on 24 June 2014
Installed in minutes in my ThinkPad X220 increased my WEI score a wee bit over the mismatched pair of sticks that were in my laptop when I bought it second hand.

Always wanted a machine with 16GB now I have it, even with multiple copies of Visual Studio open at the same time I am not really using the extra RAM but I will be installing VMWare Workstation or one of the other Virtualisation products and that will use up the RAM (and processor) pretty quickly :)

What can you say, it's RAM it works, it's fast, it's a good brand name, it should be reliable and it was a very good price, price more than anything is what makes this one for me as I trust the brand and know the quality is there.
on 5 April 2014
Having read several NUC reviews, memory white papers and reviewed the Intel NUC support site for memory compatibility I realised 16GB NUC memory purchase was the complicated part and i decided on the Crucial (Micron) 16GB 1600MT/s CL11 [CT2KIT102464BF160B] and I can confirm that this works for me...

Why?

My NUC is UK model (you get a G plug) of Intel Core i5 4250U NUC Barebone with MB D54250WY and BIOSVersion :: INTEL - 19, released 2014.03.03.

If you need / want 16GB of memory for your NUC then you might want to be aware of a few things first:
1. It turns out that memory compatibility with NUC has many considerations especially on 16GB requirements
2. I urge you to look at the intel nuc support site for latest information on bios updates / compatible ram etc
3. you need low voltage ram you must get DDR3L1.35v (note the L on the end and check you really are getting 1.35v compatible chips); the crucial chips appear to support 1.35 and 1.5v (i can't confirm 1,5 as my nuc operates 1.35v)
4. when you use 16GB (2*8GB) you are running the nuc at maximum performance as both memory slots are populated full bandwidth is utilised and this calls for memory and timings that work in harmony with the chipset of the nuc
5. it is possible to go higher than 1600MT/s; and there are review sites claiming success with G.Skill memory however this is not yet endorsed by Intel and I can only say that I stuck at 1600MT/s as the gains reported seem marginal 3-4% in most cases and for me I don't need this on a system I purchased more for the balance of power requirement Vs performance.

i won't go into detail here there are plenty of review sites for NUC and other sites that describe how memory functions however for my usage it is important to get memory that works and will prolong the life of all devices as I intend to have a system up for media duties amongst other things (won't be off vary often) so for me I don't want to push the MTBF down (point 5. re:overclocking memory).

I hope people looking at NUC find this useful; at this time i didn't see too many people reviewing memory compatible with a haswell nuc.
on 4 May 2014
Not quite sure why. Mac seemed to start up OK (and the RAM tested OK) but usually froze before getting to login screen. Suggest getting direct from Crucial to ensure compatibility. Possibly the Mac doesn't like dual voltage RAM - 1.35V is what the computer needs. I returned it for a full refund - full marks to Amazon for that at least.
1313 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2016
Bought the RAM chips for Lenovo Thinkpad X230, Yes I could have got CAS 9 RAM chips I've also used which were 1.5 volt for slightly better performance, these are slower CAS 11, but thought having RAM chips that would also run at 1.35 volts in case I get a device running either a 4th or 5th gen i-Core laptop processor would be more useful than having an extra 1-2% additional performance.

16GB means I have a 1Gb RAM drive - to speed up web browsing, and to point a small swapfile (256MB) to it. Very useful for using virtual machines having the additional RAM.

Can't fault the price, although it has since gone up slightly.

Very reliable RAM - RAM chips labelled as 1.35 volt DDR3L but clearly can run at 1.5 volts and have for the combined total of a number of days now. CPU-ID indicates this RAM chip can run at both voltages.
on 14 September 2014
My laptop (Lenovo U410) shipped with a meagre 4GB RAM, sufficient for the sort of basic computing and light web browsing which is all that most end-users are likely to do, but not enough for demanding work.

The "official" supported limit is 8GB in total, but some research prior to purchase suggested that the motherboard and chipset would happily take 8GB per DIMM, which proved to be the case.

16GB gives me plenty of RAM for multiple virtual machines, enough that the performance bottleneck is now the mechanical disk. Time for an SSD upgrade...
on 2 September 2014
Very happy with this product. Doubled my Dell Latitude E6420 memory, even though Dell and Crucial claim that my laptop doesn't support 16GB. I have run memtest86 and it detected no errors. I encourage everyone who has a Dell laptop and want to more memory to try it. On many forums people claimed that 16GB works with many other latitude series which in theory do not support 16GB. In the worst case you can just send it back.
on 10 February 2016
There are plenty of brands out there when it comes to computer memory, most of them are good. Some of them are very good, loved by the enthusiasts or the fans of the brand.
What caught me here was:
1. The price, it's (probably) the cheapest laptop ram on amazon.
2. The brand is very well known on the market and owned by Micron, they are making the chips (components) so they surely know what they are doing. I believe this as well allows them to offer such a good price.
3. This memory is introduced as dual voltage, this means that you don't need to worry if you will buy the right voltage for your laptop AND that you can use it in your next laptop, which almost surely will be with low voltage.

The modules are working perfectly on my machine (HP 8470p) which is designed to use 1.5v memory.
on 5 January 2015
I bought this to upgrade RAM in my Dell Latitude E6410. The laptop specs claim max upgrade to 8GB of RAM, but in my case it works perfectly with 16GBs. All of the memory is recognised by the system (Ubuntu 64bit). I was able to install the memory following some video guides on youtube. The whole process is simple, you only need a small philips screwdriver.
on 3 March 2016
Easy to install in my 2012 Mac Mini and has made huge difference to performance
on 20 January 2016
I upgraded my Lenovo X220 running on Windoxs 10 using this RAM. The laptop is working effortlessly and with the SSD installed, Windows has never been so fast to boot and to switch off.
Delivery was also extremely fast.