5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassing expectation by far
Published on 30 Mar 2012 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars IS IT REALLY BY NEEWER????
Published 4 months ago by Mr.Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassing expectation by far, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: BestDealUK Battery Grip For Canon EOS 350D, 400D/Rebel XT, XTi (Electronics)
Being a student photographer and just starting up, I've being spending quite a bit on "must have" accessories (blimey, it all adds up, doesn't it?), one of which is a battery grip for my camera, primarily to allow ease of use when shooting in portrait. Compared to the cost of the equivalent canon product, I saw this Neewer product and couldn't believe the price. I thought I'd take a chance and give it a go.

I confess to not having very high expectations, but have been very pleasantly surprised. The grip has all the functions of the OEM product, and works perfectly! Ok, so it doesn't say Canon on it, and some might therefore say it is an inferior product. However, whilst it may not appeal to well-heeled high end canon owners and professionals or indeed tackle tarts, it really does do the job. Fits very snugly to my camera, an EOS 400D, and looks like it belongs to the camera, with no noticeable colour variation between the grip and the camera body.

I'm very pleased indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neewer battery grip for Canon EOS 350D / 400D, 17 Jun 2012
Excellent product, and a buy that I'm very happy with, but I have to add 'so far' in both cases, as I have a few reservations. Unfortunately, I've not seen the Canon equivalent, so I don't know if I would have similar feelings about that. However, the Neewer comes with just a 3-month guarantee, so that may be significant in this respect.

I'll mention the reservations later, but first the good news. The battery pack has great functionality, and all buttons / dials etc work as expected. Not only that, but in a way that I can't explain, using it has made my 400D look & feel more like a camera. It has also done exactly what I bought it for, which is to make it easy to take shots in portrait mode. Beforehand, when leaning against the RH side of a doorway for instance, I couldn't easily reach the shutter release, which meant that I suffered camera shake too often. Now, it's no problem.

The reservations are:
1. The main dial doesn't feel too refined.
2. The on-off switch is imprecise: it easily moves from one side to the other.
3. The battery compartment has to be pulled from the battery pack by a locking dial. However, this dial seems very fragile, and I am concerned that it will break easily.

I must make it clear that so far, the battery pack has been great, and does exactly what I wanted for a peanuts price compared with the Canon equivalent. I just feel though, that I may be saying something different in a few months time.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow this is value for money, 13 April 2012
im 100% happy with both the product and the supplier, and i will definitely be using them again in the future.
the product looks and feels like it was made by canon but it cost a third of what a canon grip would cost.
and it arrived early even though i ordered it over the Easter bank holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit and fits the camera perfectly, 5 July 2014
Arrived before due date, well packaged and performs all the functions as described. Great piece of kit and fits the camera perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars IS IT REALLY BY NEEWER????, 8 Jun 2014
First off I would like to say that so for I have had no issues with this product. Every thing seems to fit nicely and work fine. However I am slightly worried about the locking mechanism as it seems very flimsy. I also have reservations about weather this is a genuine Neewer product, after reading the box it came in I noticed a couple of English translations that are wrong for example it says "never dispose of fire" instead of never dispose of in fire and "keep in dry and cool" instead of keep in a dry and cool place. anybody else notice this?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best unit for purpose, 3 April 2014
This is excellent, the delivery was long but on time and well packaged, fairly easy to assemble for your average Scientific photographer, good instruction leaflet, slots well into block, you need to remove battery gate by pushing screw head pin sideways, it does not unscrew and will not move by the block end, it is a sliding barrel of two components, once that is out and files safely in the battery grip clip, the battery installation and fix to camera is steady work but good daylight is advised and the rotating battery block clip needs care in springing open. Make sure all is clipped it will drop out if removing batteries after test to charge them up to full. After that life is easy for routine photography, I may get two extra rechargeable they are cheaper these days.The extra AA battery backup unit is straightforward and a big asset. Very pleased, if mobile phone tech and Androids were this easy we would all be experts. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars battery grip, 11 Feb 2014
bought for my canon EOS D 350to extend the battery time, IT FITS OK AND SHPULD WORK WELL, I HOPE

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 17 Sep 2013
Needed this to take the worry out of running out of power when out all day taking hundreds of pictures. Replacement battery good as well

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 25 Oct 2012
cant believe it was only 23 quid ***** 5 stars all buttons work perfect and has lovely feel to the grip

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Review, 24 Aug 2012
I've been using this grip now for over a month. I have to say that at first I was rather pleased with it. However I have had constant problems with the battery cutting off. The grip is secured properly in place however it seems the batteries may come loose within the battery tray. This means that I've lost many great shots and had people waiting impatiently while I remove the battery tray, adjust the batteries and restart the camera. Not very professional at all!

Perhaps I've been unlucy with this product but be aware!