5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!!! 10 Star rating!
Dubious when saw it at this price, needed for trip to USA, a Tom Tom map update was silly price. Arrived within 3 days, charged up and off we went using UK map, got me to 3m of destination! Good map view, shows next turn/junction and the one after it as well, never had me 'off road' like my Tom Tom does, often in a field! Instructions for swapping maps a bit vague, so...
Published 23 months ago by T. Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Sat Nav
For the money,this product is o.k. Nowhere near the abilities of something with Tom Tom on... but at such a low price, you couldn't hope for any more.
Buy if you want a cheap machine that will get you to where you want to go.
Published 24 months ago by Chicken

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars That's what I call service!, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe and UK maps, 4GB (Electronics)
I ordered this product through Amazon on 15/06/12 and it arrived on 29/06/12, all the way from China!.
The instruction booklet isn't too clever (I did not expect it to be) and without better instructions I could only access the USA/Canada/Mexico maps.
When I ordered the satnav it was to have Europe + UK loaded as well, I see that it is now advertised as with USA/Canada/Mexico OR Europe + UK this made me think that I may have received the USA maps only so I fired off an email asking whether the Europe + UK maps were loaded and if so how could I access them.
I received a reply within 3 MINUTES from the supplier Natthacha with instructions on how to get at the European + UK maps which I was then able to do. Good service or what???.
I have used the satnav a couple of times now in the UK and it has been great, I am off to Florida later this year and have pre loaded the driving directions from my hotel to all the theme parks. If the satnav works as well in Florida as it does here I will be well pleased!.
To get a package like this for under 40 quid is fantastic value, it would have cost me more than this just to hire a satnav over in the US.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking GPS, 2 Jun 2012
I bought this as opposed to a Garmin or Tom-Tom mainly because it was 30% of the cost and what a bargain.

The unit starts up quickly and has already loaded both Europe and USA maps which can be switched between - it covers most of the world on a 4GB SD card. You can easily move the maps onto a larger card if you want to also load up video, audio or photos which it also plays.

The battery doesn't appear to last too long but if it's going to sit in the car then that's not too much of an issue.

Overall I am very impressed, time will tell but I'd recommend this unit to other.

4.0 out of 5 stars good device, 18 Jun 2012
bought this gps because it had mainland spain on it and tom tom one i had wanted 40 for a Spanish map.
speech is a bit robotic, and it seems to indicate speed camera's everywhere when there aren't any. apart from that works a treat on testing in the U.K. will let you know how i got on with it in Spain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Car GPS SatNav Sat Nav Navigation Europe+UK OR USA/Canada/Mexico on 4GB, 9 July 2012
John Mcevoy (UK) - See all my reviews
This cheap Sat Nav was puchased for my trip to USA and Canada. It was to help me when walking around unknown towns etc.
The battery life was short - around 30 mins. In the event I did not need it for this purpose.
When plugged into my hire car it proved invaluable. Specifically aroung Toronto (this is one massive city)and to / from Niagara Falls. It proved to be a great asset.
The pigeon English instructions need to be improved - but any sensible person can navigate through the programs.
The Sat Nav did the job - and thats what matters.
Some great features, including the POI which got me to Toronto airport.
The service from the supplier was positive when I enquired.

Cheap Car GPS SatNav Sat Nav Navigation Europe+UK OR USA/Canada/Mexico on 4GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault for price., 4 July 2012
Arrived quicker than expected from China[10days] and no import charge's. Supplied with both mains and car adapters[UK] Windscreen mount, usb cable, earphones and English instruction manual[Basic] Built in 4g memory contains Usa/Canada/Mexico in folder named USA and most if not all countries of Europe in a folder named Oz for some strange reason.
System runs on WinCe6 and on boot up the desktop contains icons for Navigation, Photo viewer, Video player,Music player, Text reader, Calculator,Unit converter,Flash,WinCe,Time&date etc etc.
Igo navigation searches by address and postcode and appears to have speed camera's and poi although I've not tested as yet. It picked up the satelite's from inside my house so no problems with reception.
Unit has micro sd slot for all your entertainment needs.
Have so far played music, watched video and viewed photo's all worked flawlessly.
Mine arrived set for Usa but soon found how to change over to UK. Usb connection to computer is selectable as active sync or mass storage.Map info seems to be 2009/2010 dependant on country and I will look into updating which shouldn't be to difficult being Igo software. All settings, volume, brightness, 2d/3d are adjustable as is viewing angle and distance/zoom etc.
The unit is very slim with a 4.3in touch screen which works well. It also has Fm tranmitter to send sound to Fm radio receiver. All in all a bargain at this price. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!, 30 Aug 2012
This little gadget is brilliant and terrific value for money.
My only whinge is that the handbook is practically unintelligible, and concentrates on technical detail rather than 'how to'. (I had to learn how to operate it by trial and error- took me a week to realise there was a 'built in' stylus!)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, So Good, 12 Aug 2012
Originally looking for a multi-purpose GPS device on a budget for use with Geo-Caching! I found this and having read all the reviews decided to purchase. I haven't used any other SatNav, using only travel route software on a PC, like Google Maps.

Arrived well packaged, very promptly, well in advance of target delivery date. Instructions are basic but, as previous reviewers state, more detailed ones can be downloaded from iGO that answer all of navigation software queries.

I will need to get an additional SD card for music/video/ebook etc storage or delete pre-installed files I don't need. I have experimented and downloaded sample files from my PC via the standard USB cable included and these additional options all work well.

Latest release UK & Europe (as advertised) were the maps installed on internal storage (not separate SD card) but additional ones I required were sent via 'cloud' without fuss with instructions on how to install. Anyone with basic PC knowledge should be OK with this and also prepared to read instructions on how to achieve functionality Eg: Post Code address search.

Using it for walking, Battery life on 'pedestrian' is short but can be helped greatly by reducing 'backlight' display level from the default 'always on'. I also put it in 'sleep' mode to conserve power and back on again as required and this then allowed me to travel over 10 hours from home & back via public transport to another city with pre-entered addresses without power problems. Of course, you could always also take the charging adapter with you! However, As others have said this really isn't an issue for the main use purpose in a car/van when connected to cigar lighter .

In conclusion, very good value for money....So far So Good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price and occasional use, 10 Aug 2014
A. Conroy (England) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a cheap sat nav for occasional use as I couldn't justify the much higher price of the popular brands. It works reasonably well but takes a bit of practice to get used to some of the directions given- e.g travelling on a dual carriageway it told me to "keep left" when I actually needed to take an exit. Also the voice samples are a bit odd "James" (The male English voice) appears to say "gwova" (sounds as if he comes from Norfolk) rather than "go over" the roundabout whereas the majority of his phrases are well modulated and annunciated (very Home Counties). Occasionally James appear to be totally struck dumb and refuses to say anything at all for no apparent reason, although the on-screen display continues to show all the right directions. When he does speak the volume is quite loud enough to be heard okay but the female English voice is a bit too quiet for my liking - although it is possible to link up with the in car entertainment system to give higher sound levels. "Amy"(American female voice) has a nasty nasal twang that British users will mostly hate.
Persuading the unit to plot a different route to the first one it computes can be quite tricky and time consuming, involving putting in a lot of "vias" so I am not sure how useful it will prove to be when I need to quickly reroute to avoid unforeseen traffic jams. However I gather this is common with other sat navs too. Menu screens can be a bit confusing too and I seem to go round in circles looking for the one I want. When searching for an address the program eliminates letters and numbers that don't apply. In theory this should improve typing accuracy and speed of searching but in practice can be a bit frustrating when I can see a road on Google maps but it doesn't recognise it.
The display screen is not very bright and can be hard to see in bright sunlight, which means it needs to be angled down slightly to reduce reflections. The power connected cable could do with being about 6 inches longer to reach the socket in my car without pulling the unit at an awkward angle.
As yet I haven't managed to get the wireless media player to hook up with my car radio. There are a bunch of othe rfeatures too, like playing games, but I don't imagine I will ever use them.
All in all okay for the price if you only want it for occasional use. If you do a lot of driving get something a bit better

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish product / hopeless back up service, 21 May 2013
Bought this looking for a cheap sat nav, unfortunately you do get what you pay for, product is tiny compared to Tom toms, garmins etc, having tried more expensive sat navs I can safely say this product is not worth the cheap price you pay. I initially had some queries about the product when I received it so emailed the seller not once but three times and they still didn't reply. The manual is utterly useless so you have to work out the answers for yourself.
I only wish I hadn't wasted my money on this useless bit of kit and saved my money towards a branded item with decent customer support. Unfortunately this has taught me once again the valuable lesson that you do get what you pay for!

2.0 out of 5 stars Car charger plug came apart, 16 Sep 2012
D. M. Jones (Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
THIS IS AN EDITED VERSION OF MY ORIGINAL REVIEW

This GPS is called a Mediatek. But what is not immediately apparent is that the "Navigon 8 Igo" GPS mapping software in it is actually from the highly respected USA company Garmin. The manual in the box (which is in very small print) covers all the ancillary features in the machine - but has scant info on the actual Navigon GPS Navigation software. To get to grips with this you need down download a 91-page user-guide from [...]

However the whole package is astonishing value for money - the same price or less than a Tom Tom map update .

The ancillary features like playing videos, e-books, showing photos, electronic calculator, transmitting MP3 to car radio etc, etc are probably unnecessary - but they're there for teckies. The internal battery doesn't last long so you need a power source - car or mains.

Here comes the problem. The quality of the car charger lead (it goes into a car cigar lighter) is poor. Mine came apart after just two minutes. The central metal probe, the plastic ferrule which holds it in and the fuse all fell out. I had to get a tube of superglue to stick it back together - but it works ok now

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›