5.0 out of 5 stars Memories
We bought this picture frame because we take all our photos digitally now, and we hardly ever get to see them.

I wanted a frame that was large enough to see easily, and that could be left on all the time, so we could see our photos any time we were in the room.

I initially looked for a frame that was very low energy, that could be left displaying...
Published 17 months ago by K&J

3.0 out of 5 stars NIX 18.5 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame
This is probably the best photo frame that I have bought. It is easy to set up and use and the quality is very good. The motion sensor works very well, however if you are wall mounting this as I have down it does have it's draw backs. Once mounted, you cannot get to any of the buttons/switches on the back, or to the sd card slot without sliding it out of the mount which...
Published 5 months ago by Philip Macve

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent service. Well packaged and padded, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: NIX 18.5 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame, with Motion Sensor, 4GB USB Memory, Photo, Video & Music - X18B (Camera)
Ordered on Sunday 3rd August and delivered on Tuesday 5th, excellent service.
Well packaged and padded.
The display is clear and crisp and it deals with different file sizes and picture resolutions with no problems.
The human sensor works fine.
Assuming it remains reliable then I would consider it a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item..!, 16 Feb. 2014
Given this item 5 stars as it ticks all the boxes that I wanted. Excellent picture quality and you can see the image from across the room as the screen is so large. Full of features including adding music to your slideshows. Been after this for a while as it has been unavailable on Amazon and even better at the £199 price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one you will not regret, 13 Oct. 2014
My second Nix frame (1st a 15inch in front room), bought for the kitchen/diner, mounted to wall on a tilt/turn wall mount,(this is so I can view pictures at what ever location I am in).
Motion sensor is great addition to the frame and works well (have made myself 'jump' several times when going into the darkened room).
Picture quality is excellent and no dead pixels.
All photos cropped and saved off from either Tiff or PSD into Tiff at Adobe 1998 colour space and then resized to native resolution of 1366 x 768 with FastStone Photo Resizer 3.3.
I tend to use the split screen and shuffle mode the most as this allows up to four pictures on screen at once depending on picture orientation (4 up landscape, 2 up portrait, 1up portrait and 2 up landscape)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 5 Oct. 2014
Excellent, the display is extremely clear and the motion detection works a treat. Worth the additional cost. I purchased 2 previous digital photo frames from another supplier they were of inferior quality and did not last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just incredible, 6 Oct. 2014
I chose this product after looking at a large number of of different frames. This is possibly the best frame in sight. I heard it is easy to put together and set up. I particularly wanted the motion sensor as it is a good energy saving device and i am so glad this device has it. I haven't seen any good reviews for using videos, but it works very well for my needs – good clear picture with a wide angle of vision. It stands alone, but I would like to be able to hang it on the wall (i don't know if it does), and i'm sure i can just buy some sort of frame which works as well.
Overall i think this product is sure worth buying as it is just incredible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 11 Mar. 2015
V. L. Marsh (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this digital photo frame to show off my images at wedding fairs (I'm a photographer). It's been absolutely brilliant. I especially like the motion sensor to save power when nobody is in the room! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there's no folder structure and it separates video from still images so you can't play them together, which would have been quite useful. Also it says it supports MP4 files, but it wouldn't play mine - I had to convert them to avi (which is fine, as the software they recommend to do this works well).

3.0 out of 5 stars Even Better!, 3 Dec. 2013
This is my second digital photo frame from NIX - having first purchased a 12 inch frame a while ago and been really impressed with the quality of the product, the display options and - having used it for several months - the sustained picture quality. I decided to go for the larger frame to use as display for my ever growing portfolio of photography project pictures, but my wife has now commandeered it and it has taken pride of place in our living room displaying family pictures in split screen mode!! The large screen allows you to use the split screen function without having to squint to see the cropped portrait images in smaller frames, and the motion sensor is just great as it avoids having to guess when to set the timer for.

One small improvement that I would love to see is a more flexible split screen function to allow landscape pictures, in particular, to randomly show as a single frame - as all the landscape photos are effectively limited to a quarter of the screen size - which is in any event about the same as a small photo frame. so not a train smash I guess this may be a software limitation, but would be a really "nice to have" enhancement.

Update - after a few months of use the supplied USB stick suddenly failed - all of a sudden it could not be accessed and on checking it says format is not recognised and when trying to re-format it says it is write protected so one useless USB stick!! Luckily I have a back up, but after a second failure to read another USB stick after two days I have abandoned the idea of using a usb and am trying an SD card - so far, so good. Sadly I have had no response from NIX customer service, hence my changing my rating

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive customer service and a snazzy frame!, 4 Nov. 2013
After experiencing troubles with the frame (see below for my first review), the customer service at NIX contacted me almost immediately offering what I can only describe as a brilliant offer. While explicitly making it clear that they do not want the faulty frame back, they sent me a brand new one, free of charge. Thank you for this!

As for the frame, I got it for a 3 week-long art exhibition to display a video (btw, the sounds is amazing, I completely wasn't expecting such a high volume!) One of the most brilliant qualities of the frame I think is the motion sensor which allows me to keep my work up for the whole duration of the exhibition without worrying: the frame automatically turns off after a set time (you can adjust that according to your preferences) of not sensing any movement and then immediately turns back on again when someone is in its vicinity. The motion sensor works like a charm (it's very sensitive, which is a great PLUS).

The colors are good (you can adjust contrast, brightness, saturation etc) and the frame itself looks very sleek. (PLUS)I've had several people commenting about how nice it looks and I agree, it's a very elegant piece of equipment.

I can now say that I'm a happy customer! :) Thanks again for your generous gift, NIX!

-----------------
Original review
(I'll start off by saying that the frame is mediocre (in regards to the screen quality) and continue by adding that it's missing one pixel in the left middle side of the screen and a CLUTTER of pixels about 3 cm wide near the bottom. For the price, this is completely unacceptable and unfortunately I cannot send it back due to practical reasons (I need it for the next 3 weeks for a presentation and it is too late to get another one).
I'm so sad about this purchase)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen for pictures, 30 Nov. 2014
Didier Rabaland "DiD" (London) - See all my reviews
Excellent screen for pictures. Shows pictures in original format or in 16/9 format (stretched). Motion sensor is great to save energy (starts automatically and shut down after set duration). Only drawbacks are shuffle mode which is not real (shows random picture from list each time so can show several times the same one within the same list) and size of slideshows (ca. 1000 pictures max).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sight impaired viewers, 29 Aug. 2014
The frame gives excellent results and is easy to set up and use. My wife has a sight impairment and has a much better view of our photos than she can get on the camera, pc or wide screen tv, so the frame does exactly what we wanted it to do. I would highly recommend it to other people considering it, whether clear sighted or not.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›