5.0 out of 5 stars A Great R
I didn't really know what to expect when I started to read this book. I certainly could never have imagined the impression it has left on me.
It's fair to say that I had some, probably standard, generalised, pre-conceived ideas about what a brothel was and what the woman who made it her business must be like.
How wide of the mark could those ideas be...
Published on 7 April 2012 by K. A. Wallis

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting stuff
A good journey though her life, full of funny, sad and strange goings on. One for the holiday readers - a pretty good read
Published 6 months ago by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great R, 7 April 2012
K. A. Wallis (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets (Kindle Edition)
How wide of the mark could those ideas be?
Madam is an emotional rollercoaster of a read, full of wit and humility, not to mention a seriously interesting insight into people and their uniqueness (as they say, there's nought so queer as folk!)through the 24:7 routine of a brothel.
It's the story of a woman juggling a career and a family. It may not be everyone's choice of career, but what is certain is that it is the choice of many.
I loved Becky's tenacity and sense of humour in the face of adversity. I haven't been able to put the book down and would recommend it as a very interesting read indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars MIND BLOWING!, 14 Feb 2012
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK...if you have any plans in your diary for the next few days. That includes going to work, feeding children, any housework to do or even needing a shower...it won't be happening!
I had read previous comments on the un-put-down-able book that has just been published; I was now on chapter 20 and had to make the painful decision to put the book down!
The reason I had come to this traumatic decision was I could not bear it to end and knew I would probably end up in some kind of book rehab, so needed to save some for later.
Do not read this book in pubic either. Screaming with laughter on the number 7 bus (I had to go to work) was a very embarrassing moment for me.
If you are in any doubt if some of it's contents are fiction; the stories are so bizarre and funny, you could not make them up!
Do not look for this book in the comedy section though as it won't be there. This book is tinged with sadness, struggle and often very dark in places. It portrays a single mum doing right by her kids and pi**ing alot of people off along the way in the dreary backdrop of a grotty city, where not much ever happens...or so you'd think...!
The best 20 chapters I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good cup of tea and some nice biscuits., 30 Mar 2012
Fiona Jameson "You know what they say about p... (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Life has its ups and downs. But 'Madam' is the roller coaster ride from hell. Hang on tight because it is going to be a bumpy ride. Those looking for cheap titillation move along. This is a gutsy tale of what it takes to survive outside of the law and yet still subject to all the BS and bureaucracy that this country is drowning in. You will meet some amazing characters and some real officious arses, such is the mix of life. But through it all Madam Becky soldiers on determined to protect herself, her friends and family. There are tears and laughter along the way and some eye watering insights into what turns on your non average punter. From Transvestites, to fur fetishists, sports fanatics to pony play, all find their way to the welcoming boudoir of Madam Becky. The tea flows, biscuits are eaten, gossip discussed, as a steady stream of weird and wonderful people pass through the doors of Madam Becky's various business establishments.

Highly recommended if you really want to know what the sex industry of the UK is like to work in.

I look forward to reading more in the future, for if I have one criticism, it is that the book is too short. A real page turner, enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one book you have to read this year..., 28 Feb 2012
I don't very often get around to writing a review but this one is a must!

Becky Adams is a warm and wonderful lady and this book just had it all for me - I couldn't put it down. An absolute page turner. It had me wanting to cry for Becky one minuter and howling with laughter the next.

For entertainment value and for a true and enlightening insight into the sex industry in our country I really recommend you set a day aside to read this. I say a day because once you start, you won't put it down!

Thank you so much Becky and I can't wait for the second book.

Vicki xx

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets (Kindle Edition)
This my first ever review and not usually the type of person who writes them but here goes
At first was not sure if this was a book I would enjoy thinking it would be all cheap innuendo and relying on titillation to keep you engrossed, taking just several days to Finnish the book my pre conceived ideas were completely changed. I found the book to be a fascinating insight to a much maligned profession great pathos and humour would recommend this book to everyone, as for Madam Becky I found her to be a warm caring human being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book amazing!!, 4 Mar 2012
M. White (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This book was well and truly amazing never read suxh a book before which had everything laughs, sex, and ups and downs from the start to the finish i couldnt put the book down all the things that Becky got up to i couldnt believe it had to wait for a bit to get it on my kindle but it was worth the wait 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars X-Rated Bridget Jones!, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets (Kindle Edition)
A great book for the more broadminded amongst you. A kind of X-Rated Bridget Jones... An auto-biography written by an extraordinary girl I once knew (from school I would add)... A bargain 1.99 on the kindle. This will be a blockbuster film one day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets (Kindle Edition)
Really interesting, Frank, funny and weird!!! Really enjoyed it, read it in one sitting! Would recommend to anyone especially a holiday read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets (Kindle Edition)
Very interesting and eventful life story of a former madam. Comical in places, entertaining in others but well written throughout.
Would certainly recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Jan 2013
What can I say, an excellent insight to Madam Becky's life in the business. The book really picked up in the second half and I enjoyed it thoroughly, I would love to read a second book by MB, to see how her story unfolded upto present. A beautiful lady inside and out, thank you for sharing your story!

Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets