on 7 November 2012
It cleans our inset multi-fuel/wood-burner perfectly.

The filter is easily removed if it needs cleaning although we haven't had to do this yet as there has been no loss of suction.

No sign of any dust/ash escaping when it's cleaning either.

I wish it had a cable tidy but this isn't enough to mark it down from 5 stars

Thoroughly recommended.
on 23 September 2012
Fantastic cleaner, it has a powerful suction, easy to use and clean after use.... even used it to vacuum the car!! Would highly recommend it.
on 17 December 2012
I have been using the cleaner now for a few weeks to clean my multi fuel stove. The cleaner is small and compact and performs really well. However one thing i did change was the metal end fitting which attaches to the hose to a plastic one. As i found it was easy to mark the paintwork on the stove door with the metal one.
on 26 November 2012
I was sceptical of ash vacuum cleaners but this one is first class, and has reduced the time to "set" our woodstove in half with of course almost zero dust - an absolute must for stove owners.
on 27 May 2012
sent off for a vacuum to specifically use for a wood stove - ie soot which can ruin the hose on a dyson etc... this lil vacuum is brilliant... works great.. quiet and powerful. comes with a filter to clean once in a while... a massive tin like debris collector...a narrow crevice tool and small extension. buy it. its worth it.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2012
on 27 December 2012
Bit like Craig in Strictly, I'm not giving this top marks because of a minor irritation: the electrical lead doesn't unplug from the unit. The result is you end up going to the bin trailing a long electrical lead. But it does job well but watch out for those hot ashes that lurk beneath the surface of the cool stuff! It beats carrying out a heavy tray with shouts of 'watch out' and 'can someone open the door - quick' before the tray leaves a trail of dust as you carry it. It exceeded my expectations and performs quietly and efficiently with no dust clouds. Do pull air through the pipes after sucking up the ashes or bang both ends hard on the outside bin! You put the ash can away and residual dust can fall out of the pipe. Whoops!

if you light a fire everyday, remember the ashes will be hot and not suitable for vacuuming. This device therefore great for occasional fires or when there is a time gap of 18 hours or more before lighting another. Recommended if you're the one that gets shouted at for carrying trays of dusty ashes through the house to the bin.
on 5 February 2013
I have very simple requirements in life, I just want things to work. To that end, and to manage my potential disappointment I tend to avoid things that look 'too cheap'. With this item though I took a punt. The price was somewhat lower than I had seen for similar things elsewhere, but the positive reviews swayed me. And I am not disappointed.

I use this to vac our fireplace out, which it does with ease. I can clean it out 5 times before I have to clean the filter, which is very easy to do. The suction on this is a lot lower than our normal vacuum, but to be honest it is well up to the job as it is not sucking dust out of deep carpets. At the end of the day it does exactly what it says it does, and does it perfectly well.

Would I recommend it to a friend? - Yes

Would I buy another? - Lets hope it doesn't fail too soon, but Yes.
on 3 February 2013
a great product does exactly as stated. i can now clean my fireplace out in half the time it used to and with no mess
on 18 November 2012
This deservedly gets 5 stars as it a very good product, well made, quiet to use and does exactly what it needs to do. The vacuum is well made and has a washable dust cover with an easy to open lid to empty the ash you have collected, albeit not very often due to its generous capacity. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone thinking of purchasing it. It is worth noting E bay sells this from the same supplier for up to £15 cheaper. A worthwhile purchase.