5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air
Published 21 months ago by C. Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Bland
Having been a massive fan of Frank Carter throughout his time with Gallows and having heard the debut single, Bury My Bones, I was expecting big things from Anthems. What I heard, however, was the original pop-rock formula regurgitated eleven times over.

Published 21 months ago by himynameismarc

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 6 Feb 2013
C. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
I knkow we're only 6 weeks in to 2013 but Anthems by Pure Love is easily a contender for rock album of the year so far, it's outstanding - a must listen! Frank Carter has really impressed me away with his voice, I never listened to much Gallows stuff but credit to him for going down a completely different avenue, I was really impressed with his singing ability. Easily a 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars The band to watch out for this year!, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
The album is incredible and I had it pre-ordered just before seeing them live at the Joiners in Southampton. I've been to a lot of gigs but this one blew my mind. The album was incredible live and it's my fave album of the moment! They are the band to watch out for this year- I don't doubt they'll be huge!

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 31 July 2013
M. Brown "The Deceiver" (Felixstowe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
I listened to a few tracks by Pure Love after seeing this album on the 'People Who Bought This' link on Amazon. I wasn't a fan of Gallows and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the songs on the album. Don't be put off by the group's generic name or the dire album title, this a very good rock album, all well-written, catchy songs with the highlight for me the album closer, March Of The Pilgrims. If you like rock music, buy this album. Simples.

4.0 out of 5 stars One to watch, 8 July 2013
Mr. Lee Hackett "Hacksaw" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
Carter show off some impressive vocals and the usual level of passion in his lyrics. 3 or 4 really decent songs. Not the finished article by a long shot but hopefully they will do a second album with a tad fewer 90's style rock 'anthems'...Not sure if this is an attempt at retro; growing a pair and being a little more experimental wouldn't hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
i've been waiting for this album for a while and it was well worth the wait.great songs all the way through.have'nt stopped playin it since i got it.would highly rate this album to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anthems is the best rock album I've heard for a long time, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
This album is by Pure Love and I do not see the need to mention or compare with any previous bands where Frank Carter and Jim Carroll played. They have moved on and have produced a great first album. This is classic rock music with outstanding lyrics. I love it and cannot stop listening to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vicky, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
I love this. On Saturday I saw them live and they are brilliant both live and on CD. Would recommend this to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm in, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
When this is good, it's very good. Stand out track is Burning Love, followed by The Hits. Some other very decent songs too. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)
Perfect condition, matching as described and a fantastic product. I would recommend this to fans of Twin Atlantic and The Vaccines.

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Bland, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Anthems (Audio CD)

Don't get me wrong, I was well aware of what Frank and the boys were going for with this - I neither expected nor wanted Gallows v2 - but I was hoping for more of the originality that Frank seems to pride himself on. Not one of the tracks on the album is bad, by any means, they're all worth a listen, but not one stands out in any way. Unfortunately, none would feel out of place on primetime Radio 1, and it's nothing that hasn't been heard before by every other emerging rock band aiming to hit the front cover of the NME.

If you're looking for background music to play whilst friends are over for coffee, congratulations, you're onto a winner. If you're looking for real, original rock music to get lost in and revive those rockstar dreams you had - I'd skip straight to the next page.

Anthems
Anthems by Pure Love (Audio CD - 2013)