4.0 out of 5 stars Entirely possible scenario and very believable
Ryan is spot on, every year small amount of ..now disrupts localised area disproportionately to its imp create on better prepared countries. 3 weeks of it would devastate us. A great read. Thanks

I
Published 13 months ago by Mike Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written and boring
Published 9 months ago by ekm

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written and boring, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Writing is poor, repetitive. Consists of disjointed snippets about initially unconnected characters, most of whom die almost immediately. The style would work better if more of them survived into the next 'snippet' and there was more of a story to follow. Having said that, the characters we do follow are not particularly interesting or well developed. There are also enough factual errors to distract the reader from what plot-line there is. I gave up in the end, I rarely give up on books but this was an utter waste of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entirely possible scenario and very believable, 7 Nov 2013
Mike Jones (Skelmersdale United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I

2.0 out of 5 stars i think i might prefer to perish, 13 Sep 2014
P. Du Val (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great premise, and the writing isnt half bad - nothing a good editor wouldn't sort out. My main problem is less easily solved: Mr Clifford seems to live in a world where only men are really protagonists and clear thinkers. Us women exist in a sort of twilight world of cooking, crying and following orders. By halfway through the book, not the snow but the sheer relentlessness of this wordview began to freeze my brain. A shame because he has talent even if he has no idea what the word «demur» actually means. But never mind my opinion as when the iceage comes my innate inability to extrapolate and plan will probably cause me to perish leaving the future free for rugged guys with shotguns and the royal family. So thats ok.

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was an interesting concept but the deaths were depressingly relentless!
I have never felt so 'brainwashed' before. I began to distrust the good old English weather, and found myself almost fearful of taking the dog in the garden at night! This from someone who loves the great outdoors! Frighteningly easy to turn one's brain.

5.0 out of 5 stars you must read this!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A most excellent tale ...I thoroughly enjoyed it. A real page turner read it and see for yourself.Thats all :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very British apocolypse, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this. Although the writing style is probably not going to win any awards, it was a gripping tale. If one can accept the meteorological circumstances leading to the snowstorm then the aftermath is entirely plausible.
This is up there with 77 Days In September as my favourite Post Apolcyptic fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read!, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. The fact that I actually felt cold whilst reading it speaks volumes. The pace is good, the characters are believable, the little side stories of people's struggles in the unexpected weather all add to an excellent all round read. I'm trying to find other books like it but nothing is coming close!! More please author!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily believable, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A frightening portrayal of life in the UK during a 3 week blizzard that never stops. This story is fast paced with a well devised plot and excellent characterization.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good read, 21 Nov 2013
G. Robinson - See all my reviews
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit to a guilty pleasure - 'end of the world' novels (I blame 'the Stand'). They can be a motley bunch, more hit than miss, more potboiler than literary classic, but good ones can really grip the imagination. Despite the Sun headline-like exclamation-emblazoned title this is definitely one of the good ones. Interesting episodic style, sound characters, believable scenario and it nimbly sidesteps the usual Armageddon trapdoor of over-sentimentality by choosing not to hang onto characters unnecessarily. Or indeed hardly at all.
It's by no means perfect. Some leaden passages, some poor proof-reading and a degree of repetition, especially the Royal Family passages and the notion of paying for scavenged goods in a dying world.
The most striking thing for me though was that I was genuinely gripped and I consumed the thing in very large bites despite the flaws. It really did paint a word picture of a rapidly freezing Britain so we'll that I felt I should be digging out my ski jacket for the walk to the car and was relieved that I own a 4WD vehicle. I really was almost shocked when I went outside and there was no snow on the ground. So, well done Mr. Clifford and I look forward to the inevitable 'après le deluge' second book which is nicely teed up at the conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good plot, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I found this plot intriguing and had trouble putting it down. I cared about what happened to the characters and found myself hoping they survived the snow.

SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)