Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 10 January 2012
This book won't set the world on fire, but, nevertheless it is a pleasant, sometimes sad story, set in East Anglia, of the the World War II years .

The privations and make-do and mend necessities are well described and the story of how women had to turn their hands to all the jobs their absent men usually did is brought out very well.

It is worth a read and quite entertaining.
on 31 May 2012
fabulous holiday read, I love Katie Flynns writing, she writes from the heart makes you feel you are part of the story. a real page turner (ie) did lizzie the weak sick daughter just decided to leave home or was there more to her....yes there was, who would have thought...poor lizzie!!go on get the book...find out for yourselves.
on 15 December 2013
Lizzie and Sybil Cream are growing up in fisher cottage on the edge of North Sea. The Cream family may not be rich but they are close as a family. The sisters are friendly with Christina and Ralph Winterton. In the years to come the war comes to England and Christina and Sybil are land girls and Lizzie is doing war work in the city. But times are hard and some may not see the end of the war.
"First Love, Last Love" by Katie Flynn was an okay book and not one of her better ones. I found the characters to not that interesting and I had to push myself to finish it. Overall some readers like "First Love, Last Love" but it was not that good.
on 1 March 2014
I found the story interesting but it did seem to jump from one family to another and I got 'lost' and had to go back through the chapters to get back into the storyline.

It wasn't a book I couldn't put down like previous Katie Flynn books.

The story lines seemed rather lame but I finished it as I was inquisitive to see how the characters finished
on 2 March 2013
If you like stories about families and their experiences during WW2 then you will enjoy this book. I downloaded this as a quick read for my cruise and I enjoyed it. Despite my exotic surroundings, I could 'see' the story unfolding and picture the characters and events.
on 16 April 2013
another fabulous book from Katie Flynn just love her stories collected the set cannot wait
for next passes happy hours unable to go out and like to read about previous years how my elders lived
on 23 April 2014
I found this story very touching and a typical family drama of how the classes see their lives, and how they are so
different from others and how situations can reverse and put them all together
on 9 July 2014
Such a wonderful romantic story. Why oh why are some people so blind at times, they don,t seem to see what is in front of their own eyes. Still never mind, it all turned out well in the end.
on 11 March 2014
It was once again a compelling read..wonderful could not put it down much to the confusion of my partner who. Old not understand how a fiction book can be such a good read
on 11 March 2013
Another Katie Flynn which I have enjoyed reading,I finished it last evening & feel as if I have lost my friends.Luckily I have A Sixpenny Christmas to read.