on 9 November 2012
(Bought on 24th Sept 2012)
Original Review:
When I looked at the price of these earphones, I was sceptical due to the price, but I trusted Amazon from numerous experiences. I bought these earphones having only experienced the SHE8000 in the past few months, so I was expecting something different. To my surprise, these earphones have a very good design, look nice, have good treble and good bass (not excessive... like beats.) The audio produced by these earbuds is more in my opinions more natural feeling, so it is something that I like a lot. The earphones also have magnets embedded on them which makes it very easy to sort out the cables. The cables are also very hard to tangle due to their flat wires.

Another good feature that I have used on occasions is the split wire design. This allows me to share music without the problem of having cables that are too short. The integrated microphone with these earphones has a plastic casing, but the sound it picks up should be good as I've never had any difficulty having a conversation with someone on the phone with these earphones plugged in. The earphones have 3 pairs of ear bud tips which are made of silicone and are very easy to use in my opinion. If you are looking for a new pair of earphones and don't have cash to splash, I would highly recommend these earphones!

UPDATE (4th February 2014):
I have had these earphones since late September 2012 and it is now early February 2014. The silicone tips became a bit loose on the actually earphones after about 7-8 months use, so I have now replaced them with Comply Foam Tips TSX200. The sound produced is now still as good as they were when I first bought them. The left earphone is damaged slightly (the purple plastic piece has split just underneath the who earphone as a module, so the earphone module is in 1 piece, with a piece of plastic hanging on the wire.) However, this hasn't had any adverse effect on the sound quality. The microphone is still working as it should be and the button still functions.

These earphones have so far lasted me over 1 yr and 4 months, which is far better than any of my previous pairs of earphones (The best I've had previously is 8 months.) I am still using these earphones on a daily basis and they just keep working. The tips may have become loose, the left earphone may have be slightly damaged, but these earphones are made to a very high standard. I'm hoping to see these earphones last me for another few months before I expect to change to a new pair of SHE5105BK/10s! Once again, if you're looking for a pair of new earphones and don't have cash to splash, then these are the earphones for you!!! They will last if you take care of them properly, trust me!
on 3 August 2012
I needed a pair of headphones with a mic at a reasonable price and these seem to fit the bill. They are a little garish in purple but I don't personally have an issue with that.
They seem to be a reasonalbly well constructed IEM although you only get the standard 3 sizes of ear bud which may not fit everyone. I replaced mine with sennheiser ones so they now fit perfectly and stay in my ears. The cable is long and flat and has a strange split cable tidy which is a bit of a gimick in my opinion. They could really do with a cable clothes clip as the cable rubbing can get a little annoying. The magnets in the back of the drive units clamps the 2 headphones together to keep things tidy and they seem to work pretty well(there is no case supplied with these 'phones)
As for the sound quality, they are not the last word in finese but they do a pretty good job overall. They are not an audiophiles dream by any stretch but there is some reasonable imaging going on and the vocals seem to be well projected without being harsh. The treble is a little subdued but it is detailed enough for me as I don't get on with overly bright headphones.
There is enough bass for most people but it is not the cleanest and gets a little messy.
The packaging states they offer a clear neutral sound I think is a little off the mark but they are far more musical than Beats headphones but without the skull shattering bass!
Overall I was pleasantly surprised with these headphones. If you want a cheapish set with a mic then take a look.
on 27 February 2014
Although I haven't broken these in, the sound response is not quite my cup of tea. These headphones have a very deep bass, which is fantastically defined. However one struggles to hear the mids over the pounding bass, and I almost forgot that the High Ends existed! I owned a pair of the over ear CitiScape cans, and I didn't suffer such issues. I'm certainly not going to be doing any mixing down on these, but they are useful for bus/train journeys.
on 6 March 2014
Its all down to personal preference and with headphones I find people (including me) are particularly fussy but I think these are very good value for money. I wouldnt say they're worth the supposed RRP of £45 but well worth the £23 I paid when they were on offer. Good sound quality with decent bass without leaking too much noise and inline microphone make them deal for the daily train journey.
on 22 January 2014
A really good sound, a sympathic design and it's really comfortable to use it ! Hope those headphones will last longer than my HTC's...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2014
brought this for mate for Christmas. he really liked it. amazing sounds. luckily got it before Christmas. thank a lot
on 29 April 2013
Although I don't quite like the build quality of these earphones, their sound quality is decent with proper bass. Noise isolation is not bad either. I haven't tested the mic yet.