5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!!! 10 Star rating!
Published on 6 Sep 2012 by T. Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Sat Nav
For the money,this product is o.k. Nowhere near the abilities of something with Tom Tom on... but at such a low price, you couldn't hope for any more.
Buy if you want a cheap machine that will get you to where you want to go.
Published on 25 Aug 2012 by Chicken

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!!! 10 Star rating!, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe and UK maps, 4GB (Electronics)
Dubious when saw it at this price, needed for trip to USA, a Tom Tom map update was silly price. Arrived within 3 days, charged up and off we went using UK map, got me to 3m of destination! Good map view, shows next turn/junction and the one after it as well, never had me 'off road' like my Tom Tom does, often in a field! Instructions for swapping maps a bit vague, so contacted seller who responded same day with easy to follow instructions, once mastered this, the rest of the menus become intuitive, obviously a direct foreign to English translation. Took to USA, Miami intl airport, set address for house key pick up, a dry cleaners in a shopping precinct, took me straight there, (150 miles). Fantastic, set house address, took me to the drive of the house, far more accurate than Tom Tom. Used intensively over there, never missed an address. As it covers europe, USA , Canada for the price, why try anything else? It is basically a Windows CE environment, games, music, apps, the sat nav is an app. Cannot fault it. Oh, Miami airport to the house was all at night in the dark, what a trial for it. I am recommending to all my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sat Nav, 25 Aug 2012
Buy if you want a cheap machine that will get you to where you want to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth persisting, 4 July 2012
My SatNav arrived a couple of weeks after I ordered it, and I must admit I was initially disappointed. The device is essentially a small computer, not dissimilar to my Android tablet, but smaller and more limited (obviously).
I made a problem for myself when I chose a wallpaper (because I could!) that hid from sight the lower button on the worktop that enables a second screen which included some vital settings for the navigation programme. I was thus unable to find any maps other those for US/Canada and, although I wanted the Canada maps for our forthcoming visit, I was also keen to use the device in the UK before we go.

Some of the feedback about communication from the supplier has been poor, so I emailed for help without much hope, but the next day (a Sunday)I received a reply in perfect English, some guidance and an offer of further help. Discovering the 2nd screen helped! I was able to find the UK maps and have been using the device in my car ever since. I can't fault the communication, which was far better than many suppliers.

The maps themselves are good - I drive some obscure rural byways and I've yet to catch it out. Compared to our Tom Tom, the screen is a bit small and some info (arrival time, etc) appears on a second, easily accessible, screen. The voice that gives directions is a little quiet and tends to distort a little at full volume (not sure I want to use the music player for this reason). I could use a little more brightness on the screen - the green of fields is quite dark. Cities, which appear in grey on the daytime setting, are very easy to see in detail. I find the vocal warning if I exceed the speed limit very effective. It sounds quite reproving and I find myself attempting to argue with it - not productive. I'm also amused by the instruction to 'goo' as in 'goo over the roundabout'. It sounds slightly rude, or maybe a bit of Norfolk dialect crept in there.

Small point, but the mounting bracket is great. It adjusts and locks by way of a sturdy thumbwheel and stuck superbly to the screen before I locked it - that was a surprise.

Overall, this device is very good value despite a few limitations. When I initially tried to set it up, we decided either to send it back or leave it in Canada when the holiday was over! Now I'll be very happy to bring it back and use it while my partner uses the Tom Tom.

4.0 out of 5 stars USA /Europe gpsm, 20 July 2012
I bought this gps and it arrived within about 2 weeks.
It's basically quite a neat little machine which functions well,although there are a coupe of small points which could be better.
The battery doesn't hold it's charge as long as a normal gps,but you can plug it into the car so no problem.
The screen works better if you use the supplied stylus.

The main point I'd like to make out is that it is sold with only one card which contains either Europe OR USA .I contacted the supplier by mail and they replied very quickly,and sent a map of the USA which arrived in about another 2 weeks.
I'm just waiting now for the instructions how to load the map then all will be ok.

All in all good value for money with a good support from the supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be the bargain of the year!!, 1 April 2013
D. Ashford (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
For around 30 quid this was either going to be a waste of money or a pleasant surprise. I'm happy to say this has surpassed my expectations.The unit doesn't look or feel as cheap as I was expecting, more like a down market version of an ipod. After reading the other reviews I decided to get this unit as my first sat nav purchase. The first thing to do is download the IGO 8 user manual from the IGO website as the enclosed manual is useless by explaining how to use the photo viewer,video and mp3 player and nothing about the sat nav!
In use the sat nav works well supplied with UK and Western European maps.. It picks up and reconnects the signal quickly and tells you when its disconnected due to obstacles such as bridges, tunnels etc. The maps are clear and well signed with plenty of info such as speed, direction,journey times etc. There are lots of voices to choose from. They are clear and easily understood and warn you if you are exceeding the speed limit. There is also a stylus which fits into the unit to make it easier to mark maps for via points, points of interest, and places to place the destination cursor if you find your finger to big and inaccurate. I think there is a speed camera alert, although as I bought this to use in France (which ban such devices), I hav'nt looked into this as yet. Some people have said that the voice volume is low. I have found that this isn't the case and sounds fine. It comes with the maps preloaded in the device and not on a micro SD card. You can download the content onto a pc as backup with the supplied usb cable. The cable supplied with my unit didn't work so I used another one without any problems. The mains charger comes with a euro to uk plug adaptor and there is an in car cigarette to usb lead. The quality of these leads is low end so you have to handle with care as they can be easily broken. The battery life is short as commented on by other reviews. In the manual it states an totally unrealistic 10 hrs! In reality you can expect more like 30 minutes even with the backlight turned down. This would be a problem for walkers but in a car the lead solves this.The in car satnav mount is versatile and works well. I bought this from Dracotek as nearly new. It took about 10 days to arrive from China as promised, undamaged in a box wrapped in a thick coat of bubblewrap.
Although I hav'nt had any experience with other sat navs made by the leading brands, I can recommend this unit as it is so cheap to buy and if it goes wrong its not the end of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault this, 3 Mar 2014
Arrived within a week.
It is very small but it was advertised as this size and I knew it was this small as that's what I wanted as I bought it to go up where my mirror is at the head console and it does the job perfectly.
It has a complete 'microsoft/iPhone' style facia with music player, calculator, photo viewer, flash player, etc., etc., and looks like an iPhone with apps. To be honest, I haven't tried these as I bought it for navigation only and thought for the low price I'd try the device and so far it hasn't disappointed. The navigation works perfectly, comes with very fast touch screen, adjustable sounds (even for key touch) and full adjustments with easy access to all apps. Apart from size I really cant see any difference between this and say a top model Garmin, etc.
It also comes complete with fully adjustable window mount, car cigarette lighter charger, headphones, computer lead and a mains charger however the mains charger has a European two pin plug attached to it so you will need an adopter for UK use, the ones that we use for tooth brushes. as this doesn't come with the device.
Anyway, very pleased so far. will update should any problems occur at a later stage.

Update... It doesn't hold a charge very long at all but if you direct wire it or use the cigarette lighter charger it will run for ever. This has to be one of the top navigation bargins on Amazon, the navigation system is flawless and accurate.
I've upgraded from 4 star to 5 star just for the ease and accuracy of the navigation system and the amazing price alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out branded SatNav's - this is coming to get you!, 30 July 2012
Like others, I usually read previous purchasers comments to help me make a decision, as they are usually unbiased. So let me be clear about purchasing this Sat Nav and from this particular seller - Do Not Hesitate - this is by far the best Sat Nav I have owned to date (considering I only bought it for a forthcoming holiday to the USA, having America Maps preloaded and I am too tight-fisted to spend £50+ to download them to my other one).

Three things firstly you need to know:
1. GPS system is by SiRF ATLAS IV (they are global leaders)
2. The operating system is Windows based (no introductions needed there)
3. The mapping software is - iGo myWay (again a market top dog)

The unit comes preloaded (on hard drive not Micro SD card) with USA and Europe maps (despite the rather cumbersome product description on Amazon which actually states "Comes with iGo myWay Primo and either Europe or USA maps") and has a huge array of mapping functions associated with a top dollar unit (I mean HUGE by the way).

I have had it out on the road a few times and it has picked up everything from obscure country roads to newly laid "A" roads without a hitch. If you also want it to double as an in-car entertainment system for those "are we there yet" moments, then it will do that too with videos (WMV, AVI, MP4, ASF) and music (WMA, MP3) and Pictures (JPG, BMP) it can even act as an e-reader for goodness sake!!, please note: driving and reading is not good!) - but you will need to purchase a micro SD card for all of those entertainment functions above.

The unit it's self is very well made, slim and the connection thingy with the suction cup on it for sticking it to your window could easily hold a heavily pregnant elephant, it's that good.

So the downside - well I have yet to travel to the USA so I have no idea if the maps are accurate for our holiday but I have every confidence they will be and as others have stated the battery life is very poor but who cares as it will be plugged in!

A note about the seller - I panicked a bit when I read that cumbersome product description and seen that it said "Europe or USA maps" and dropped him/her an email and the response was immediate, respectful and helpful and secondly this Sat NAV arrived from China in eight days (yes 8) - probably in an aircraft using this Sat Nav unit to guide it to my front door!

And finally as someone who knows about marketing I would replace the word "cheap" with "low-priced" in the product description (cheap has other imagery) as this may ship a few more units and give the branded SatNav market a run for their money!
Again - do not hesitate to purchase and from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget sat nav with some bonus extras, 9 Mar 2013
I decided to take a risk based on the previous reviews and buy this Sat Nav and I am so glad I did.
I have to use a Sat Nav most days for my job and had previously been using an old Tom Tom 1 so my review is based on my experience with the TomTom and other built in car systems.
The package arrived within approx 2 weeks, it wasn't boxed just bubble wrapped in a padded envelope which had resulted in some minor damage to the holder, not the best of starts, but It wasn't the end of the world as it still held the unit.
The unit is light and portable and not much bigger than a mobile phone so easier to travel with. It came with a car charger but no mains charger fortunately I was able to find a USB charger that suited, I think it was for my camera.
I set about charging the unit which seemed to take hours and once it was on, it would not hold a charge for very long. I read a few of the reviews and most said that reducing the screen brightness would help battery life but trying to find the setting to do this was another problem, it took a while but eventually I found how to do it. Anyone buying this unit be aware that there is a second screen which you access by touching the screen and scrolling. It isn't the easiest thing to figure out but once you do it and know its there it seems simple. The battery life improved slightly but not by a lot, I resigned myself to thinking this was the result of buying a cheap machine and as I would have the charger in the car it would still be ok.
On my next trip I tried it out, and I have to say I was more than impressed. I had on many occasions missed turns following the Tom Tom but found this unit to have very clear images with excellent voice commands. l The junction signs for motorway driving were also a real bonus which a found a great improvement on the TomTom, the signs appear on screen as they do on the motorway so you know exactly what junction you are approaching, there is also clear lane indicators.
I have used the music facility which uses a micro SD card with no problems, its not the best sound quality but it does the job and is as good as a mobile phone. My daughter has also made use of the pre-loaded games a nice little extra feature. There is also the option to use the unit as a hands free but as my car is already fitted with one I have not checked this out yet.
A lot of the reviews comment on the fact that you cannot look up postcodes, but YOU CAN. If you INPUT THE POSTCODE INSTEAD OF THE TOWN NAME it will find it, I have been using it for several weeks now and it has not failed to find any place I have searched for. The battery life seems to have improved following regular charging, it is now averaging approx 2 hours from a full charge.
To sum up, the Sat Nav was for me a great buy. It hasn't got the most in-depth instructions so anyone wanting clear step by step guide to every function should probably look elsewhere, but if your prepared to play around and figure it out based on the way other technology works then you will soon have the basics sorted. The maps were up to date and the screen image was great. I paid £38 and for that have got a super Sat Nav, a music player a portable game unit a photo/video player and if it works a hands free unit.
It maybe cheap but for the features you get it is such good value for money and I would have it anyday over my old TomTom 1

4.0 out of 5 stars That's what I call service!, 2 July 2012
I ordered this product through Amazon on 15/06/12 and it arrived on 29/06/12, all the way from China!.
The instruction booklet isn't too clever (I did not expect it to be) and without better instructions I could only access the USA/Canada/Mexico maps.
When I ordered the satnav it was to have Europe + UK loaded as well, I see that it is now advertised as with USA/Canada/Mexico OR Europe + UK this made me think that I may have received the USA maps only so I fired off an email asking whether the Europe + UK maps were loaded and if so how could I access them.
I received a reply within 3 MINUTES from the supplier Natthacha with instructions on how to get at the European + UK maps which I was then able to do. Good service or what???.
I have used the satnav a couple of times now in the UK and it has been great, I am off to Florida later this year and have pre loaded the driving directions from my hotel to all the theme parks. If the satnav works as well in Florida as it does here I will be well pleased!.
To get a package like this for under 40 quid is fantastic value, it would have cost me more than this just to hire a satnav over in the US.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking GPS, 2 Jun 2012
I bought this as opposed to a Garmin or Tom-Tom mainly because it was 30% of the cost and what a bargain.

The unit starts up quickly and has already loaded both Europe and USA maps which can be switched between - it covers most of the world on a 4GB SD card. You can easily move the maps onto a larger card if you want to also load up video, audio or photos which it also plays.

The battery doesn't appear to last too long but if it's going to sit in the car then that's not too much of an issue.

Overall I am very impressed, time will tell but I'd recommend this unit to other.

Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe and UK maps, 4GB