Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.2 out of 5 stars2,057
Size: 1 ModeColour Name: BlackChange
Price:£1.82+ Free shipping

on 7 January 2015
I bought this when it was very, very cheap, and took a chance thinking "I'll just give it to charity if it turns out to be rubbish." I was pleasantly surprised.

We have Maglites and LED Lensers in the house and cars, so I'm comparing this to torches which cost significantly more.

Very sturdy build. Nice aluminium body.
Very bright for one AA battery.
Beam adjustment works well, and is tactile.

Not built to the same standards as other big brand torches. Little things like the screw that holds the pocket clip on betray the fact that this was manufactured on a budget, but do not detract from functionality or usability.
on 2 September 2014
I received one faulty, tried various times with alternative batteries and even upside down to check. Contacted seller to let them know and their response was that it was probably the battery and to try another. It may be cheap but it should be working and if not, replace it! I'd be more than happy to return the faulty one.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 February 2013
This is a compact torch, just 10cm long and weighs 81g (including battery). It's absolutely ideal to stick in your pocket or backpack and not notice its presence.

It takes an AA (1.5v) battery and has a fair amount of brightness with this battery. However, it comes into its own when used with the confusingly AA-sized 14500 3v rechargeable battery, when the brightness really steps up a couple of notches. Of course this 14500 battery requires a special charger which can add to the overall cost. But it's good to know that if the high power battery runs out you can always stick in a standard copper-top 1.5v AA battery and have a decent level of brightness.

Whatever you do, do not look into the lit bulb area - obvious advice perhaps, but these torches are bright and can easily cause temporary blindness or "spots" in front of your eyes that won't go away for a long time. Guess how I know this?

Apart from the special 14500 battery/charger paraphernalia (which is a one-off purchase, but I've knocked a star off for the inconvenience) this torch is ideal for night time nature walks or just finding your way from the pub back down the country road!

The brightness must be seen to be believed (with the special 14500 battery) - and you have a "zoom" on it too for adjusting from a spot to a flood (the latter is where you'll probably keep it, in reality). You may even decide that the brightness with a standard AA battery is good enough.

A note about night time nature walks: nocturnal animals can be easily blinded by such a high intensity torch. The general recommendation is to use a RED night time light (to which nocturnal animals are far less sensitive) so grab a small piece of red acrylic (or several red toffee papers) and place them inside the front of this torch. You still have a bright red light, easily enough to see by and you won't cause harm to any nocturnal animals you may encounter.

on 24 April 2013
Seems to be quite good quality, and being a CREE light, much brighter than a traditional LED or bulb torch.

I have used it so far with 1 x AA battery. Having read that it also takes a 14500 3.7v rechargeable lithium battery and will be much brighter, I have also ordered.

Be aware that a 14500 battery and charger will cost about twice that of the torch itself, but we're not in Donald Trump territory.

I know that such rechargeable batteries suffer from quick drop-off, and given that 'the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long' (thanks Ridley), I don't expect it to last amazingly either.

If I work out how to update a review I will add how the other battery performs when I get to play with it.

* * * UPDATE * * *

Recieved both the 1200mAh 3.7v batteries and the dedicated charger. Popped one of the batteries in. BLIMEY.

Much brighter. More comparable to my 3xC cell CREE torch available from 7dayshop. In first use, a definitely recommended upgrade. Time will tell if it lasts, but a definite 'show and tell' item for friends.

If I do have a gripe, I personally do not like the 100% / 50% / Strobing cycle of the switch, but my other CREE torch does the same so it seems the done thing. It may be a function for you!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
Working in security, we have big torches we carry around, but don't always have them to hand due to weight and size. This is perfect to attach to any vest, uniform. Small and compact.... there for when you need a torch but didn't anticipate you'd need one. Uses one AA battery. Uses LED bulb. Decent level of light. Perfect for close range i.e 4-5 meters Anythin beyond that, the light dissipates. To switch on, you press the switch. to change to the strobe option, you just need to press half way down. Looks cool, feels sturdy. I've been wearing mine on my overt stab vest under my jacket and therefore it hasn't seen rain yet. I've been carrying it around on me for around 4 months and have only had occasion to use it 3-5 times for periods no longer than a minute each time. Still working on the original AA battery. These are no where near the 'Surefire' standard (which I have owned) but a great practical piece of kit. Compared to the LED Lenser P3BM (£10.99) which I also bought from Amazon, it's not too far off from the P3BM standard but not as good. Due to the price, I will probably be going to get one for the car glove compartment, another for home a swell.
on 5 September 2012
I have lost my jetbeam mini torch, a gift from my boyfriend :( Found this one at very attractive price. It is very bright as a torch but not bright enough to be a defensive weapon. With its adjustable head, the angle of the beam can change from a small but very bright spot to a larger but dim cast. The size is a little fatter and has a little clip, which makes it easy to grab. Strong full metal body with small holes around at the rear that can tie strings through.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2014
these are amazing

they come in a very unsuspecting white cardboard tube that is just the same size of the torch its self
it is small and takes 1 AA battery..
the 1 LED seems like it will not work as it says but i was very wrong

you have to bare in mind the type of batteries that you use.. the cheap ones from poundland and even good quality duracell batteries produce a dull light
however if you put a high power rechargeable battery in then you are laughing.. its very bright and lasts a very long time

there are 2 modes.. press the button once then its a solid beam but if you turn it back off then on very quickly it will turn into a strobe light which is ideal for an emergency which will be seen from miles away

i bought 4 of these on the off chance as they were only £2.50 ish each and im glad that i did.. 1 in each car and 1 in my bedroom
on 8 September 2013
After a few minutes the torch gets so hot you cannot hold it in your hand.
After about 20 minutes smoke came of the front end and the bright white light turned bluish. Now the torch does not get hot anymore but the beam reach barely 10 feet and has 1/10th the brightness of before.
on 8 December 2012
to get the best out of the torch you need a 14500 3.6v battery very good beam it is also good with a aa battery i am very impressed
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This well constructed flashlight is an awesome deal! It sports a newer 3W Q5 LED meaning that it will produce the same brightness a 7W LED does (around 350 lumen) while still retaining great battery life.

Given its diminutive size it is amazing how bright this torch is!

Thanks to the zoom function you could either have a spotlight beam or a wide floodlight effect. I find this feature particularly useful when going for a stroll at night. I set it to maximum aperture, thus covering a wide field of view. If I need to focus the beam on a certain area, a gentle push on the torch head will narrow the beam thus providing more throw.

At this price, this torch is really one of the best bargains available.

Highly recommended.