5.0 out of 5 stars Good item
As described does the job I'm happy :)
Published 1 month ago by MissHappy

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor!
Steer clear of this company at all costs! I would give them five years (inside) rather than five stars. Unfortunately this page doesn't let me give them a minus zero rating -- otherwise I would do so. Before you order anything, get in writing how much they are going to rip you off to send it, or better still choose an honest company instead.
I added an order for...
Published 21 months ago by Jon Curtis

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor!, 3 Dec 2012
Jon Curtis (Brighton, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 6 Pack Clear Lcd Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 800 (Electronics)
I added an order for 1.70 worth of screen protectors from Memory Capital to the end of my Amazon order for a Nokia Lumia 800 Windows phone and car charger (both of which were delivered free, and promptly, and both of which I have been very happy with) only to have this excellent buying experience, worth in excess of 200 to Amazon, soured by being charged 9.60 for "despatch costs" by Memory Capital for these cursed 1.70 screen savers.
Having failed, for reasons unknown, to cancel this part of my Amazon order online -- the amount isn't very significant but the principle of not being ripped of is -- I tried to get this Marketplace seller to reply -- through Amazon's own complaints procedure -- to my request for an explanation of their charges. Over three days I received only automated responses telling me how dedicated Memory Capital are to the excellence of their customer service. (What a joke!)
On the third day, in desperation, I told Memory Capital that unless they responded to my complaint about their delivery charges I would ask Amex to cancel payment for the part of my Amazon order that related to Memory Capital's goods. I received a dismissive response from Memory Capital that they "do not respond to threats"! It speaks volumes about Memory Capital that they regard a buyer's request that his consumer rights under the Distance Selling laws should be respected as a "threat" and that they feel they can charge your credit card anything they fancy and call it "despatch costs" even though there were in fact no such costs.
When the 1.70 worth of Memory Capital's goods was delivered to me, it was clear from the packaging that the goods had not even been despatched by Memory Capital themselves but by a company called Universal Gadgets. That made Amazon's online claim that the goods I had ordered were being "sold by and despatched by" Memory Capital a misrepresentation (one which I will charitably assume was unintentional, in that they, like me, were not aware of Memory Capital's modus operandi).
I returned the goods to Universal Gadgets at a cost (to myself) of 69p for a Jiffy bag (to contain the small Jiffy bag Universal Gadgets had sent me) and 2.20 Royal Mail postage (the way the package had arrived).
Having returned the goods, I asked Memory Capital for a refund, only to be told that I should reclaim the value of the returned goods (1.70) from Universal Gadgets but that in regard to the despatch costs charged (9.60) they "did not refund postage"! Their actual despatch costs were less than 3, as against the 9.60 they had charged.
At this point, sanity prevailed. Amazon emailed me that they had refunded all costs related to the purchase from Memory Capital to my credit card. That was a little less than 13 (charged for 1.70 worth of goods... which I do not even have).
I am also, of course, out of pocket in respect of the postage and packing costs of returning the goods, but these are only 2.90, which is what Memory Capital should have charged me in the first place.
However that is cheap at the price for the privilege of warning other Amazon customers to steer clear of Memory Capital at all costs. Read their despatch charges policy online yourself -- it is a real hoot, and allows them to charge you virtually anything they like. I will be referring it to the Financial Services Authority.
Am I wrong to believe that a customer, purchasing through Amazon, is entitled to expect that the post and packaging charges associated with any purchase from an Amazon Marketplace Seller should reflect the ACTUAL reasonable costs of packaging and the ACTUAL costs of despatch? Royal Mail got 2.20 for delivering my order while Memory Capital charged 9.60 for sending the goods, by Royal Mail, in a 50p Jiffy bag. Smells suspiciously like a scam to me. (See you in court, Memory Capital, if you like.)
I am only glad that I bought through Amazon. They obviously supported my complaint because they refunded what I was charged by Memory Capital when they saw that I was getting nowhere with that firm. However, I believe Amazon should vet their Marketplace partners more carefully: although presented in Amazon as a Marketplace supplier, this company in this case acted only as an intermediary between me, the customer and a fourth party -- who actually supplied the goods. They made a profit merely by marking-up the real despatch costs by about 300 percent.
Except that in this case they are not going to get paid at all. Thankyou, Amazon, I remain a fan. But next time, please choose your partners with more care. Your customers need to buy from you with confidence. Bad experiences like this damage any good relationship that has been developed with you over the years.
MEMORY CAPITAL! Remember that name! Should have gone to Specsavers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again, 17 Jun 2012
Came on time however wrong size and was just a hard bit of plastic would not stick to phone please do not buy

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 17 Nov 2012
Rubbish does not fit the screen real thick so not good for touch screen as you have to tap hard a good 5mm round the edge...total rubbish do not buy it!!!! I want a refund!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly, 15 Dec 2012
The protectors stop the touch screen working properly had had to take it off just to answer the phone, not what I expected

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy!!!, 9 Jan 2013
Doesn't fit the phone at all & like other people have said its too thick!! Don't buy this item!!!! Complete waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars film, 20 Dec 2012
These are not the best on the market, cheap in every way. Fast post but not easy to fit very thin.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, 13 Dec 2012
Does not fit on the screen, there is an obvious gap from the edge of the 'protector' to the edge of the screen. It looks awful when actually on the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 15 July 2014
As described does the job I'm happy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
very useful

3.0 out of 5 stars screen protectors, 12 May 2014
They're ok & do what they're supposed to do. But not very easy to get on the phone screen & sometimes need ajustment

6 Pack Clear Lcd Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 800