5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, cheap multi tools
Published 19 months ago by Dudleian

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but NOT the best small multitool imho
I own a few multitools, including the excellent Leatherman Squirt P4, which is probably the most useful multitool simply because it is always in my pocket on my keys, so is always at hand when needed.
Published 8 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, cheap multi tools, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Bulkier and heavier than many micro tools, but in return you get a robust-for-their-size set of pliers which are perfectly usable. All of the tools work well, but the real gem is the blade for opening tamper-proof clam shell packaging. Clam shells are pretty much impossible to open with your bare hands (I suppose that's the idea), but a snip with the hook shaped blade in this tool. For the money there is nothing to dislike about this tool.

4.0 out of 5 stars compact, 9 Jan 2014
gary mack (oban scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
ideal pocket knife for my daughter whom is in cadets, quality product with ample features without being bulky and heavy

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but NOT the best small multitool imho, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Now, in comparison, the Leatherman is more expensive & appears to have less tools to the Dime. However, I thought the scissors would be particularly handy on the Dime, but unfortunately are fairly useless. The first thing i tried to cut failed. The scissors are very small & not stable enough due to their thinness- when one tries to cut something a little tough, the blades just splay apart instead of cutting. They do not work as well as the compact scissors on a Victorinox knife.
Although the overall size is bigger than my Squirt(an original P4- I see Leatherman no longer has these on their website, but they do have the PS4 which includes scissors), the pliers are actually shorter.
The bottle opener on the dime is larger and always instantly accessible, which is handy if you drink lots of beer?? There is a packaging opener, but I am not convinced about how useful this is. There are also some v basic/crude tweezers which are not as nicely finished as the tiny Victorinox tweezers.
Otherwise there is very little to choose between the two, although The Squirt is more compact & solid & feels & looks like it's been made to a higher standard & quality. The Dimes' individual tools do not pull out as smoothly/nicely & the spring actions do not feel so good.
There are also different types of Squirt to suit your needs; the PS4(general), ES4 (electrical). It's a shame they stopped doing a grey coloured one as this tends to age the best compared to the darker colours which show scratches much more.
In summary, I would recommend the Squirt over the Dime. Yes, they are a lot more expensive, but these last well & are likely to be in ones pocket for years, so I feel the extra is justified for the quality over a long time. Also Leatherman has an excellent customer service & lifetime guarantee- they replaced mine at no cost when I snapped a blade.
I bought the Dime on Black Friday deal for 13. At that price I would say value for money is ok, but I would say that at either the full rrp 30 or even current Amazon price 25 that they are poor quality & value.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Nice little tool, small enough for your key ring. Open it up and start using it and you'll soon realise it's no Swiss Army knife though! It's nice but the quality is nowhere near Victorinox or Wenger. Not bad for the price though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great little tool, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Bought for a friend - made a great present, very small, good for camping/walking as light as well. Would recommend. A lot cheaper than leathermans etc

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. The life time guarantee only apply in America, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Unfortunately mine broke after the first week. Amazon sent a new one without question. So far so good. The life time guarantee only apply in America ? I keep it on my key chain and use it a lot, the paint on the outside chips though. I like the scissors the design is cleaver and the bottle opener is always on hand. With heavy use this May last two years but for 20 it's a well worth buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 7 Mar 2014
M. Pearce "Better read than dead" (Islip, Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
Got this as an Amazon lighning deal and was pleased with it as I saved quite a bit. Don't think it would be worth it at full price but at the reduced price it was. For me, the best two blades are the can opener and the packaging opener.I have either stabbed myself or cut myself many times using an ordinary but very sharp blade to get into plastic packaging and this blade obviates that. The knife is also small and leight enough to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely micro-tool., 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
I thought long and hard about buying this micro-tool from Gerber as all other Gerber tools I looked at came with a lot of bad reviews. However, after researching on You Tube I decided to buy and am glad I did. The Gerber Dime is very small and fits in a tiny pouch (Not supplied) I have connected to my key chain. All tools seem very usable , especially the blade and pliers. Do look around before you buy as prices can vary dramatically. Great item well recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gerber Dime, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
very small multi tool but packs quite a punch. The pliers are sturdier than expected but I would still only use them for small jobs. The blade has a nice belly to it and the package opener is great for a variety of things. Fits well on my keys being so small I would definitely buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green (Sports)
I love gadgets and I love this gadget. I chose it as it suits my needs when bushcrafting. Delivery was also extremely prompt - received the day after ordering! I chose the green and have no complaints

Gerber Dime Micro Tool - Green