on 22 February 2015
Followed the instructions, and all seemed well, it picked up the router, and gave me a big tick to say all ready. Unplugged it from my computer and placed it where I wanted, nothing.
Had to find the support number on the internet, and spent an hour on to a man in Malaysia, and it then seemed to work, though I was getting under 1mb download speed. The man told me that where I had gone wrong was trying to use both networks, and to ignore the 5 GHZ network, which I thought was part of the reason to have it.
Went away for a couple of days, and when I got back, thought the light was blue, nothing.
I rang customer support again, gave them my reference number, and then spent an hour and a half getting nowhere. The lady I spoke to didn't have good English, and whatever she tried didn't work.
I gave up, packed it up, and it went back to Amazon next day.
on 19 July 2013
Easy to set up, indicates it's receiving the wifi signal but, it simply doesn't make any difference to the expanded coverage signal. It's an expensive heap of junk, Save your money.
on 8 February 2013
I have set up this wifi extender at home to reach the outer most edges of the house. While the design looks great, it doesn't perform well.

I have tried:
(1) Pairing it up with Virgin Media Superhub.
(2) Pairing it up with Linksys Router.

I also used various devices to connect to it and tested it out. I have used
(1) Android phone
(2) Windows Phone 8
(3) BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
(4) HP laptop running Ubuntu/Windows 7
(5) MacBook Air running MacOS X
(6) Fujitsu laptop running Ubuntu/Windows 7

But the connection is patchy at the best. I have thoroughly tested this extender, and I would like to strongly discourage you from buying this product. (And yes, you guessed right I work in IT.)
55 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2013
This is the 1st time I've been compelled to write a review. We took the lunge and bought this, the other option is to use metres of ethernet cables. This has 4 ports built in to the back and nicely links our amp, sky box and blu ray player to the internet making navigation by tablet really easy. The signal strength is very good and once it settled down after the 1st couple of days has not had to be re-set. Very easy to set up on our iMac.
on 24 September 2013
There is a positive review on here from Dave M and I entirely endorse his comments, I can't see why some owners are so negative. I followed the advice on changing the SSID and it worked fine with my new Billion Bipac 7800DXL, we have seamless transition from Billion to Belkin and good dual band signal all over a large single storey property. Thank you Dave M and Belkin.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Belkin Extender is very straightforward to set up. I used the Quick Start guide, followed the instructions and used the supplied network cable to attach the Extender to my computer. I then disconnected my computer from my existing wireless router. All I then had to do was open a browser and type the given link into the address bar. The on screen instructions helped me identify my wireless network and enter the password I use on my existing router. A new wireless network was created with the same name as my existing network, but with _xt at the end. It also offered to let me connect to a second wireless network at a different frequency, but as I only have one network I skipped this option. It worked straight away and I was then able to connect wireless throughout my house, whereas I was only able to do this downstairs before. The only issue I encountered was when I had to switch off my main wireless router, as when I switched it back on the Belkin Extender did not immediately connect to it. I had to unplug the Belkin Extender and plug it back in again before it would work. Highly recommended.

Pros
Quick and straightforward to set up
Has extended the network throughout the house very successfully
No problems encountered since set up
As good looking as an extender can be! it's is shiny black and very sleek
4 ethernet ports

Cons
Nothing encountered so far
on 18 February 2015
Divide works excellent in doors. Haven'tried outside as yet. Instructions are abysmal. I'm reasonably computer literate, but took me many attempts/combinations to set up. Ended up doing wire free which is not even discussed in the package instructions. Otherwise, as a product, seems to live up to manufacturer claims so far.
on 24 March 2013
Nice looking item. Well packed with adequate instructions. Set up easy - initially we had a few problems connecting our iPads/ tablets to it but it didn't take long to find out what to do. Working well now and we have even connected our TV to it wirelessly. Good value for money and seems reliable.
on 11 January 2013
Very simple to set up (2 minutes and easy instructions). We have 3 storey house with thick walls. Previously poor reception on middle floor and none on top floor. Now have full reception throughout whole house. Excellent product even though not cheap it is well worth the money
on 29 August 2013
Its great when it works. Prety easy to set-up, but it frequently needs to be reset (don't know why it looses its signal). This is frustrating when I sit in my outside office and realise that I have to go back in the house to reset it.