5.0 out of 5 stars Lancelot and the Grail (The Knights of Camelot), 8 July 2012
This review is from: Lancelot And The Grail (The Knights Of Camelot Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
So many tales within the tale - for me it's all about the love story which continues to intrigue and inflame my emotions. I found myself beseaching Lancelot not to return to 'civilisation' - but he does. Can't wait for book 4!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 May 2014
Thought things might have been getting a bit boring by this stage but absolutely not & I'm really looking forward to the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good, 8 Sept. 2012
I am a huge fan of this author and of these books, I downloaded lancelot and the wolf by mistake not knowing what the story would involve and I have devoured these books with a passion. As a straight women it doesn't matter to me that lancelot finds his happiness in the arms of another man, I have rated this as a 4 star as it got a little messy for me in the middle with Lancelot struggling between his two lovers and also I felt characters like Else, Geraint & Merlin weren't featured as much.

The story picks up six years after the last book, Where we find Lancelot living the life of a hermit after he thinks he has lost his chance at happiness because of Arthur, from the beginning this new Lancelot made me want to cry and almost protect him and you will for him to go back to arthur but also wish he could stay happy and at peace with tancred, I just love the whole concept behind this and am just about to start reading book four, I recommend this book to all my friends some who have met the fact that Lancelot is openly bi-sexual with scorn but the author writes this book with such passion andd flair that honestly I don't feel it matters who Lancelot loves, I just want to know how this story will progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lancelot and the Grail, 7 Aug. 2012
M. Hancock (UK) - See all my reviews
At the start of this book Lancelot is a broken man after suffering a mental breakdown. When Arthur sacrificed Tancred for Excalibur at the end of Lancelot and the Sword it broke Lancelot. He climbed onto Ash and rode away. The book begins with Lancelot living alone in the woods with his madness until Tancred finds him. You find yourself hoping that they will stay together in the woods but of course Arthur and Camelot won't let that happen. A fantastic and dangerous journey into the underworld awaits them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camelot is Broken, and Lancelot is Gone, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Lancelot And The Grail (Paperback)
This book, the third in the series, was very heartrending. At the beginning we find the great warrior broken and damaged. Indeed, the reader is not even sure who is speaking to begin with. Gradually we learn that Lancelot has PTSD, but of course in the old days, it had no name. Lancelot is coaxed back to society by his old friend, Tancred, and finally returns to Camelot and his once-beloved Arthur. The old feelings slowly resurface, but there are more pressing concerns to deal with. Arthur cannot save Camelot without Lancelot's help, and the men once more head off into a battle that will forever change the course of their lives. Once again, I am left desperately waiting for the next book in the series, and I am totally in love with both Lancelot and Arthur! Oh, and I was very excited with the appearance of an old Celtic goddess, but you'll have to read the book to discover her...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and refreshing, 26 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Lancelot And The Grail (Paperback)
As a fan of these books from the beginning I've been desperate to know what happens in the book three. With Lancelot and the Wolf and Lancelot and the Sword, building on the story arc I've been trying to imagine what would happen next. I could never have imagined what actually occurs. The author deals with the aftermath of Arthur's betrayal with such care you worry about her own sanity, never mind Lancelot's. The love and compassion that saves Lancelot is heart wrenchingly tender. I don't want to give spoilers so I'm not going to go into detail but this book is far more about heart of the savage inside Lancelot, rather than the sword of savage. He is so clearly struggling to fight for a new life and when it comes to him, he can't seem to quite let go of the old one, which just makes you scream in frustration!
He is wonderfully flawed and easy to access. Arthur is a great medieval king, manipulative and just a little too self serving.
The unique take on the Grail myth is great. The author has clearly done some research into the old Celtic myths of magical cauldrons and linked the two together, the way she deftly turned the traditional love story on its head. When Lancelot returns to Camelot and then travels to the Land of the Dead, then on into Albion, it becomes a story of myth and legend in truth at last. There is a freedom to these stories, which isn't contained by the traditional legends. The Arthurian myths are still apparent and strong, but twisted like a Celtic knot and given new life.
I can't wait for book four, although the first three clearly finish the first part of the series. I have the feeling they are just going to continue to grow and move in their own fluid way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet Lancelot And The Grail, 26 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Lancelot And The Grail (Paperback)
Book 3 just finished and Sarah Luddington did not disappoint. I laughed, I cried and I enjoyed this very moving 3rd installment of the Arthur/Lancelot legend. The opening paragraph had me instantly caught and I just wanted to read on. The authors take on the very fragile state of Lancelots mind and the care he receives from...... well I will not spoil the story!! Go buy it and read it for yourself. Of the 3 books so far I have enjoyed this the most. When I start to care about a character I know I have enjoyed a book (go team Tancred). The author's insite into the depth of her characters appears to be growing as their complex relationships continue to develop, grow and change which makes her writing interesting and enjoyable to read. I was continually surprised by the twists and turns this book takes. My biggest problem now is that I will have to wait for part 4.