Format: DVD|Change

on 15 January 2013
This is a great documentary not only about Diana Vreeland, her adaptability as well as the fashion and magazine industry. The range of interview and the dovetailing of the various events was very well done.
on 1 July 2014
I looked for it at Youtube and saw it again and then it was hard to find it. I bought it because Diana Vreeland is just such a unique, entertaining, unique person you got to see this film and enjoy her more than once. You will be flappergasted by her ideas, her style and recognize that she did in fact invent what other people copy if they are wise enough to do so and Vogue will never bee the same again with out her. I read her book and the books about her afterwards, because she was just fantastic.

She blended Fact and Fiction and invented Faction. YOU will love her if you love uniqueness and brilliance at its best.
on 26 January 2015
I find it really interesting and motivating to watch how creative people think, behave and live.
Still fascinating viewing despite being from another era.
on 29 January 2013
Diana Vreeland is extremely entertaining, love her or be astonished by her, this film is a ride. The range of interviewees is eye-popping and fantastic, as they join in with first-hand accounts. A properly uplifting treat, fantastic archive material, and really brilliantly edited and produced. It is a film both about a style setter and an original, a woman empowered to do it her way. It is about more than fashion, as the time period sweeps us through eras of social change. This is a terrific documentary about a woman who lived with gusto, whose life spans from the Belle Epoque and then 1920s New York, all the way through the decades, the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
Inspiring stuff.
on 3 December 2013
This film has me enchanted and I now must watch it once a month the mind of DV was magical and her eye's saw the world as it is with all it's beauty and not hte selective criticism of the vast majority of the brain dead humans we encounter daily, She is one of 5 people throughout history I wish I could have met and known before her demise.
on 10 July 2013
I didn't know very much about this lady before seeing the DVD on the amazon website, but I really enjoyed watching it. There are lots of interviews with now-famous people and it's really interesting to see how much she achieved without any real training - just pure instinct, flair and style.
on 4 June 2013
Vreeland is one of those few people that understand the creative way of thinking. This film allows you to understand more about the person and also invites people into new ways of thinking. I felt the film is worth buying rather then just watching the ones.
on 2 March 2013
Just amazing. What a character! Mrs. Vreeland truly shaped so much in the world of culture in her years of tenure.
on 14 October 2013
Elegant,witty,aware - a woman with amazing flair. The pages she worked on still look superb now. Her personal style was wonderful. We love a true eccentric - thank god for DV
on 5 December 2012
Diana Vreeland is a true icon of life! I enjoyed this DVD tremendously. Wish there was more material available on her ... her autobiography has sold out at Amazon....