4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and performance
Like at least one other reviewer I have mainly been using Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables to replace my disposable AA batteries very successfully. However, I thought I'd try these Amazon Basic versions because I've had some very positive experiences with various items in the Amazon Basics range to date such as cables, shredders and DVD drives.

These AA cells were,...
Published 16 months ago by Paul Madge

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Batteries?
I received these basic batteries, they come charged but when i use with my current equipment suddendly some of them stop working and they report a tension of 0V.
Also trying to recharge them is useless as the charger doesn't detect them.

Has anyone experience such faulty experience? i have 3 batteries already dead.

Let me know.
Marco.
Published 6 months ago by Marco Montesissa

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and performance, 18 May 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics AA NiMH Precharged Rechargeable Batteries 16 Pack 2,000 mAh (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

These AA cells were, on delivery, close to fully charged (my battery condition meter showed 93% of full charge). Their output of 2000 mAh puts them towards the middle of the capacity stakes - many AA rechargeables are now rated at 2500 mAh or greater but, to be fair, these are "Basics" - a value rather than premium line. Also, in terms of pricing they are good value, to get 16 in the pack at the current price is very competitive. If anything goes wrong there's a good chance Amazon will honour the warranty (and be around to do so).

Physically these Chinese sourced cells look well made and are marked in such a way that the positive terminal is fairly obvious - the green ring on the casing also helps if your sight isn't too good. I do agree with another reviewer it would have been good if Amazon marketed a matching charger. The charger I use is the Technoline BL-700 intelligent charger which, although not cheap, takes a lot of the guesswork out things. I've seen a number of well reviewed cheaper intelligent chargers on Amazon including one by Lloydtron. I find these batteries recharge in about 5/6 hours using my charger.

In terms of performance I've found these Amazon Basic AA cells to be fine - they last an acceptable time in the appliances I've tried them in and have a good immunity to temperature changes. Some rechargeables I've used in things like alarms and trail cameras have difficulty in functioning in the cold - that's not so with these.

Overall, a generously sized pack of medium capacity batteries from a vendor with sufficient clout to offer genuine assurances around quality, performance and safety. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and performance, 2 Aug 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
Like at least one other reviewer I have mainly been using Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables to replace my disposable AAA batteries very successfully. However, I thought I'd try these Amazon Basic versions because I've had some very positive experiences with various items in the Amazon Basics range to date such as cables, shredders and DVD drives.

These AAA cells were, on delivery, close to fully charged (my battery condition meter showed 90% of full charge). Their output of 800 mAh puts them towards the lower reaches of the capacity stakes but, to be fair, these are "Basics" - a value rather than premium line. Also, in terms of pricing they are good value, to get 12 in the pack at the current price is very competitive. If anything goes wrong there's a good chance Amazon will honour the warranty (and be around to do so).

Physically these Chinese sourced cells look well made and are marked in such a way that the positive terminal is fairly obvious - the green ring on the casing also helps if your sight isn't too good. I do agree with another reviewer it would have been good if Amazon marketed a matching charger. The charger I use is the Technoline BL-700 intelligent charger which, although not cheap, takes a lot of the guesswork out things. I've seen a number of well reviewed cheaper intelligent chargers on Amazon including one by Lloydtron. I find these batteries recharge in about 4/5 hours using my charger.

In terms of performance I've found these Amazon Basic AAA cells to be fine - they last an acceptable time in the appliances I've tried them in and have a good immunity to temperature changes. Some rechargeables I've used in things like alarms and trail cameras have difficulty in functioning in the cold - that's not so with these.

Overall, a generously sized pack of rechargeable batteries from a vendor with sufficient clout to offer genuine assurances around quality, performance and safety. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and performance..., 23 May 2013
S. Riches - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are packed in two sets of 6 in a blister-pack which you have to either twist or cut open. They come with a whacking full-charge, and so far that first charge is lasting well in the lighting I am using. Pricewise these stand up well in the market, and as long as you find an easy-to-use charger (and most are) these batteries will be perfect for all those pieces of equipment such as torches, TV remotes, computer mouse wireless units, and for any time when the original recharge batteries eventually die in your walkabout telephone handset, and so on. High-drain useage such as kiddies' remote control toy cars or the charge-up handsets for little flying helicopters etc. will drain these a touch sooner than the non-rechargeable batteries but with 12 of these in a pack it's a simple matter to swap in some fresh ones and recharge the dead ones.
I agree with the review that it would be helpful to customers if a recommended charger(s) was to be also available within ther marketing page of these batteries.
As these do not come in any case other than a pull-apart cardboard cover I'd recommend finding a little storage case to keep them in order, thus avoiding the possibility of the batteries shorting out against each other when rattling around in an untidy bundle. I doubt they have enough wumph to cause a fire, but why take a risk? Good value, decent performance. Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, 28 July 2012
I purchased these to work with two portable phones. Batteries were delivered quickly. Performance is as good as other leading brands. Pre charged batteries have some charge but not full charge when delivered - so at least you know they work out of the box. Well packaged. Impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 22 May 2013
Tim (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These AAA cells arrived fully charged (all were between 1.270 and 1.278 volts), which highlights their greatest strength: very slow self-discharge. Amazon claim that they will retain 80% of their charge after a full year. This is a vast improvement over rechargeable batteries of a few years ago, and has reignited my interest in the technology, since it overcomes the annoyance of rechargables that are half-empty by the time you want to use them.

These AAA cells retain their charge about as well as the first generation of Sanyo's Eneloops. The latest generation Eneloops are a bit longer-lasting still, but this comes at a cost premium. Amazon's cells also store slightly more charge, at a claimed 800mAh compared with 750mAh for the Eneloops.

My one criticism is the supposedly minimal, "frustration free" packaging. You could have fooled me! The 12 AAA cells came wrapped in cellophane, which was inside a first cardboard box (complete with a three-dimensional folded insert) that was sealed with a plastic label that resisted all my attempts to slice open with my fingernail and only succumbed once I brought out some scissors. This first box was then inside a second, even larger box. This second box wasn't very big in absolute terms, but it could probably have accommodated several hundred AAA cells without much difficulty. As I carried the heap of cardboard and plastic to my recycling bins, I couldn't help pondering what Amazon might be capable of if they actively set out to use "positively frustrating" packaging!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 10 Jun 2012
very good product already pre-charged gave a new lease of live to my home phone. i was planning on buying a new home phone untill i discover the precharged batteries and decided to buy if it will work, hurray it did excellent product will recommend it no need to buy expensive battery charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love em., 28 May 2012
Liked these batteries, been using them in a wireless mouse and they seem to last longer than some others i had with a higher mah and supposedly better name (which i wont mention here).

For the price i would say give em a try, you cant lose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good rechargeables, 19 May 2013
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are perfectly good, well-priced rechargeable batteries. They do seem to have a very low discharge rate when not in use so will last well, and their capacity is perfectly acceptable - not the best available but fine for my purposes and good value.

The real test of rechargeable batteries is how many times they can be recharged before failing. These claim 1000 cycles, which I am unable to verify but which is very good if true. I shall, of course, report any problems as they arise, but in general use so far these seem to be a good product at a good price.

(It's a small point, but the packaging is very good - a small, sealed but easily opened cardboard box which can be kept to store the batteries in if needed, and thin plastic film sealing the batteries. It's practical and simple and makes a pleasant change from those packs which seem to require a large toolkit and a degree in escapology to open and then have to be thrown away.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Batteries?, 23 Mar 2014
Also trying to recharge them is useless as the charger doesn't detect them.

Has anyone experience such faulty experience? i have 3 batteries already dead.

Let me know.
Marco.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, so needed at Christmas, 1 Jan 2013
Very happy to buy these on line and at Christmas they are so badly needed and are easy to forget so it is a great way to purchase and will do again in the future.