Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£27.99+ £1.99 shipping

on 29 March 2012
Following in the footsteps of SF4 (in my opinion the best fighting game of the last decade) SFxT had a lot to live up to. Having played SF4 since it came out in the arcades in Japan in July 2008 i.e. 6 months before it came out on console, I can honestly say releasing SFxT straight to console was a big mistake. With over 30 characters (not including the as yet unreleased 12 DLC characters) there were always going to be a TON of glitches and a similar 6-month arcade-only release would have been the best way to iron out such issues.

The most notable glitch is the sound effects cutting out in online play. Coming after the virtually perfect SSF4AE2012, this problem is shockingly bad and makes SFxT feel like an incomplete product. On top of that, problems with random attacks whiffing, bad direction inputs (up left and up right often coming out as just up) and bad button inputs (MP -> PPP coming out as MP -> LP+HP) also made me feel that another 2 or 3 months work should have been put into development. Once again I stress that these problems are made that much worse if you have been accustomed to playing SF4.

However, unlike some reviewers, I currently give SFxT 3 stars because I BELIEVE it has a lot of potential. If all the glitches can be cleared up, SFxT has the potential to be one of the best fighters of this generation. The mechanics are very different from SF4 so don't expect to win every fight in this game like you did in SF4 ;). One mechanical problem I find at the moment is that if the opponent is mashing LP or LK during your block string, any missed link can easily lead to an 'ABC' combo (what I call L->M->H->H) bringing in their tag partner for a potentially huge combo. Certainly ABC combos make people work less for their wins than in SF4 as punishes are far easier to pull off. Overall, it is fair to say that SFxT is friendlier to the casual player than SF4 (and definitely SF3!!). One slight irritation as well is the incredible amount of overhead attacks that the Tekken characters have; you literally have to learn every single Tekken character's moveset before you have a chance of knowing when in blockstrings to block high and when to block low. This could take considerable time...

I will not comment on the 12 DLC characters as I feel that has more to do with Capcom's integrity rather than the quality of this game.

All-in-all SFxT has the potential to be a solid fighting game. Unfortunately it will never be as good as the 5-star SF4 but if you are new to fighting games and/or don't want to practise 1-frame links for half your weekend then SFxT is definitely the way to go (as long as Capcom clear up all the bloody glitches!!)

The comic book was short but acceptable...
The arcade machine style piggy bank was a bit fiddly to put together but a nice addition to a book shelf.
on 11 June 2012
Game play is between classic SF games and Marvel vs capcom games (combo)
There is minimal Tekken in it (combo) but way to less, and so differnt from the classi Tekken.

Leaking the info that there is DLC before it's out is a de-motivation to buy (it cost around 2x13euro + more fore full DLC)

At begin you feel you got a lot of char to choose, but eventually I think SSF4 got more (maybe it's because you suddenly got halve of unfamilliar char (tekken) to play with)

only positive I can say: nice arcade coins collector in the limited edition
on 17 April 2012
If you're not a fighting games fan, this won't convert you. If you love Street Fighter 4 (or even if you haven't played anything since Street Fighter 2) I'm sure you'll adore this. The game's animation is fantastic, hugely detailed, funny and hugely memorable, the controls are very easy to pick up but tough to become a ninja at (there's a good training mode which is helpful) and the story as good as you'd hope for from a cross-over fighting game. The bonus edition comes with a very, very short comic, which (for all its brevity) is really cool and a very funky little arcade machine money box. I personally don't rate the 'gems' either way, they don't add or detract for me, getting a load extra with the special edition doesn't sway me either way. It's a great cast of characters, superbly drawn, so much fun to play, hilarious dialogue, really, really fun. Love it.
on 31 October 2013
This game is a lot of fun especially with four players in tag teams but it is let down by the way Capcom dealt with the DLC which turns out to be already on the disc and has to be unlocked via PSN and a further £15 to cough up for something you technically purchased with the game.
on 23 November 2013
I love Street fighter and I love Teklen wait they come together and you can choose either characters or mix and match nah I must be dreaming this is ...... Brilliant. Still playing although I get my arse given to me when I go online but hey practice makes perfect
on 4 December 2013
but the arcade cabinet is horribly cheap. its like a plastic 3d jigsaw which you have to add stickers to. On the box it looks great but in reality its a very cheap money box.
Cant fault the seller, would highly recommend
on 11 February 2015
Bought this for my brother who is a big fan of both Street Fighter and Tekken. However, from what he tells me this game does have its glitches and flaws and feels too incomplete and could have been a lot better.
on 4 January 2015
Screw you Capcom for not including the on-disc "DLC" characters in the standard edition and especially this edition. Screw you! Otherwise a fun game.
on 24 April 2015
Great game. Allows 4 players to face off.
on 7 April 2012
It's good, not great, but good. The roster selection is really good (even if most of the SF side are from SF4). The graphics are horrible though, especially in the character intros. I swear, Law's hand is made up of 12 pixels max. Anyway, the gameplay is good. The combos are fun, especially the "if they aren't fully on the ground you can hit them" mentality. It would have benefited with SF3 parries, or SF4 FADCs though, because gameplay feels a little boring, just something to spice it up.

I may be alone here, but I like gems. Giving Zangief power gems that activate with specials, then landing 4 banishing flats, then spinning piledriving with the boosts is awesome. I like the assist gems too. It got a few of my friends interested in it, because it was so easy to do specials. I still win though most of the time (Except when I pick Kuro and Turo...), they aren't a big deal.

There's the DLC issue too. Why did we have to wait so long for free colour packs when they were on the disk?!? Also the characters. It doesn't bother me that they're on the disk, but it does bother me that we have to wait so long to play them.

To sum up, the gameplay is nice and flashy, strong cast, gameplay is slightly stale compared to SF4 or Tekken 6, graphics are terrible, and the fact that the DLC characters don't come out til November or something. Probably in a Super edition too!