns after a short spell. I am terribly disappointed as was looking forward to owning what seemed like a cool, light tablet. I thought this might be a software issue but Toshiba don't seem to be forthcoming with a solution as I suspect it's a hardware fault.

Update: Now the AT200 won't boot up after it crashed. Seriously avoid this tablet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 5 Sept. 2012
WOW what a tablet now, yes it was a little slow and glitchy but since the ICS update this tablet has become what it should have been, Toshiba should be ashamed for releasing it as it was and everyone that got one should get a refund of some kind for the wasted time waiting for the screen glitch to be fixed. But they have fixed it and it has become the tablet to own I think, Although I am sure there will be a lot of people that think once bitten twice shy and will refuse to take a chance with Toshiba products again. Not sure how they fixed the problem as it looks like the screen may have been too close to something that interfered with it but I can honestly say that it has been fixed now.

With ICS upgraded over the air I found that everything about this tablet changes, it has become more responsive and there is no jerkiness with the browser or home screens as there was, everything seems to be running smoother and opens faster. To say this tablet is thin is an understatement, this is the thinnest tablet you can own at the moment and you really can feel it.

Amazing screen quality with no flicker at all now even though mine did have a little flicker before, mainly in the play store though.

I would have given this a five star just because battery life is so good , approx 7 hours since ics upgrade but as it did not come so well balanced when I purchased it and I had to wait a while for the update I am only giving it a 3 taking one more off because this tablet should never have been released like it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting worse but was I suprised!!, 26 Jun. 2012
After reading the reviews I was apprehensive about buying the Toshiba. I found one for £199 on Amazon in "Like New" condition so I took a gamble.

This Tablet was perfect. It works with my VPN (unlike iPad) and I can access all of my company server files from anywhere. Quickish speed but does slow down a little when doing serious multitasking as I do. I can surf, watch movies, music, and the screen has been flawless so far. I upgraded the Tablet as soon as I got it to 3.2.1.5.5009 from the Toshiba service station app, and haven't looked back. All my apps from my Galaxy S2 worked so far apart from the SKY GO app which is down to Sky and not the Tablet.

Streams Justin.tv and every single website works including flash only sites (downloaded firefox as well). (Also, I had to do the about:debug fix for Android which forces websites to load full versions instead of the mobile ones.)

The screen was bright, sharp and very responsive. It is extremely thin so it's easy to lose when it is flat on a table.

Installed hundreds of apps now, memory card works great. Connects to your home LAN as well to stream media across platforms. Connects to my PS3 as well still no issues. WiFi range is better than in my Galaxy S2. All in all, much better than my iPad (1st generation) as it can actually replace my laptop and I can save, edit, and upload/download files directly to the hard drives (in real time) to my company server(s) from anywhere in the world.

Plays all movie/music downloads as well, any file type works, wma, wmv, avi, mp4, mkv, mpg, mp3. Everything!! No propriety software here. Finally freedom!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba AT200 Avoid..., 2 April 2012
I've bought this tablet last month and I'm terribly disappointed with it.
The tablet looks nice and it feels good even when holding with one hand and the connectivity that offers is excellent but I've paid a premium price for a tablet that has several flaws:
-Constant flickering on the screen when browsing the web
-Unresponsive screen, the battery and clock indicator on the bottom right corner start to appear and disappear in an endless loop and no other command is acknowledge by the tablet, only going into sleep mode will fix it.
-The tablet turns itself off for no apparent reason, even when I'm watching a movie.

The last problem only happened around 10 times while the first 2 are a constant problem ....

Had a problem with SplashtopHD App that comes with the Tablet, but once I contacted the Splashtop they resolve it within a week. Excellent service.

AVOID THIS TABLET!!! I Would if I knew this....

Ps. Toshiba doesn't reply to any of the mentioned problems above, if they don't care....

1.0 out of 5 stars Flickering screen strikes again, 28 Mar. 2012
M. I. Mulla - See all my reviews
Bought this tablet from elsewhere, Within the first day the right side of the screen started to flicker. Got a refund and went for the Xoom 2 having had no complaints with the original Xoom.

3.0 out of 5 stars unhappy customer, 8 July 2013
the tablet we received doesnt work an when we try and contact the seller we get no reply,but when you contact toshiba direct they will only repair it and to be fair they did take it away but no repair has been done in our opinion as we are still having the same problems with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars stay away from this, 7 May 2012
It's probably the worst device I ever tried.

Very slow and unresponsive.

Probably the worst part is its shape: the edges are squared so it's difficult to pick up.

Furthermore, there's a small gap between the lateral finish and the back surface, so when one holds it, it continously scratches your fingers' skin, and after a few minutes this becomes intolerable.

The back surface also becomes a bit too hot, especially when charging, so it's ever more uncomfortable.