5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for NUC D54250WY
Having read several NUC reviews, memory white papers and reviewed the Intel NUC support site for memory compatibility I realised 16GB NUC memory purchase was the complicated part and i decided on the Crucial (Micron) 16GB 1600MT/s CL11 [CT2KIT102464BF160B] and I can confirm that this works for me...

Why?

My NUC is UK model (you get a G plug) of...
Published 12 months ago by BD

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work reliably in MacBook Pro mid-2012
Not quite sure why. Mac seemed to start up OK (and the RAM tested OK) but usually froze before getting to login screen. Suggest getting direct from Crucial to ensure compatibility. Possibly the Mac doesn't like dual voltage RAM - 1.35V is what the computer needs. I returned it for a full refund - full marks to Amazon for that at least.
Published 11 months ago by Giles Kennedy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for NUC D54250WY, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600 MT/s CL11 SODIMM 204 Pin 1.35V/1.5V Memory Module Kit (Personal Computers)

Why?

My NUC is UK model (you get a G plug) of Intel Core i5 4250U NUC Barebone with MB D54250WY and BIOSVersion :: INTEL - 19, released 2014.03.03.

If you need / want 16GB of memory for your NUC then you might want to be aware of a few things first:
1. It turns out that memory compatibility with NUC has many considerations especially on 16GB requirements
2. I urge you to look at the intel nuc support site for latest information on bios updates / compatible ram etc
3. you need low voltage ram you must get DDR3L1.35v (note the L on the end and check you really are getting 1.35v compatible chips); the crucial chips appear to support 1.35 and 1.5v (i can't confirm 1,5 as my nuc operates 1.35v)
4. when you use 16GB (2*8GB) you are running the nuc at maximum performance as both memory slots are populated full bandwidth is utilised and this calls for memory and timings that work in harmony with the chipset of the nuc
5. it is possible to go higher than 1600MT/s; and there are review sites claiming success with G.Skill memory however this is not yet endorsed by Intel and I can only say that I stuck at 1600MT/s as the gains reported seem marginal 3-4% in most cases and for me I don't need this on a system I purchased more for the balance of power requirement Vs performance.

i won't go into detail here there are plenty of review sites for NUC and other sites that describe how memory functions however for my usage it is important to get memory that works and will prolong the life of all devices as I intend to have a system up for media duties amongst other things (won't be off vary often) so for me I don't want to push the MTBF down (point 5. re:overclocking memory).

I hope people looking at NUC find this useful; at this time i didn't see too many people reviewing memory compatible with a haswell nuc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work reliably in MacBook Pro mid-2012, 4 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 24 Jun. 2014
Installed in minutes in my ThinkPad X220 increased my WEI score a wee bit over the mismatched pair of sticks that were in my laptop when I bought it second hand.

Always wanted a machine with 16GB now I have it, even with multiple copies of Visual Studio open at the same time I am not really using the extra RAM but I will be installing VMWare Workstation or one of the other Virtualisation products and that will use up the RAM (and processor) pretty quickly :)

What can you say, it's RAM it works, it's fast, it's a good brand name, it should be reliable and it was a very good price, price more than anything is what makes this one for me as I trust the brand and know the quality is there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for virtualisation and other RAM-hungry work, 14 Sept. 2014
My laptop (Lenovo U410) shipped with a meagre 4GB RAM, sufficient for the sort of basic computing and light web browsing which is all that most end-users are likely to do, but not enough for demanding work.

The "official" supported limit is 8GB in total, but some research prior to purchase suggested that the motherboard and chipset would happily take 8GB per DIMM, which proved to be the case.

16GB gives me plenty of RAM for multiple virtual machines, enough that the performance bottleneck is now the mechanical disk. Time for an SSD upgrade...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good upgrade, works perfect (even though my Dell E6420 laptop in theory doesn't support 16GB), 2 Sept. 2014
Very happy with this product. Doubled my Dell Latitude E6420 memory, even though Dell and Crucial claim that my laptop doesn't support 16GB. I have run memtest86 and it detected no errors. I encourage everyone who has a Dell laptop and want to more memory to try it. On many forums people claimed that 16GB works with many other latitude series which in theory do not support 16GB. In the worst case you can just send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Smashing Great, 19 May 2014
J White (South East UK) - See all my reviews
Bought a bunch while on special offer, arrived within days, are great quality & work as they should.
Gotta love that kinda deal :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapppointing - will review again if returns procedure rectifies this!, 21 April 2015
Kit delivered but only ONE module in the box i.e. 1 x 8GB and not 2 X8GB delivered.
Not convinced this was a genuine error box was originally labelled as 1 x 8GB but a another label had been stuck over the top indicating that it was a kit of 2 modules, when it obviously wasn't.Item returned for replacement. Let's see if we fair any better through the returns \replacement procedure!

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop upgrade, 29 April 2014
At last now able to run better more up to date better software and my laptop runs faster too, Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latitude E6410 upgraded to 16GB RAM, 5 Jan. 2015
I bought this to upgrade RAM in my Dell Latitude E6410. The laptop specs claim max upgrade to 8GB of RAM, but in my case it works perfectly with 16GBs. All of the memory is recognised by the system (Ubuntu 64bit). I was able to install the memory following some video guides on youtube. The whole process is simple, you only need a small philips screwdriver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed demon, 6 April 2014
Excellent, and according to all the hardware tests, perfectly flawless memory at a very decent price.

Will purchase a few more for my wife's laptop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›