5.0 out of 5 stars I learned a lot with this book
I was new in Jquery Mobile. With this book I learned the main concepts, with simples examples, which they have a nice format and comments. The book has a nice structure, and is easy to read. For me I feel fine for buying this book.
Published on 4 Aug. 2012 by Fran

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the basics
Published on 20 July 2012 by Stuart

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the basics, 20 July 2012
This book, jQuery Mobile: Up and Running, is fine in some respects but feels incomplete in others. As someone who had never used jQuery Mobile before, the book helps you get to grips with the general design/layout/look-feel of your web-app fairly easily and painlessly, but it does assume the reader has some prior experience of 'normal' jQuery. The book falls short when it comes to doing something other than loading a new page off a web server using AJAX for example. What if you've created a form and want to capture events from a particular element? What if you want to pre-select certain options on a form programmatically based on previous settings, etc? This can be done but it's taken me quite a few google searches to get the answers (some of which I'm still searching for). The other annoying thing about this book are the repeated plugs for the authors other book, particularly at the start of this book, one plug would have been enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars mobilexweb.com --> I never want to see a reference to it again, 6 Mar. 2013
G. M. Seed "gmseed" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The continual references to mobilexweb.com are sickening. I would prefer to see a little more imagination and modesty. Several Figures [eg; 2-15] are unreadable by the naked eye and require a magnifying glass. As to the jQuery content, I found little additional to that attained from the excellent jQuery and jQuery-mobile websites.

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned a lot with this book, 4 Aug. 2012