4.0 out of 5 stars Really Handy Kitchen Essential
I have previously used a cloth icing bag for pretty much all icing jobs but often found that it would weep from the seams, especially if using a filling with a degree of fat it in such as butter cream. The cleanup for reusable bags is often a hassle so I thought I'd try these plastic disposable bags instead.

To use the bags I put one in a pint glass and turn...
Published on 19 Feb. 2013 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Really quite small
These bags detach easily from the roll leaving the others intact, so no wastage there. They are grippy, definitely no slipping about, even with buttercream covered hands. However, I found them just too small to use easily.

Published 13 months ago by mrsslipper

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Handy Kitchen Essential, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tala 30-Piece Disposable Non-Slip Icing Bag, Blue (Kitchen & Home)

To use the bags I put one in a pint glass and turn the edges down over the rim of the glass. This holds the bag in place with an open mouth, making in considerably neater and easier to fill. The next step is to simply cut the corner off the pag and you have a basic nozzle to use for piping. Should you wish to you can cut the corner and insert a nozzle prior to filling the bag if you have a particular effect you are trying to achieve.

Overall, considerably cleaner, easier and faster than using a cloth bag - I'll be buying another batch of these shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 12 Jan. 2013
J. Saunders (Somerset) - See all my reviews
It is a long time since I have done any cake icing, and previously I had used a reusable bag (never happy with how clean I could get it) and disposable paper bags, which were always too small and leaked icing out of the open end whenever you squeezed them.

My daughter persuaded me to order these, and I am so glad I did. They are large, the plastic is thick and strong enough to function perfectly without any fear of tearing or bursting, and best of all, they are as they describe - non-slip. They have a coating on the outside which means that you can hold and squeeze it for the most delicate of icing and have confidence that it will do exactly what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Nov. 2013
I'm a novice icer and didn't want to spend loads of money on bags. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality. I've used 3 bags so far and none of them have split or leaked. I will definitely buy this product again. Delivery was very swift as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm favourite, 10 May 2015
My whole family love these. I must admit i try not to buy disposable items as i try to be "green" but i do love these bags. They are strong (none of us, including ham fisted teen, have managed to burst one), heat proof (melted wilton candy melts in microwave in them), and washable. You can wash and reuse them. I do a fair bit of cooking but am no Deila and this box has lasted me over a year (Am just buying more because teen into cooking big style and i cannot bear to be without them!) Used them for butter icing, water icing, chocolate (all types) and candy melts also to put cake mix into tiny cases. I have also used a variety of nozzles and they have worked well with everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars No messy kitchens anymore., 20 Mar. 2015
These bags are a true time saver over the reusable bags, no more washing, drying and dirty hands!
The plastic used to made them is very sturdy, they can be used with or without the nozzle, and they can also be used with large and extra large size decorating tips.
To fill it simply place it on a tall glass and roll the edges down over the glass rim...easy!
Something very important to say is that you can use a food sealer on the wide open end and seal the filling and icings inside of them to preserve the contents, you can use a paperclip to pinch the end that you need to open and close too, for me this is a big saver as I can keep the excess in the fridge and use it freshly when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected but durable and effective, 16 Jun. 2015
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
I bought these to replace some large icing bags I previously purchased from Lakeland and despite reading the measurements on this page the bags were smaller than I had visualised for some reason.

Nonetheless in use they are as effective and durable, in fact their size means it feels less of a waste when doing small icing jobs.

If working with large amounts of buttercream icing I would suggest you look for some bags that are larger than this, but for smaller jobs (such as a few cupcakes) or royal icing these are perfect.

I also like the cardboard dispenser they come in, a small but nice touch that keeps them neat in my cupboard. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used them yet, but look ideal!, 25 Dec. 2013
Jersey Customer (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
I'll revise my rating upon use as I haven't used these particular bags yet (I've used other disposable bags from other ranges though) but I can't envisage there being a problem with them if they are easy to fill and hold whilst piping - when I've used them I'm sure I'll be back to bump up the review to five stars! For anyone still struggling with nylon piping bags, I'd heartily recommend them to try disposables. The consumable nature of them (and therefore the need to restock/pay out money again once they're all used up) does make them a different financial commitment compared to a nylon bag, but the benefits of just using and disposing make it worth it. I was never sure my nylon bags was properly clean, even though I'd scrub it out as well as I could, so a disposable bag takes away that doubt. With some brands (as I say, haven't tried these yet to know) you can often wash them out and use them once or twice more anyway, so you don't have to throw them away after only one use - if these are the same they'll definitely deserved a revised rating. Watch this space, but if you are unsure of the benefits of disposable over nylon, do try disposable just once - you might be surprised!

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 11 Sept. 2013
Really good quality for the money and the amount of bags you get, very impressed with this product I have saved it to my wish list for future refrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Aug. 2013
These bags are great I have used one bag several times. They do not split and are worth the money. Would buy again and recommend to others

3.0 out of 5 stars Really quite small, 15 May 2014

I used what I think is a normal amount of buttercream to pipe swirls on 12 cupcakes, (200g icing sugar, 100g butter). Due to the sticky and somewhat inflexible nature of the material of the bag, the icing grips the sides a bit as you are filling it and the job is made doubly harder by their small size. By the time you've opened one and rolled it over the sides of a glass for filling, the aperture is only a few cm wide and you have to sort of poke the buttercream in with your fingers. I found it's not easy to pipe if you fill the bag with the full amount of buttercream as per my recipe above, so I had no choice but to do this tricky job of filling the bag twice. It's not a huge flaw, but it's enough to make me want to go back to my roomy nylon bag. I find washing that up is less of a fiddle than filling these small, stiff, bags.