4.0 out of 5 stars Not such a tiny little Wheatley!
Published 3 months ago by Heather

2.0 out of 5 stars i was sent the wrong item
they sent me a turret figure instead (although the receipt said wheatley) so i arranged a return and re-ordered. Then I started receiving emails I had not returned it and as it was such a cheap item, it was not worth recorded delivery. So now I have paid double for it.

Published 5 months ago by C. Cresswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not such a tiny little Wheatley!, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
I bought this keyring as it seemed a bit more interactive and fun than other Wheatley keychains, and in that respect it has not disappointed. The model does a pretty good job of recapturing the character's remarkably expressive simple design as his plastic limbs/brows can be moved up and down to make him look surprised, angry, etc. Like the model as a whole, they are fragile and wouldn't stand up to rough treatment, but as moveable parts they add a lot of charm. The bright blue LED eye-light is very, very strong, making it handy for tracking down stuff in the dark (it's really nice to have a visually appealing figure that also has a use value in keeping with his design in the game - more merch like this, please!) but also a risk for younger children who might be tempted to look directly into the beam or shine it in other people's eyes. The sturdy on/off button and battery compartment are built into the sides of the body in a way that is generally cosmetically appealing and complements the good attention to detail that typifies the toy as a whole. The cylindrical packaging is reasonably secure and smart, and contains a leaflet detailing the battery replacement procedure with photos. I've not had to change the battery yet, but it seems quite simple.

Unfortunately Wheatley falls short of a perfect score due to the general build quality and size. Your mileage may vary, but my figure arrived with some unsightly brown glue lines sealing the two halves of the body together, although these are only visible upon a close inspection. Likewise, there
is some slight fluffing of the grey paint lines, but nothing too conspicuous from afar. Along with the delicate thin plastic used for most of the figure I would have accepted these as the inevitable flaws of what is clearly a mass-produced toy, but in all honesty I was expecting something a little more robust for the price. Additionally, while other reviewers have complained that the figure is too small, I am a bit disappointed that it is too large to fit comfortably in most pockets (it is roughly the size of a golf ball). I really wanted to be able to cart Wheatley around with me on my work keys, but the figure's fragility and size mean he spends most of the time on my shelf or safely unclipped in a handbag. This is a great little figure on the whole and one you'll want to show off, but I can't say I've been able to get all the enjoyment out of it that I hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little toy., 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
I got this as a gift for my brother who is obsessed with video games. He seems to like it and it's so awesome I was almost tempted to keep it myself. The only minor issue was when he connected it up to the testing facility it tried to kill us and take over everything. Other than that it's absolutely brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
it is a must have for all portal fans! its so well detailed and good looking the only problem is that its a bit too big to be a practical key-chain

5.0 out of 5 stars One for the pyjama pocket, 28 Jan 2013
Mrs. Jean L. Evans "Jean E" (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
This is an excellent item for enjoying after playing the video game. Can fit in the pj pocket and send them off to dreamland

2.0 out of 5 stars i was sent the wrong item, 9 July 2014
C. Cresswell (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight

The item itself is reasonable, and about the size of a golf ball. the LED does actually work as well! i would have enjoyed it more if I had not been ripped off though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Detail, Works Well, 13 Feb 2014
Mr. D. J. Wood (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
Works well and it looks great.
Got it for my brother, he liked it.
Be careful though, it is really bright!

1.0 out of 5 stars just ok really, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
expensive for what you get really not good value for money doesnt do anything a very throw away sort of item

5.0 out of 5 stars wheatley ahoy, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
kids love it, they love the game so want the merchandise, nice bit of kit but a little on the small side

2.0 out of 5 stars TEENY TINY!, 15 Dec 2013
L. M. Harvey "simcrazy" (cleveland, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
This is ridiculously small. I am very disappointed in the size of it and so will my son on Christmas day.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight
Great wee novelty gift for my gamer daughter, was much bigger than i expected so will make a good torch for reading etc.....love it ;-)

Thinkgeek Portal Wheatley Led Flashlight