5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another move to France book
May I begin by saying that I seriously doubt that this is the authors real name, just to clear the matter up for any of our Amrican cousins who weren't sure.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published 10 months ago by Mariners 265

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another move to France book, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sell the Pig: a travel tale with a twist (Sell the Pig series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I chose the book from a small selection on a Memoir interest Facebook page, as my prize winnings for a caption competition on there. My choice was purely influenced by the title of the book (I am currently experimenting with charcuterie) and the author's postings on this page. I thought I would enjoy it, given her sense of humour.
I was, of course, completely wrong about just about all of my preconceptions regarding this book. I had imagined a delightful escape to rural France romp.
On the one hand I felt slightly duped into reading a book which turned out to contain subject matter which I would normally cross roads, if not rivers, to avoid. On the other hand I feel almost priveleged to have been taken alongside her Mother's slow and horrific descent into a world of memory loss, frustration and sadness. A journey that once I had begun, I was unable to wrench myself away from.
Tottie Limejuice's book brought out deep emotional responses in me, I was dreadfully sad, then angry, but never bored. The book leads you through the corridors of the dreaded care homes and then deeper into the parts of your mind that you'd prefer to leave firmly shut.
Sell the Pig is another "let's move to France" book. It has no pigs in it and I commend it to you thus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sell the pig? Buy a pen full!, 25 Feb. 2012
Tottie Limejuice must really have been sat down, having a blather with me at my kitchen table. Well, that is what it felt like.
Always 'pint half full', Tots embraced life's frustrations with humour and charm. Honestly, I only put it down twice. I am looking forward to the next entertaining episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother, mother, it's a great read ...., 23 Feb. 2012
A moving but humourous tale of uprooting an unusual family from various parts of England to the Auvergne. The only thing I missed was photos as I wanted to see whether the actual faces matched up to those I created in my imagination from Ms Limejuice's marvellous words. The book ended with a cliffhanger and I'm waiting with eager anticipation for the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshingly honest, good read., 26 Feb. 2012
Several years ago I vowed never to read another book about expats moving to France. They were all the same, some funnier than others and a lot same old story. One in particular put me off, I thought, for life, however when Tottie announced on Twitter that she has written one herself my curiosity was immediately aroused. I have followed her 'story' of coping with her Mum & living in France on Twitter for a couple of years and it always amazed me how she coped and managed to see everything with a touch of humour.

Her book didn't disappoint. When reading it my emotions swung between laughter, sadness, frustration, anger and sheer disbelief. It is written in true Tottie style; always look on the bright side of life...

My only criticism is that it wasn't long enough! I wanted to read more and am looking forward to her next installment of how they settled into the pink house and life in France.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel memoir with a difference., 5 Feb. 2015
Kept me company during my days under the duvet fighting off a cold/virus.

This isn't any ordinary travel memoir from the author Tottie Limejuice who I met on Twitter. Tottie certainly has a way with words, nothing boring here folks. We've all read books about 'My life in France and why I moved to France for a better life,' well this one is completely different because of the specific way it is told. Together we see through Tottie's eyes, told in a humorous way, why she took the decision to uproot from the UK and settle in France with her elderly mother suffering from dementia.

Great read that will have you chuckling out loud in parts and cringing in others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 5 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed this book, the trials and tribulations of moving to France together with alcoholic brother and elderly mother. How brave is that? It had me laughing out loud and I must have driven my husband mad reading excerpts out to him time and again. I look forward with anticipation to the sequel

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 5 Sept. 2013
I read this book and couldn't put it down,my dad got dementia,I have same problems with care homes,a must read book,will be buying is that the billinge lump,can't wait,plus I was born in billinge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 5 Sept. 2013
This book is an excellent read. I read it over a couple of days and couldn't put it down. Funny and sad and thought provoking. I'm going to read the sequel on my next holiday in France

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read!, 20 Feb. 2013
This is the story of a lady who makes the move from rural Lincolnshire - like myself - to rural France - like myself. Though the similarities between us end there.
Whereas I came over here as a fresh-faced 22 year-old (ah, those were the days!) dragging a couple of suitcases along on a Eurolines coach, Tottie makes the move much later on in life, together with her 90-year old mother, who suffers from vascular dementia, and her brother and his depressed dipsomania. Oh, and we mustn't forget Meic, her epileptic dog. All of them, with a nurse and carer accompanying them for the trip, in a motorhome and an old van.
It's a very touching read that takes us back to Tottie's childhood and around the UK and France, as we learn about her family and her later quest for a new home, somewhere to live her dream and let her mother enjoy one final adventure. Tottie's style is open and honest, raising a smile here and touching a nerve there.
I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed not to learn more about their actual life in France. However, this book is really about the search for their new home and how they make their move, so I guess that means that the adventures they experienced once settled in the Auvergne are yet to come!
An entertaining, very well written tale, and I look forward to the next instalment!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 11 Jun. 2014
Reading the reviews I thought this would be exactly the book for me. I was not bowled over. It was a pleasant enough read but I did not really get involved with the characters and most of the humour passed me by with only the odd smile. I don't feel excited about reading the next book. As I have recently moved to live abroad (admittedly not to France) I suppose I expected to be drawn in more but I just found it all a bit juvenile and irritating.