on 4 March 2012
This book was well and truly amazing never read suxh a book before which had everything laughs, sex, and ups and downs from the start to the finish i couldnt put the book down all the things that Becky got up to i couldnt believe it had to wait for a bit to get it on my kindle but it was worth the wait 10/10
on 13 July 2012
I had my own reasons for reading this book - mostly for being nosey.

What a brilliant read though. As a Madam, I didnt realise the stresses and strains of every day life and other people's idiosyncrasies could impact so much in this industry - worse than being a school teacher (though I am sure that might have been one scenario Becky recreated for her punters). Her customers sounded like gentlemen who just had 'needs' and she has some carefully chosen friends who contributed to her life and elements for the book.

I found the book easy to read - not always easy to read from cover to cover in one go because in my life, time doesnt exist like that but, definitely easy to pick up and begrudgingly put down til the end page.

I think this 'Madam' is a particularly amazing woman, keeping and growing her 'business' (despite stiff (?) and often bitter competition), being a mum and a partner to someone who also sounds equally amazing.

Buy it now, you wont be disappointed!!!!!
on 16 July 2012
Despite the cliché of the profession being the oldest, modern literature only seems to portray the extremes. Whether it is the "wonderful life" of Belle, or the abject suffering of the trafficking trade, there is not much in the middle.

Thankfully Madam Becky came along to offer a fascinating and humorous look at both the industry and her life. The life is neither glamorised nor condemned, it is just honest.

It has been written so well that even if you had never entered a parlour before, you can picture the shenanigans Madam Becky paints so well.

Both clients and working girls come across with character unlike the lazy clichés you read in the media. In fact it should be compulsory for Middle England Daily Mail readers to read the book.

Whatever your feelings of this industry, reading MB's words will bring a smile to your face.

I am sure there are many many memories not contained in the book, and if there was a sequel, I would buy it in a shot.
on 30 March 2012
A great book for the more broadminded amongst you. A kind of X-Rated Bridget Jones... An auto-biography written by an extraordinary girl I once knew (from school I would add)... A bargain 1.99 on the kindle. This will be a blockbuster film one day!
on 18 February 2012
Utterly Brilliant

What a brilliant book, not what I was expecting to be honest. A colleague picked it up in Waterstones and gave me it as a joke and I really didn't expect it to be my cup of tea.
Have to say I couldn't put it down. Really funny and moving story and also lifts the veil on a part of our society most of us don't know anything about.
It is well written and fast paced with a steady flow of stories and revelations that keep you wanting to read on and see what happens next.
I had no idea this sort of thing went on in Milton Keynes, but having read the MK News this week there is an article on Madam Becky which highlights some news reports of years gone by involving Miss Adams and her adventures. And here I was thinking Milton Keynes was a quiet, sleepy place!
If you are a fan of tea, ginger nuts, puppets, topless sheriffs, Rolf Harris, or all of the above then buy this book!
on 14 January 2013
Brilliant and true, madam Becky's life is a real eyeopener questioning everything we were brought up to believe about our 'fallen women' she admits the physical side is not her but looks to make the job safer for friends and ends up falling down the rabbit hole into a tsunami of sex,hand puppets and enough relocations that i'm almost shocked she didn't start her own removals company! This rare, honest and frankly hilarious book is a slap in the face for the police and government who do so often choose the soft targets rather than the real criminals ! surely the brothel where the girls are beaten or a drug dealer is better use of their resources than a woman walking her dog in a naughty nurse outfit ......although knowing our police force I rather suspect thats why they were watching !!! A TOTAL TRIUMPH
on 7 May 2012
I have always been interested in sex workers, the law and the injustice that appears to be meted out to those who work to make other peoples lives enjoyable. Here was a book written by a larger than life local Madam.

I have my own signed copy of this master piece bought directly from MB (Sorry Amazon). The start of the book is very revealing. The end of the book brought me to tears, the way society, police, magistrates, the noble do gooders of where she lived and others in the sex industry treated MB and almost brought her down. Almost, because she is still here, selling her book and speaking up for sex workers and their clients.

Well done MB, an excellent book, easy to read, illuminating and a must read for our politicians and certain writers on the Guardian.
on 20 February 2012
This is a must for anyone who has entered into the world of sex for sale, hmm, i think this book is a must read for everyone( over 18's ). Having been caught up in this world for a while all i can say is, i wish i had worked for Madam Becky. This book has you in stitches then tears within a few pages. The way the book has been written is great as you are taken through so many little adventures that turn into huge life changing challengies. Well done MADAM BECKY, the much loved, much envied woman who helped so many along the way and then sat down and told us her exploits loud and proud.Can't wait for some more tales of heartache and joy.
on 18 February 2012
I've waited a year for this book to be published and it's not a disappointment in any way shape or form. Part biography, part political treatise on the injustice in the sex industry and part 'Carry On' farce, this is a book that should be read by anyone who wants to learn about the UK scene to understand the girls, the punters, the prejudice and hilarity that is part of the business.

Becky's writing style is very easy to read and makes you want to keep turning the pages. You'll be through it in no time and probably want to read it again. I've heard there's a book two on the way. I can't wait.
on 6 May 2012
Madam Becky's story is brilliantly written and funny throughout even when describing frightening experiences. How she managed to court publicity over the years as a Madam and yet not get taken to court is amazing.

A word of caution, though. Her experience and that of her working girls is certainly not typical. Another title, Working Girl - my 20 years in the business - by Eliana, a current working girl, is worth reading alongside Madam Becky. Interestingly, in the Kindle category of "prostitution and relevance" Working Girl is ranked Number 1 out of more than 700 titles.