5.0 out of 5 stars An agenda for hope.
Published on 16 Sep 2012 by C. R. Todhunter

3.0 out of 5 stars informative
Not whistles and bells, but informative - if like me you don't understand economics or the current unending crisis. Contains some popular well known figures - don't regret purchasing it. Necessary viewing really.
Published 6 months ago by Sorted!

5.0 out of 5 stars An agenda for hope., 16 Sep 2012
C. R. Todhunter "Christod" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
This film is such a thorough and well presented look at the current world situation and what to do about it that I have been fired up to talk about it and get it seen by as many people as I can. It is well balanced and well paced. The book is also excellent and fills in some of the holes. For example the film seems to imply that the returning to the gold standard would be a good thing but the book makes it plain that this is not what is being advocated.
Buy it, watch it, show it to your friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will change the way you see the world., 15 April 2012
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
I became interested in economics and politics after watching some documentaries, but I wanted to learn more. I wanted to know how the system actually works. This film does that and more. It informs you about the modern world we live in , how we have all been taken advantage of and how we could go about changing it. You don't have to know anything about economics or politics to understand this film, the facts are obvious; it is about power and money.
The film is set out in a very refreshing way, there are interviews with 23 world experts on finance and economics, and when any economic jargon arises there are intriguing animations to explain them clearly.
This film discusses how society has been distracted not to question the banks' practices, and compares the western empire to previous empires in history and how we are seeing the tell-tale signs for the beginning of the end.
The film doesn't just talk about "banking" as the problem to the economy and the people, but also how resources, "terrorism", the military/industry complex and so on, all link to together to serve the corporations and governments.
The most interesting part of this film for me personally, was the part on Fiat money; this is the way most currencies in the world works. It allows banks to generate money from thin air and then charge interest which has lead to the de-evaluation of money, which causes inflation and again expands the rich poor divide.
Honestly, I think this is one of the best documentaries I have watched. It is a great foundation to learn about the systems we have created and how they are now failing. Extremely informative, witty, engaging but frightening as well.
The DVD also contains extras such as the making of the film and interviews.
"Don't ask for change, Demand it."

4.0 out of 5 stars Why not include English subtitles (otherwise I would have given a 5 stars) with the DVD ?, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
I received a nice box with a precious DVD, precious in a sense of information inside this DVD.
I was and still am very happy with this DVD about the world paradigm shift.
But why on earth did they, the producers, not included any kind of subtitles within this DVD ?!
At least for educational purpose, it would have been essential.
For me, it was very hard to get all the lines... My mother tongue being French, I made all I could to understand it all at first time !
I have seen at least 5 times and I will see it again, but it would have been much more powerful with a clean and intelligible subtitle.
Concerning the info inside, well, they all repeat the same idea that the world is changing, even if we don't want to see it happening, so we better have to know it rather than being surprised...
But the most amazing idea is the cycle of empires during the ancient times...
I recommend it very strongly to all people looking for a real source of information, without any conspiracy behind !

I can't wait for another documentary coming from Ross Ashcroft.

Thank you !

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Horsemen is a must have DVD, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
Four Horsemen is a truly marvelous film. It is so important that it should be shown immediately on mainstream TV. But it won't be. Four Horsemen contains information that the privately run banking industry and their politician puppets really really do not want you to know. You will learn from some eminent speakers how the multinationals and private banks, through lobbying and funding political campaigns, have bought politicians who, in turn, have created an economic system that benefits the rich at the expense of we the people. Unbeleivably, our politicians have agreed to decriminalised the activities of bankers and the latter have been released on an orgy of speculative greed, bringing the financial system to its knees. The politicians now expect us pay for it, explaining that there is no alternative. You will also learn how there is an outright banking fraud at the very heart of our economic system - fractional reserve lending. The latter is the ability of banks to create money out of thin air, lend out this fiat digital currency and charge us interest on it. FRL is a legallised fraud, a counterfeiting scam that has had devastating effects on the lives of ordinary people. There is much more in the Four Horsemen and everyone who wants to know how the world really works should have access to the knowledge contained in the film. You will not find this essential knowledge in the TV news or in the newspapers. Its a secret! The Four horsemen is 10.99 which, for some, in these days of unnecessary austerity, might be expensive. Here's how to get it for no extra expense, whilst at the same time striking back at the powers who have sought to keep you in darkness and debt slavery. Simply cancel your newspapers for a few weeks and use the money to get the Four Horsemen. This would be the savvy thing to do if you seek freedom and care about your own future and that of your children. Are you someone who is going to do the right thing?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 11 Nov 2013
N. Glover "NNNick" (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
Four Horsemen is a quite fantastic (albeit brief) consideration of the democratic and socio-economic ills of our time. Often enraging, sometimes hopeful and always insightful, time spent with this film will rank amongst the best hour and forty minutes of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overview, 22 Nov 2013
B Gorman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
Condenses many of our crucial problems and makes them accessible for most people to understand. It's not perfect; guilty of (admittedly rare) emotional over-simplifications and sometimes should really delve deeper into things. But I think this is meant to be an introduction to many alternative ideas by, in particular, exposing the colossal flaws of our power structure (in particular, the inherent government sycophancy towards criminal corporations), and for that purpose, Four Horsemen is as good as anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent analysis of our time and civilisation, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
....by some really smart people.

Instead of giving my opinion or some deep analysis of the movie, I will just quote one of the most significant comments in the movie. One might say the whole (hi)story is mainly about that:

When plunder becomes way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. (Frederic Bastiat)

5.0 out of 5 stars must see, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
excellent film a must see for anyone who cares.cuts through the crap offered up by the state sponsored media.Watch this film!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Horse Men, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
A very telling and informative look at the economy, the economic theory behind it, what is wrong with it and how and if we can fix it. I found the film grossly addictive to view yet relatively simple to follow and make sense of. I would strongly recommend this film to anyone involved with economics, or who just has a genuine interest in the workings of the financial system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and truthful, 24 Jun 2013
M. Bazell (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Four Horsemen [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this film explained well the corrupt nature of the economic system and the contradictions of the free market. Something that should be watched by as many people as possible.

Four Horsemen [DVD]
Four Horsemen [DVD] by Ross Ashcroft (DVD - 2012)
11.27