5.0 out of 5 stars Blood of the Wolf
One of my favorite authors produces another fantastic story, i love reading about shifters finding their true mates, with enough action to keep you gripped an turning those pages
Published 12 months ago by Donna Gardner

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The cats eye chronicles....
but better than the first book. One thing though- the spelling is odd and sometimes Maddy gets called Jaime (and I noticed the other reviewer spelt inconsistent wrong :/) and Jaime probablu should be Jamie or something. Odd.
Published 17 months ago by Tamsin

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood of the Wolf, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Blood of the Wolf (Wolves of Black River Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as The cats eye chronicles...., 6 Nov. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Wolves, 8 Oct. 2013
not as good as some of the other stuff by the same author which I reviewed - had lots more sex in and the names were not used consistenyl throughout which was a bit annoying (you know that feeling when you want to correct a spelling and so on)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Oct. 2013
I could not put this book down. Jamie has to put up with some pretty harsh treatment but the story has a happy ending. Love the characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars :|, 14 Aug. 2013
*cough* *cough**cough* ..... some spoilers....

If you like me read the first two books of the cats eye chronicles and thought "hey I want to read more of this author's books, must be similar I'll buy the 2 books in the wolves of black river series and I'm sure I'll enjoy them." Well make sure you read this review first!

Let me make this clear these books are very very adult and explicit. I was NOT expecting that what so ever! This book has a tad less exploiters than the previous on and the guy is younger. But there are still parts that are too much aka when Jamie goes to th other big bad wolf.

Because I had already bought the two books outright before I realised this well.... I have issues.... I need to read what I have. I can't stop half way.

So the plot was quite good I just didn't like the course language or any of the other stuff.... it's my own opinion I'm not having a go at the author or anything as I like her other works I just thought at times some of the topics were a bit too dark for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 3 May 2013
A great second instalment for the black river wolves i loved this b book n if u liked the first then u will love the second

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 22 Feb. 2012
Eighteen year old Jamie has been on the run for four years, moving from one foster home to another trying to avoid being found by Sirus; the murderer of her family and entire pack, but he always seems to be just one step behind her, getting closer and closer leaving her unable to feel safe. There is a turf war starting and Jaime's bloodline is sought after, as the time gets nearer to her first `wolf moon' (coming of age) Jaime senses that Sirus isn't the only wolf on her trail. Danger is all around her and Jaime knows now it's more important than ever that she gets her revenge and kills him before he does as he threatened and takes her as his `lifemate' to ensure his Alpha status over her old territory.

I loved the fact that Jaime wasn't at any point a push over, she didn't swoon at Sirus' feet in an unnatural sudden turn from hate to love and just because `he' wanted her it didn't change the fact that; as her wolf instincts dictated, she would only end up mating with the strongest Alpha, the one who proved himself, the one who managed to catch her....even if that ended up being one of the others in the chase.

This is the second book in the Wolves of Black River series. Both books have ended and we haven't been left with a cliff hanger in either, although characters from `Mark of the wolf' are in this book, they are both separate stories. This is the type of series I enjoy (I hate cliff hangers with a passion!)

Blood of the wolf is fast paced and full of action with plenty of passion and lust. The lack of romance between our two main characters gave a realistic feel to their relationship and it was an interesting change to the norm for a `love' story.

T.L Shreffler definitely has a writing style that I love to read and the ability to draw me into her world with an ease that I don't find often. Her descriptions of fight scenes had me holding my breath with tension and able to visualise every bite and every drop of blood spilt. She managed to find the balance that so many other writers don't achieve in their work, scenes were neither over written nor understated and I enjoyed every page. I was eager to reach the end to learn the outcome but at the same time I was sad for the story to be over.

I am really looking forward to reading more work by this very talented new author.