5.0 out of 5 stars What a shame there wont be another series :-(
Really enjoyed this, not quite Downtown Abbey, but very enjoyable, disappointing there wont be another series, even my teenage son got into the last couple of episodes!
Published 21 months ago by H

3.0 out of 5 stars So So
For anyone who did not see the original this version is acceptable, and it is good to see Jean Marsh again in the cast, but as the creator of the original version I wonder what she thinks of this one.
After watching this I searched for and found the original and am now very happy to have it. It was superb viewing and a much longer series.
Published 20 months ago by Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars What a shame there wont be another series :-(, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Upstairs Downstairs - Complete Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD] [2011] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent dvd box set, 10 Dec 2013
I bought this for my grandmother for something to watch with her over Christmas as we are both downton abbey fans... I got hooked, loved it, really good series and we had it all watched in 2 weeks we liked it that much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Upstairs and Downstairs, 14 Nov 2013
I loved it so much so that I have now ordered the complete earlier series. For those who enjoy BBC period drama it's a must.
I wrote the above before we watched the second series. The first disc is okay but the episodes in the last go from bad to worse so much so that we didn't bother to watch the final episode. Why did the writers feel the need to include so much smut?

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Series!, 29 Sep 2013
Since I've seen Upstairs on television I've been in love with it! Lovely funny and entertaining characters, Wonderful costumes and the glamorous 1930's atmosphere really makes the whole show very unique. People keep comparing it to Downton (which I love as well) But it's a completely different kind of series story wise. Especially the second series is really good! Get it if you love Period dramas and 1930 music like I do! It's a shame the BBC cut the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Upstairs Downstairs - Complete Series 1 and 2 Box Set [DVD] [2011], 25 Sep 2013
Good price for the box set
excellent production. Clever link with the previous 1970's series.
Will wait for series three

5.0 out of 5 stars Well acted, with quality story lines., 11 Sep 2013
Our regret is that we understand that this series will no longer be continued. Cannot imagine why such a decision has been mistakenly made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than downton, 6 Aug 2013
M. G. A. Sluis (Holland) - See all my reviews
I cannot imagine what the reasons are of stopping these series . They are more lively and "real than Downton I like that one too but let's face it -it is rather sweet So yes I liked these series !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 17 July 2013
Was exactly as I expected. The acting and,production values were of a very high standard. Hope more of these quality programs will be released,.

4.0 out of 5 stars yesteryears, 27 Aug 2012
This series isn't quite up to the class of Downton Abbey,however if Downton Abbey had not have happened we would have nothing to compare Upstairs Downstairs against, as it is probably the 2nd best series portraying this era,and it is sad that the series was restricted to a total of 2 seasons.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So, 15 Aug 2012