5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!! Great read
Published 2 months ago by JanieC93

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money / Marketing magic
I bought this book because of the numerous good reviews; however I have been completely disappointed by it. I am currently studying for a BSc Economics at the University of Nottingham and am on track for a first.

Published 7 months ago by D. J. Carter

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money / Marketing magic, 27 Dec 2013
D. J. Carter - See all my reviews

Firstly it is a WASTE OF MONEY; the price does not reflect the quality of the material. This is the first time in my life when I have felt that I've actually been scammed, because this book offers so little, but had promised so much.

The whole feel of the book is as if some guys have got together one evening and wrote a book there and then, literally no thought has gone into writing this book. It offers advice like listen and make notes in lectures and drink water before you go to bed when you drink alcohol, because this will reduce your hangover.... I mean come on.

Overall this book has been HEAVILY MARKETED as being something that can give you success at university, but I believe in the long-run this book is going to be found out for what it really is, something that has been put together cheaply with little thought about its contents.

This book will not make you succeed in university or help you to get a first. Don't be tricked into thinking this, it is a marketing scam.

If you do need help in organizing your thoughts about university there are plenty of free materials available online offering advice in regards to studying and living whilst at university, by just typing in e.g. "study tips" into google! I hope this review helps you! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!! Great read, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The First Class Formula: All the secrets you should know to succeed at university! (Kindle Edition)
This book is excellent for newer students, especially 1st & 2nd year. It gives clear insight into how to get ahead at university both academically and socially. I've always struggled with exams! So the most useful part of the book for me was the chapter on Exams. It gives the student some great tips and techniques for getting higher marks. I'm studying my masters now and still use the technique 'blind testing' as my favourite method for exxam prep.

Overall a highly recommended read for any student!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious, Insightful & Interesting, 26 Feb 2012
A charming approach to a successful university degree and life. A perfect read for new undergrads or the unique gift for students. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and wished this had been available when I was a student - I would have embarked university with a different thought process.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' for any student, 23 Feb 2012
An essential guide for any student or parent. Taking you to understand university life like no other book. Stongly recommended - a MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ!, 22 Feb 2012
Interesting read. An intriguing insight into life at University. Great book for the money paid and highly recommended to anyone starting Uni!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what my lecturers have been saying the whole time, 7 Jan 2013
Okay, but it's pretty standard stuff, essentially what my lecturers have been saying the whole time anyway! So not much new, if you aren't switched off in lectures or have read any books of this kind before i wouldn't buy it because most of its pretty obvious. But its okay, worth a read i guess...

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st Class Indeed, 28 April 2012
Teaching university students myself, i recommended this book to several students who felt that they could not have both a busy social life whilst still maintaining their grades at university. They thought they would be happy with 2.1 degrees so that they could make the most of university socially. However this book showed them that it is definitely possible to gain top university marks and participate in all social aspects of campus life. A great read, and well done for showing us how its done!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 28 Sep 2013
The author is so motivated, hunger for success, never give in to any excuses. Kick start for a average student to start anew in university

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 5 Oct 2012
Mr. Emilio M. Paiva Brito (Skegness, Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If only I had this book when I was still at University! I urge every student who wants to make the most out of their time at Uni. to give this book a thorough read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Mar 2012
I highly recommend this book! Fantastic easy read and gets straight to the point! All brilliant tips, and with witty headings and snippets of the authors experiences included, its certainly not dull unlike many other "Surviving University" guides! BUY THIS BOOK! You can thank me later! :)