on 23 October 2014
I'm a very avid Beats by Dre fan, and always wanted a set. The Souls SL150's caught my eye and so I read a more than a few reviews on them.

Deciding to go for the Souls I was not disappointed. I like my music with lots of bass, but sound quality is a must. I'm very fussy and choosy with my speakers/headphones etc. Having listened to many Bose and sennheiser headphones, that didn't quite fill the low bass notes as I'd like.

These have a very clear, tight, and controlled bass note. Not overpowering the music, unlike the beats. These are perfectly balanced with very clear and crisp highs. These can be enjoyed with a mixed genre of music, hip hop, R n B, pop, reggae, it's all good.

I was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality and warmth of these headphones.

Of all the celebrity branded headphones, these are by far the best. Others are no comparison and I've listened to all of them. Up against audiophile quality headphones, these are just as good as some out there, but don't expect them to be the best, they are on par with entry level audiophile headphones.
Well, where to begin? These headphones are simply fantastic. They have a slick & sleek form-factor that hugs your head without being oppressive, the ear pieces are well articulated & extremely comfortable for an 'over-ear' type. They are surprisingly light and comfortable to wear if a little on the large side...

The folding design means that the headphones fold away neatly in their very own semi-solid case that is sufficiently logo-ed up and comes with a karabiner to clip it to your bag. It's not a hassle to fold them up either, they pack-away with a reassuringly solid 'click'. The headphones also come with a branded anti-bacterial wipe to clean up any fingerprints on the glossy headband or - as mine is more frequently used - to polish up the screen on my iPod touch.

This is where the real functionality begins; the control lead has become one of the best-designed pieces of electronics I own. The cable detaches from the headphones itself and from the iPod, meaning it is very easy to put-away. The lead itself has an anti-tangle design - much thinner than Monsters - the cable inside the insulation is a flat ribbon rather than the usual wrapped-cylinder and as a result the lead doesn't twist inside the insulation and you get far fewer knots. In fact you can throw this in the case with the headphones any which way you fancy and it still comes out without a knot or one ounce of fuss.

The controls on the control button are very slick; sitting 2-3 inches below the left earpiece, they are discreet but always within reach (never disappearing into the depths of your jacket) and manage the essentials with great aplomb. Volume; Up & Down on the respective keys, Centre Button; one press for pause, another for play and a double-press to skip to the next track, triple-press to skip back. As a result my iPod stays in my pocket for longer without having to open the case, unlock the thing, then skip the track. Genius. The controls also work for the iPhone, one press to answer, double press to divert and in-call volume controls. What surprised me is just how little delay there is in-between pressing the button and the iPod responding, the software is obviously doing it's job.

I own a pair of Monster Beats with similar-sized neodymium mass-drivers (that's magnets to you and me) but I feel that these go much, much louder and most importantly, WITHOUT BATTERIES, something Monster failed to accomplish and so Soul deserves some credit here. Plus, the inside of the upper headband on my Monsters has begun to come away, these puppies are stitched in like a black-leather sofa - far superior in my opinion.

Last but by no means least, the HD sound. There are some tracks that in-ear pieces just can't do justice and this turns out to be a lot more of my music collection than I had given credit to. The sound is rich and resonant but not overly bass-heavy as might be expected with a name like Ludacris on the headband. The mids & the trebles all ring clear & true. The seal between your ear and the earpiece is truly impeccable, it stops practically all but the loudest outside noise and there really is minimal leakage (especially considering the volume these babies can produce) meaning you really don't have to be considerate to your fellow commuters anymore!! The quality of the sound coming from these beauties means that you might have to listen to you whole collection again, just to hear it as it was intended - with studio quality headphones.

I can't recommend these headphones enough, do your record collection some justice and get these!!
on 27 August 2013
I TRULY recommend these!

I've spent hours looking for a good set of headphones, these came on top because of the looks, sound reviews (experts) and portability.

The headphones are made of very nice material, the white color is clear and bright. Soft earpads are amazingly comfortable. The sound is super clear with punchy and powerful bass! (if you like house, hiphop, rnb you'll love it! I chose these over the ATH-M50 mainly because of the music they're ment for, portability with the retachable cable (the M50/s is a pain in the a** to take with you, the cable is just HUGE and long with a big 3,5mm plug. If you brake it it's over, with this you can exchange it easil (comes with 2 cables).

+ SL150>SMS audio>Beats... (expert reviews)
+ portability
+ AMAZINGly clear sound with punchy bass!
+ retachable cable
+ looks / size
+ comfort
on 17 February 2015
The headphone themselves look good, the sound is nice and clear but you also here a good amount of bass as well which is good. The only negative thing I have to say about these headphones are that the ear cups are just to dam uncomfortable firstly one of the cups is misshaped so it doesn't fit the same as the other one, but what these so bad is that you can't wear them for very long before they start to make your ears hurt so you have to take them off again. Which is why have 2 years I've already starting to look at a replacement as they don't do the job I wanted them to do which was to be able to use them on long journeys.
on 8 October 2013
I'm very happy in all senses with the headphones.

It is first time I guess on-Ear headphones and the quality of sounds amazed me.
They are not 100% noise cancellation if music is not on, but once you have it with music you can't listen anything from outside (I mean with low volume).

If volume is high people around might listen a bit of it.

I found them also comfortable to wear for few hours.
on 1 February 2013
Ordered these headphones and they came 4days later , very impressed with them whether its low mid or treble it sounds fantastic and I only need to pur ky volume at 3. Comes complete with sturdy carry case and also 2 audio cables one with remote and one plain the fold neatly and seem very robust and well made order a set if ur even thinking about them you won't regret it (sl150) I got mine from gizmophones
on 7 July 2014
AMAZING! Coming from a headphone fanatic! I have had almost every pair of the Dr Dre Beats headphones, the WeSC Rza Premium's, SMS by 50 and I can say these top them all! The sound quality is so good with the bass just right. The clarity on these beat all the rest and with a price tag of £99, you cannot go wrong!
on 13 March 2013
The box these headphones came in was heavy and the headphones were snugly fitted in the box which would prevent any delivery damage. Opening the box the headphone were inside the carry case, neatly folded. There was a cable with a 3.5mm jack on both ends as describe in the product description.

The sound quality is good. I have not tried other headphones of similar value but having a pair of these on, feels like you have noise cancelling as there is no sound leak from the headphones so no noise can infiltrate the headphones.

Got this for my brother as a present and he is currently enjoying it on this train trips to and from work. GG
on 1 October 2013
Its a good headphone
good music has a good style
but only thing which need to fix is the cable because they are
rubbish and if u want to buy a new one they dnt even have the aux cable
on 11 December 2014
These are absolutely amazing perfect sound and bass super crisp never heard my music in a way like this before well worth every penny shop around for a good deal